kill switch

• Has anyone installed a hidden kill switch for the engine/starter? I see an electromagnetic one mentioned in the search section but was thinking a toggle will do it. Don't want a key chain remote. Thinking of ol' school toggle switch, on/off installed remotely at the owners choice of placement.

If anyone has done this not asking where you put the switch just wondering what wire was the toggle installed on (hot or ground). Seems quite simple to do but don't want to run into any unforeseen issues that perhaps others may have had when doing this. ?(

As always - thanks a head of time for chiming in on this. :thumbup:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• As I have a Canadian SS (2016), it has a factory provided anti-theft system. For the Slingshots without that active feature, is it something that can be “turned on” with a reflash (or similar) of the ECM? Or is there a module specifically installed for the anti-theft system

• Has anyone installed a hidden kill switch for the engine/starter? I see an electromagnetic one mentioned in the search section but was thinking a toggle will do it. Don't want a key chain remote. Thinking of ol' school toggle switch, on/off installed remotely at the owners choice of placement.

If anyone has done this not asking where you put the switch just wondering what wire was the toggle installed on (hot or ground). Seems quite simple to do but don't want to run into any unforeseen issues that perhaps others may have had when doing this. ?(

As always - thanks a head of time for chiming in on this. :thumbup:

This one is on my "to do" list but like so many other things I have not gotten to it yet. I can think of several ways/wires to accomplish the task but I would really rather do it in a fashion that will not cause a code should I forget and try to start it myself while disabled. Hopefully some of the more experienced folks will join in with their knowledge and enlighten us.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Thank you GHOST! Seeeee I too know just enough to get myself in trouble! Never thought of the Possibility of a code showing up.

This one is on my "to do" list but like so many other things I have not gotten to it yet. I can think of several ways/wires to accomplish the task but I would really rather do it in a fashion that will not cause a code should I forget and try to start it myself while disabled. Hopefully some of the more experienced folks will join in with their knowledge and enlighten us.

• You can use the Guard Dog Keyless ignition - love mine

MACAWS- appreciate the heads up on this system. I do note that it is a plug-and-play and I assume it goes under the hood. If indeed it does without a hood lock that may be an issue as well. I note that you must switch a rocker switch on your panel to start the motor. At about $300 out the door a hidden rocker switch for less than $10 is pretty much what I’m looking for. An experienced thief pretty much gets whatever they want. Just thinking of trying to stop the other 99% Do you or does anyone else think that the possibility of a code showing up with an in-line switch is a possibility?

• As I have a Canadian SS (2016), it has a factory provided anti-theft system. For the Slingshots without that active feature, is it something that can be “turned on” with a reflash (or similar) of the ECM? Or is there a module specifically installed for the anti-theft system

gunna ask my local dealer about this. I did not know that the Canadian version has this feature. Yet one more reason why I value this forum so much!

• easiest access would be put a switch on the hot side of the starter button. It wouldn't throw a code because the system wouldn't know you were pushing the button. Much like the clutch switch.

• easiest access would be put a switch on the hot side of the starter button. It wouldn't throw a code because the system wouldn't know you were pushing the button. Much like the clutch switch.

Sweet! Makes sense - thank you!

• Heads up info only! Do not go into Harbor Freight stores!
    They have shit in there that you don't even know you need until you see it! It's trying to suck up my mod monies.

So, while we are disgusted this kill switch thing...
    Saw a battery disconnect switch or two in Harbor Freight...
    Not sure how that would play out on long term volatile memory and clocks...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• As I have a Canadian SS (2016), it has a factory provided anti-theft system.

It's described in the User Manual (all versions I think) around page 40 give or take depending on the year. I can't recommend it. I used the system for a little while but ended up disabling it.

It's a pain to enter a 4 digit code using only the Mode button (short presses and long presses to scroll through digits and positions; miss by one and start over). I tried using the simplest code possible (changing only 1 digit) and even that was too time-consuming if you plan to use it regularly.

The process is similar to setting the clock on the Slingshot, but imagine doing that every time you want to start the car. :cursing: