In the News - U.S. & World News Topics for Discussion

• From what early news reports indicates, a woman was pushing a bicycle and attempting to cross a street when she was struck. There was an individual in the driver's seat of the vehicle. Don't know if the woman was at a crosswalk or not. I never have been a fan of driverless vehicles.

What in the hell is the Gov thinking?

Earlier this month, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey updated an executive order to allow self-driving cars to drive on state roads without a test driver behind the wheel.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• https://slate.com/news-and-pol…mp-re-alleged-affair.html

Not making this political but I personally do not give a crap who Trump screwed and when - that is between him and Melania. What I do give a crap about is these lawyer trying to chip out another block set on years of legal precedence to break non disclosure agreements. The only reason these women are getting any traction at all is because it is a controversial President. They and their lawyers can see a huge cash cow if they can break it. I have drafted NDA’s and they generally well served both parties without the time, expense, or embarrassment of a lengthy trial. You can believe that if Trump had never become President you would have never heard of neither of these women - nor would anyone care. Are we getting to the point to where mutual agreements plainly committed to paper an be thrown out because one or the others station in life changes?? To be clear it is a lawyer’s duty to break contracts where there is any ambiguity involved which may be the case in the Stormy Daniel’s case if Trump didn’t sign but cannot see that in the above captioned. Just think - if you paid through the nose and came to a mutual agreement with someone - then YEARS later they take another run at you over the same issue - wouldn’t you be pissed???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• https://slate.com/news-and-pol…mp-re-alleged-affair.html

Not making this political but I personally do not give a crap who Trump screwed and when - that is between him and Melania. What I do give a crap about is these lawyer trying to chip out another block set on years of legal precedence to break non disclosure agreements. The only reason these women are getting any traction at all is because it is a controversial President. They and their lawyers can see a huge cash cow if they can break it. I have drafted NDA’s and they generally well served both parties without the time, expense, or embarrassment of a lengthy trial. You can believe that if Trump had never become President you would have never heard of neither of these women - nor would anyone care. Are we getting to the point to where mutual agreements plainly committed to paper an be thrown out because one or the others station in life changes?? To be clear it is a lawyer’s duty to break contracts where there is any ambiguity involved which may be the case in the Stormy Daniel’s case if Trump didn’t sign but cannot see that in the above captioned. Just think - if you paid through the nose and came to a mutual agreement with someone - then YEARS later they take another run at you over the same issue - wouldn’t you be pissed???

Forgive me but don't you think that if there was some honor among thieves I mean Lawyers this wouldn't happen.
    The only reason they can pull this off is because there are Lawyers that are willing to do it.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My point EXACTLY! Not having had access to the NDA’s I cannot say but I have to believe that Trump’s attorney was competent. If he was not he would leave himself open to a malpractice plus sanctions - if not removal from the bar. To your point there really never has been true honor among lawyers hence the term ambulance chasers. Let’s use medical malpractice as an example. The number of NDA’s signed to avoid PR nightmares for big corporations would probably shock the average citizen. Without the NDA solution it would prevent injured patients from quick much needed settlements AND allow corporations to not air dirty laundry in public - which they would never do without a fight. If these NDA’s are binding (not saying this is right) then what is good for the goose is good for the gander - or politician - or anybody else for that matter.

• AUSTIN BOMBER BLOWS HIMSELF UP !!!

Chalk up one for our boys in blue !!! This time local, state, and federal LEO worked together in unison to track this lunatic down. Cops rarely get much credit these days but the folks of Austin especially, along with the rest of the country should be truly indebted to these brave men and women. With all the negatives about LEO in the news it will be interesting to see if they applaud them at least half as much as they do when they find a bad apple. In my opinion we have a bushel basket full of good apples here to talk about. Well done to all officers that investigated this case !!!

• Yea, In my opinion, we DO NOT have an opioid epidemic
    We have a drug abuse epidemic
    But if we start charging $1000 per dose of narcan, to be paid UP FRONT before application of drug, paid for by the family of the abuser
    Then the problem will solve itself with Darwin's and Carma's assistance.
    Stop blaming it on the drug and read the freaking warning label on the bottle.
    And start following the PRESCRIBED DOSAGE and stop self medicating and self increasing the dose therefore CAUSING the addiction.
    IT IS NOT THE DRUGS FAULT.
    IT IS THE PERSON'S ABUSING THE DRUGS FAULT.

• Hmm, We never try to use common sense when a gun is used why should prescription drugs be any different?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868