Shocked by the shocks!

• OK here we go. I just stepped out from my cave and was thinking about a better ride and installing new shocks. Saw JRI shocks mentioned in a lot of places and decided to look them up. Am I the only one shocked by the shocks? $2500 for a pair? Seriously? Not including the rear shock? Maybe I have too much Scottish blood in me but good Lord! 3-4 K for shock set up :COILOVERSS: ?(

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• OK here we go. I just stepped out from my cave and was thinking about a better ride and installing new shocks. Saw JRI shocks mentioned in a lot of places and decided to look them up. Am I the only one shocked by the shocks? $2500 for a pair? Seriously? Not including the rear shock? Maybe I have too much Scottish blood in me but good Lord! 3-4 K for shock set up :COILOVERSS: ?(

Seems you are a bit confused ..... the best JRI's you can get for the Slingshot are $1899 for the full set of three .....there are lesser sets for less $$....

JRI 2-Way Adjustable Shocks for the Polaris Slingshot

Have willingly paid more than that for a single rear motorcycle shock and the shocks on my truck are 2/3 that each .... quality and technology costs (and is well worth it) .....

........... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• look here - JRI Sport set of 3 is under $1,000 - grand touring under $1,200 set of three - also DDM and others - - - lots of options for much better prices than what you say you found

Slingmods - coilovers

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I will take a look around. I am looking for a shock that will be more cushy if you will on the highway but still give me a reasonable amount of control in corners. Not looking to be Ricky racer but wanting a little more comfort. As usual, this forum is amazing with great opinions and experience. Really appreciate it!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• SO. Is this for ”1” SET of three??

dont get them there - go to slingmods.com they have the JRI's and also others at a better price

• I will take a look around. I am looking for a shock that will be more cushy if you will on the highway but still give me a reasonable amount of control in corners. Not looking to be Ricky racer but wanting a little more comfort. As usual, this form is amazing with great opinions and experience. Really appreciate it!

sounds like exactly what I want - when the time comes I was going to get the JRI grand touring from slingmods - $1,150.00 for the set

• Also something that most people don't seem to understand is that JRIs are the only monotube designed coil overs for the slingshot, all QA/1 as well as the new Twist and also the new DDM are all twin tube design which is inferior, so you just can't compare them apples to apples.

Think of it this way is like comparing a honda vs an acura , while it is true both will get you from point a to point b the acura will do it better and with more style.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• I will take a look around. I am looking for a shock that will be more cushy if you will on the highway but still give me a reasonable amount of control in corners. Not looking to be Ricky racer but wanting a little more comfort. As usual, this form is amazing with great opinions and experience. Really appreciate it!

JRi Grand Touring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Unless you are a highly technical driver, you woulf probably find that the QA-1s aremore than enough for your need. Much cheaper too.

will also say that a track day proves that an even cheaper solution will work.... :P

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

I was looking for the exact same thing in shocks. I went with the JRI Grand Touring and couldn't be happier.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Look at the new shocks from DDM
    Set of 3 triple adjustable around $900 I think.

QA-1 Duals are about the same.

I'm considering giving up my JRIs triple, $1900 set for the new DDM option...

Thoughts? I don't track and just ride for pleasure and every once in a while drive it like I stole it, spinning the rear and donuts and drifts...

And yes Jared, sometimes concrete barriers are involved... nerd-squared