To wear, or not to wear, a helmet......FYI

• Who becomes financially responsible when somebody decides not to wear a helmet and sustains major injuries because of it? Insurance never pays for everything so the burden ultimately falls upon the family and, being somewhat selfish here, trickles down to even me personally with increased insurance rates, and I don't even know the selfish idiot...................

I accept and acknowledge my responsibilities and wear my helmet, why is it wrong to expect others to offer the same courtesy and wear theirs?

Bill

• Who becomes financially responsible when somebody decides not to wear a helmet and sustains major injuries because of it? Insurance never pays for everything so the burden ultimately falls upon the family and, being somewhat selfish here, trickles down to even me personally with increased insurance rates, and I don't even know the idiot...................

Bill

If you want to start calling people names how about the people who drink and/or smoke, are they not a much bigger issue when it comes down to insurance premiums being high?

Why not start a tread about that or does talking about something that is an actual problem in the country vs something that is so dismal that I doubt it registers in the grand scheme of things other than to create sensational "News".

Compare claims related to alcohol vs claims related to smoke/tabacco vs claims related to no helmet and I am sure the no helmet related injuries are nothing but a rounding error so please for the love of god get of your soap box, use your helmet and leave others in peace.

PS. I personally don't give a crap if people drink or smoke I am just trying to make a point, I am tired of certain people trying to tell others that those who choose to legally not wear a helmet are going to be the end of society as we know it.
    :00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• It’s just like seat belts....I remember when cars didn’t have them.....then they had lap belts...we didn’t want to wear....then they had shoulder straps that nobody wanted to wear....

do you buckel your SS seat belt...WHY?

Statistics prove they save many lives.....it’s the same for helmets....

It’s why you make your kids wear one when biking or skate boarding....

You only have one chance to save yourself from a traumatic brain injury...which could render you a vegetable for the rest of your totally useless life or cause learning problems or partial paralysis or total paralysis.

Unless you’re a hermit with no family that cares about you...don’t wear a helmet because nobody will care what happens to you...you only die once...

• Actually, I was just paraphrasing what this young lady was overheard saying......................

On a related note, recently they were transferring a patient from the hospital to a special needs facility, it was a case of the patient just being short of a total vegetable after a helmetless accident, and the family was overheard discussing how they were going to pay the mounting bills, when one family member, (wife?), expounded , "I kept trying to get the selfish A.H to wear his helmet and look now at the mess he has left us in................................. :(

Bill

Bill