New member, going to be asking a LOT of questions! Ghost sent me...

• Welcome to the forum - and thanks for sharing the incredible story, it really hit home

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Welcome to the forum @studiopeg! :thumbup:

You’re going to fit right in here.

After reading the story about your mother & father, I started cutting onions - pretty sure it was the onions that made me cry... :whistling: BEAUTIFUL story, thanks for sharing. Your father was a member of “The Greatest Generation” & obviously raised his daughter well.

Oh, BTW, I have free candy...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• lol, I almost chose that pic, lol

• Slinglow: "Please share the story of your father with the crew. Very cool."
    --------------------------------------------

It's a heart warmer...

@studiopeg, welcome to the forum. Nice way to start...making a bunch of grouchy old men cry! :P Oh, and me too, I guess...I'll cop to the "grouchy," but I don't lump myself in with the old fogies yet.

I would have liked to meet your dad. He sounds like a neat old codger. Makes me miss mine - ain't cancer a bitch?

Good luck and have fun making that machine your own. Drive it hard - it was meant to be pushed.

• Hello studiopeg and welcome. I know we met and briefly chatted on the other side but I tend to spend most of my time here as I'm sure your quickly seeing why. Glad to see you've found your slingshot. Im excited for you and anxious to see pictures. Sounds like the research and questions have already paid off.

• >>I told her that we needed to learn to have fun again.

Yep that's it. I had forgotten too. It's only been 6 weeks since dad passed and it took me 3 full weeks just to learn to sit down and relax after coming home from work. The first 3 weeks I could not sit - always that feeling of do-do-do, go-go-go, a robotic kind of thing a caretaker becomes.

I went up to the gun range and shot for an afternoon 2 weeks after he passed. I felt guilty for having fun. Like you said, it felt weird. But it's just that I haven't been able to do anything for myself for so long that it was a foreign feeling. You know that feeling. But I know dad is smiling down on me, and will be riding shot gun in the slingshot :)

• Dad taught me well :) Home made go cart at 6, big wave riding at Jones Beach in NY at 8, roller coasters at 10, tools at 12, repairs in my teens. Miss you dad!

What part of Long Island are you from?
    I lived in Bellmore / Massapequa and Ronkonkoma before moving to Virgina

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!