Snazzy now has Twist Dynamics Cold Air Intake

• Yes, Snazzy my 2017 Midnight Cherry SL LE does come stock with what looks like cold air intake, but does no come with the intake cowling that surrounds the intake air filter. Also it is does not come with a nice looking tube, it looks like a bent aluminum pipe. Now Twist Dynamics has a very attractive Cowling, connected with an attractive color matching tube ending into a nice Round Cage. Now the color grabs you when you open the hood. It does give some more power without the engine heated air intake. The cowling collects air through the closed in area bringing only air from straight in front of Slingshot. At the end part of video, I give you a chance to view the Cowling area and filter from under the hood closed. My installation video are very detailed to help the folks with very little installation experience. So, lean over my shoulder and let's get this puppy installed. Showtime!

• Glad there will finally be some instructions out there. When I bought mine from SSO they told me no instructions, basically, figure it out on your own.
    The O-ring and throttle body were the puzzler, rest of it was easy.
    Thanks for taking the time Sam.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Sam mentioned in a TDS post that he now has 300,000+ hits on his YouTube video channel. He also mentioned that he hasn't made any money. I didn't take his statement as a complaint, but I googled the relationship between hits and revenue and basically, viewers need to click on the ads with each video to generate revenue for the video poster.
    Bottom line, when viewing Sam's videos, click on an associated ad so he might get some well-deserved reward for his efforts. Sam DID NOT ask me to post this! :D

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Thanks @BKL for your statement about my Youtube Channel and ads. Since that post, I have monetized my youtube channel. I do get revenue for the hits that click on my video. I am now up to over 911,997 views and 282 video. I am now getting 40,000 views a month. Million, here I come in about two and half months or less now. I do appreciate your comments to help. I try to make video that will help my fellow owners with. Subscribe to my Channel and click on the options to receive notification and you will not miss any new video I produce. Thanks to all of our Members that watch my video, it is nice to hear people enjoy my video and messages of help with Slingshot installs and maintenance.

• Has nothing to do with clicking the adds. You have to have X amount of hours viewed content a year just to be even eligible for monetization.

My comments were based on the google search I did, which wasn't very thorough. One of the first results found mentioned the importance of clicking on ads placed with the video to generate revenue. I'm sure Google isn't about to try to pay somebody who only gets a few views per day.

I may not have expressed things clearly or accurately, but if Sam's videos generate views for YouTube, he certainly deserves some reward for his efforts.

• Again, thanks, I see now that the members here are really interested in the value of my video to be rewarded. I appreciate the comments and concern that I receive something for my work. I do receive revenue for your hits to my video, so keep watching. By the way you do not have to click on ads, the click on the video gives me the rate for pay. More clicks for video, more pay. Bottom line, I would do this same thing if I there were no monetary rewards, I love to do it to help folks.

• The only way to learn is to ask, so....

The SS I just purchased (it's not here yet) has cold air intake. So what does that mean? What does it do?

And is there a K&N filter I will have to periodically clean?

The SS I just purchased (it's not here yet) has cold air intake. So what does that mean? What does it do?

not sure which you have but here is what DDM Works says about theirs on their product webpage.

"The DDM Works Cold Air Intake System is comprised of a mandrel bent aluminum intake tube, free flowing K&N Air Filter and an "in house" Silicone coupler for a smooth transition from the throttle body to the air intake tube. The factory Polaris Slingshot intake is quite restrictive and upgrading to the DDM kit will improve air flow. When you increase air flow, you create more usable power throughout the engine's entire RPM range. The DDM intake system is paired with an K&N high flow filter. This mod will gain you 8 WHP & 8 WTQ"

If memory serves here, didn't you get the SLR in orange? If so, it has the CAI on it, but no K&N filter. I am rather certain that's a paper type filter, not really like the K&N version. However, you can get one of the K&N versions and replace it, which I would if it is indeed paper type.

I could be wrong about it, but that's what I remember seeing under the hood of one of the SLRs. @dangerdarrell would know, even though he's gone to forced air on his.

• If memory serves here, didn't you get the SLR in orange? If so, it has the CAI on it, but no K&N filter. I am rather certain that's a paper type filter, not really like the K&N version. However, you can get one of the K&N versions and replace it, which I would if it is indeed paper type.
    I could be wrong about it, but that's what I remember seeing under the hood of one of the SLRs. @dangerdarrell would know, even though he's gone to forced air on his.

Yes, the factory filter seems to be paper with a bent aluminum tube to the throttle body. Better intake than the standard one but I had planned to replace it with a better CAI anyway. Supercharger comes with a K&N and new intake. @HeRSling thought I chose a rather expensive way to get a good intake. Hers has an Alpha. :D However, now she wants a SC for hers too. :00008356:

• If memory serves here, didn't you get the SLR in orange? If so, it has the CAI on it, but no K&N filter. I am rather certain that's a paper type filter, not really like the K&N version. However, you can get one of the K&N versions and replace it, which I would if it is indeed paper type.

OK you are indeed correct. I asked the seller this morning if it was an add-on and he said no, the SLR comes with it. I thought it was an add-on. My bad!

• @studiopeg, just FYI. The paper element won't work as well as the K&N. K&N has been tested for air flow under normal conditions and at 100,000 miles will still flow more air that most paper stock type of elements. It is warranted for 1 million miles. Yes you are correct, it does need cleaning to work it's best. I have K&N on every street vehicle I own (6 of them). I would suggest you get one at some point in the future, and I'm sure others would agree. I wouldn't make it a priority, but the stock air filter will need replaced thru use over time. I would bet that you could get a drop in replacement K&N for about the same price Polaris will want for the paper replacement they have.

• Take a Look at the 2017 SL LE, I thought this was cold air. I now know it is not and it does not look cool. This is why most folks want the Cold Air Intake system, for the attractive look to doll up the engine. It does help product more power due to cooler air that is directed into a cowling and filer area. The hood closes off the area around the filter that only air from straight in from front will enter the filter. All in all, it is a great investment all the way round. I like it! Filter maintenance will be a thing to consider, I am not sure at this point if this is a washable filter. I will be checking that out and develop a maintenance schedule.
    My video is primarily of how to install. Maintenance is a whole other subject. Something to always consider when installing aftermarket products. I am giving you a photo to show the Stock Air Intake system for Snazzy. This is not Cold Air system.

• @samowens44, that's the 2nd time I've seen under the hood of one of the ones from Polaris with the filter like this. The last one I saw was in late 2016. I agree, not a CAI, or Cold Air Intake. It likely flows better than the stock with the plastic housing box that most came with, as the air opening is rather small for that.

• @samowens44

Once you figure out what filter it is can you post here please? I think I got a generic version of the K&N, didn't have the same look as my K&N in the past, but it will be handy to know and keep on file if the life-span fails on the unit. Mine is one of the first Twist versions from last fall, I think they have improved things since I got mine.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.