SlingShot, your current PITA.

• First SS, well I don't have it for a reason. The 2016.5 replacement has been pretty damn good but I'm only at 11k so there is that.

Still a blast to drive every time I take it out

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The Eastwood aerosol product would hopefully reach more of the tubing surfaces. I'm assuming the hot linseed oil would need the frame to be rotated to ensure coverage of the inner tube surfaces. I know I'm not strong enough to rotate my frame to ensure any coating would coat the insides of the frame tubing. :D

I don't know as I never heard of the eastwood product. Yes you would have to rotate the frame with linseed oil. Linseed oil may be old hat compared to today's products but I have never kept up with such things. Way back when there was no internet to research things like this, now you can find out all kinds of things and watch video's of it being done.

• My slingshot pain in the ass has only been the exhaust. I know how to fix it but wife just hasn’t given the ok yet. I was getting close but new hvac system probably made it a a lot harder lol She really didn’t like not having heat for a week.

• My slingshot pain in the ass has only been the exhaust. I know how to fix it but wife just hasn’t given the ok yet. I was getting close but new hvac system probably made it a a lot harder lol She really didn’t like not having heat for a week.

And my wife thinks She should have a new Kitchen... Got everything here and going to start that project on Monday....

• My current PITA has been ongoing since new. Bought the Slingshot on April 16, 2016.. Never received anything from Polaris regarding having purchased a new SL/LE and that included recalls. I checked with Polaris well over a year ago, gave the customer service guy my VIN and he says "sorry but we don't have you as the registered owner" and he gives me the name of who their records show bought the Slingshot the December before I took it off the showroom floor.. I call my selling dealer and he reassures me they did send my registration into Polaris and Polaris much have made a mistake along the line. They will correct it. I let this go about a month which I think is a reasonable amount of time to take care of all that needs to be taken care of, call Polaris to check and lo and behold I am still not the registered owner BUT they do have me in the system with my warranty expiring 4/1/2018. That's 2 weeks short I tell them and with the issues I have had with the ESP and Brake Failure warning lights it would be better to have the warranty expire 2 full years after purchase. I send in my bill of sale and title and am reassured by Polaris that this will be fully investigated and corrected if necessary. Another month and call back. Nope still not me owning the Slingshot. Still expiring April 1 (April Fool's Day) so I ask that a supervisor who can correct this situation call me. And about 2 weeks later I get a call on my wife's cell phone but she didn't have it on and the super leaves a message. I call back, he's not in but will call me back. That was a week ago and still waiting. Some I have relayed this story on to have said the dealer must have sold me a used Slingshot. Well, if so they have created a fraud since their bill of sale says "new" on it and titles in Delaware require "new" or "used" and it clearly represented as "new". Amazing and disturbing at the same time... So now I am getting recall info from Polaris about some grommets on the swingarm that are there but Polaris insists they are not (dealer said they have notified Polaris of the status). Yet I am still not the owner according to Polaris.

• My current PITA has been ongoing since new. Bought the Slingshot on April 16, 2016.. Never received anything from Polaris regarding having purchased a new SL/LE and that included recalls. I checked with Polaris well over a year ago, gave the customer service guy my VIN and he says "sorry but we don't have you as the registered owner" and he gives me the name of who their records show bought the Slingshot the December before I took it off the showroom floor.. I call my selling dealer and he reassures me they did send my registration into Polaris and Polaris much have made a mistake along the line. They will correct it. I let this go about a month which I think is a reasonable amount of time to take care of all that needs to be taken care of, call Polaris to check and lo and behold I am still not the registered owner BUT they do have me in the system with my warranty expiring 4/1/2018. That's 2 weeks short I tell them and with the issues I have had with the ESP and Brake Failure warning lights it would be better to have the warranty expire 2 full years after purchase. I send in my bill of sale and title and am reassured by Polaris that this will be fully investigated and corrected if necessary. Another month and call back. Nope still not me owning the Slingshot. Still expiring April 1 (April Fool's Day) so I ask that a supervisor who can correct this situation call me. And about 2 weeks later I get a call on my wife's cell phone but she didn't have it on and the super leaves a message. I call back, he's not in but will call me back. That was a week ago and still waiting. Some I have relayed this story on to have said the dealer must have sold me a used Slingshot. Well, if so they have created a fraud since their bill of sale says "new" on it and titles in Delaware require "new" or "used" and it clearly represented as "new". Amazing and disturbing at the same time... So now I am getting recall info from Polaris about some grommets on the swingarm that are there but Polaris insists they are not (dealer said they have notified Polaris of the status). Yet I am still not the owner according to Polaris.

This is the web site to check on recalls...

On-Road Product Safety Recalls - Search by VIN

Did you take your Slingshot into your dealer for its 500 miles service?

To do that service correctly they need to 'plug into' Polaris with your vin# and name. I have had 2 units that I bought new...24 Feb 2015 and 16 Sept 2015 no problem getting either one into the system....the 16 Sept 2015 was even registered (in the system) 3 days after purchases by a second dealer(at a rally).
    I don't think that last statement makes sense!!!!!!!!! BUT it was in Polaris's system.

I do have a super dealer --- 120 miles --- to Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL but well worth the drive just for an oil change. (that would be a longggggggggggg drive to change the oil in the car, but NOT the Slingshot...)

At a couple of events this winter I have meet a couple of Polaris people---
    don't know it would help but here there e-mail ---send them this story.
    Jason Delor Jason.delor@Polaris.com
    Brett Nagel brett.nagel@Polaris.com

can't hurt....

• @Mick.
    That situation would suck and probably won't get straightened out soon enough.
    Since you don't seem to be getting any results from your dealer or Polaris, you could file a complaint with the BBB and your state attorney general's office. Cost is nothing and requires those named to answer the complaint within a timely manner. Unfortunately, chances are you won't see results before mid month April.
    Worst case, someone will have to step up and take ownership if a mistake was made. Best case, you may be granted warranty extension due to their failure.
    You never know how these will turn out.
    By filing the complaint, it might trigger an investigation by state attorney general against those named if similiar complaints are on file.

You may not get the same satisfactory results, but I went this resort against Directv several years ago for failure to honor their contract.

Just curious, the brake light problem... do you run a third brake light modulator?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I do have a super dealer --- 120 miles --- to Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL but well worth the drive just for an oil change. (that would be a longggggggggggg drive to change the oil in the car, but NOT the Slingshot...)

That is it, EJ, that is the key point, the dealer is what makes or breaks owning an early SlingShot a pleasure or a curse. We, like you, had a great dealer when we purchased our SlingShot, they took care of us completely, where we had absolutely no reason to go to Polaris themselves. Mick, you have made it obvious, at least to me, that you need to try another dealer. I just checked your location and there are at least 20 dealers within 150 miles from you, (Damn you are so lucky, that was the distance to our closest dealer.) I have a sneaking suspicion that if you just give another dealer a chance, (maybe do some homework first?), and they are just half as good as our dealer, I am willing to bet that they can make all of your problems go away....................

Bill

• That is it, EJ, that is the key point, the dealer is what makes or breaks owning an early SlingShot a pleasure or a curse. We, like you, had a great dealer when we purchased our SlingShot, they took care of us completely, where we had absolutely no reason to go to Polaris themselves. Mick, you have made it obvious, at least to me, that you need to try another dealer. I just checked your location and there are at least 20 dealers within 150 miles from you, (Damn you are so lucky, that was the distance to our closest dealer.) I have a sneaking suspicion that if you just give another dealer a chance, (maybe do some homework first?), and they are just half as good as our dealer, I am willing to bet that they can make all of your problems go away....................

Bill

At least making the problems workable...

• @airoutlaw no I don't have a third brake modulator. The ESP warning light issue pre dates any mods. The Slingshot pretty much came with it. And no, I didn't opt for the overpriced 500 miles service from the dealer. An oil change and u joint lube shouldn't cost $375... The brake failure issue is brand new and came about on the last ride before putting the Slingshot away for the cold winter. I realize there isn't much I can do to motivate Polaris to make this right. My factory warranty will expire but at least the dealer and Polaris have acknowledged the ESP and brake failure warning light issues and that they are currently happening and will honor the warranty on them once the weather gets to a point where I can get the Sling to the dealer. If I had known of Polaris's lack of concern for customer relations I would never have purchased a Slingshot. It has taken away from the whole ownership experience. I agree another dealer may be the best resolution. Especially with this whole registration snafu as I am sure my selling dealer has something to do with this as this is where the information Polaris puts into their system originates. I will have to start doing some homework... Thanks for chiming in.