Bushtec Trailer Wiring

• I already have a Bushtec Roadstar trailer that I pull behind my motorcycle. I'm setting the Slingshot up to pull it also. I know that Slingmods offers a wiring kit and I see that Bushtec also offers one. Does anybody know if one is better in some way more preferable than the other?

• I bought the one from Slingmods. Works just fine.

I did however get rid of the 4-pin pigtail and went with a solid flush mount system like this....

I don't have a picture, but it is mounted where the arrow is in this pic...

Best thing I did. this way there is no dangling wiring in the way and forced me to rewire my trailer because it had been patched a couple times and wasn't "looking" so pretty

• I already have a Bushtec Roadstar trailer that I pull behind my motorcycle. I'm setting the Slingshot up to pull it also. I know that Slingmods offers a wiring kit and I see that Bushtec also offers one. Does anybody know if one is better in some way more preferable than the other?

what kind of hitch are you gonna use, I have a wicket hitch which is great.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Already have a hitch. It is a good hitch but swing arm mounted. I know that a lot of folks don't recommend this type but it will do fine for no more weight than I will pull. I got it from Carbon_One and I know that he does fantastic work as I've known him for many years through my venturerider forum. He has used the same design on his Slingshot since he bought if after they first came out.

The main thing is the wiring. I'm leaning towards ordering the one from Bushtec. I've used their's on other bikes and it seems to work very well.

• I also have a Swingarm mounted hitch from Alpha

I haven't had a lick of trouble with their version 2.0 If you respect what you have behind you, you won't have an issue while towing it.