Oil change

• One! you have a better back than I do, never have been able to pull the plug from the top and I have tried, just because you said you could. Two! I never change the oil on a cold engine. That stuff is hot down there.

And the oil too!! :00007510:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• One! you have a better back than I do, never have been able to pull the plug from the top and I have tried, just because you said you could. Two! I never change the oil on a cold engine. That stuff is hot down there.

I do the oil change with engine hot, use the extension with universal and 15mm socket, so I do not touch the oil plug for the drain process. Now you do need a universal that stick to a position and does not droop with weight of socket. If this is an issue with your universal, a rubber band wrapped around the universal joint will keep in in position to place over the Oil Plug. Now when I go to install the oil plug back in, the engine is cooler and no problem. @FunCycle get your extension set up with universal joint and go try it for a dry run to see if you can get the socket on the Oil Plug. I think you will find a long enough extension will keep you back out of the equation for discomfort. Try it when you can just for the fun of it. Give us a full report.