WOW!!! There's a BIG difference between the price of Slingshot mods and the price of F350 mods!!!!!!!

• I'm just about to pick up a 2002 Ford F350 Dually Lariat LE 4X4 with the 7.3 liter diesel engine. I went onto Amazon to look at a couple of accessories that I want to get for it and I was SHOCKED!!! SHOCKED, I tell you, at the prices. I had to double check to see if I was reading them correctly. After doing mods on the Slingshot, I suppose I just got used to the astronomically high prices of parts and accessories. The stuff I want for my F350 is dirt cheap by comparison.

Complete 4 piece headlight and tail light LED conversion assemblies with projector headlights and halo rings built into the headlight assemblies - $195.00. Pfffftttt...... That would cost at least $695.00 is it were for the Slingshot.

• Remember, Slingshots are just like boats, airplanes and motorcycles. The reside in your garage and are the source of the vacuum in the universe. They have been know to suck the brains out of highly intelligent people and turn them into blubbering fools willing to part with vast sums of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• One thing to keep in mind is production numbers, 50k+ each model year for those trucks and there hasn't even been 30k slingshots since production started in mid 2014. Goes back to the supply and demand, who is making parts, etc!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Agreed @Tech_Rick. The long production runs for F-series trucks have left the market completely saturated with stuff. Good for consumer prices no doubt... but, Ford (and most other mass produced vehicles) have already gotten you at the time of purchase (their margin is huge on the sale of a new vehicle). The aftermarket really has to fight to get noticed ~> and it's a fierce fight to get your money and make a profit! Quality is often the trade-off.

Relating to the sling however... I'm not complaining about the costs. Sure stuff is more expensive. I just view the whole thing as art anyone would want in their living room ~> and we all know, ART AIN'T CHEAP! :S

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I hear you Tech-Rick. I would like to get a wing/spoiler. Slingmods has the Underground Auto
    Version and SlingshotOnly has the Twist. Same thing and funny, same price! $400 please!
    Worth maybe $150. Well when one of the companies actually wants to start selling some of the products and goes lower than the other there will be some competition and I might buy one!

• Agreed @Tech_Rick. The long production runs for F-series trucks have left the market completely saturated with stuff. Good for consumer prices no doubt... but, Ford (and most other mass produced vehicles) have already gotten you at the time of purchase (their margin is huge on the sale of a new vehicle). The aftermarket really has to fight to get noticed ~> and it's a fierce fight to get your money and make a profit! Quality is often the trade-off.

Relating to the sling however... I'm not complaining about the costs. Sure stuff is more expensive. I just view the whole thing as art anyone would want in their living room ~> and we all know, ART AIN'T CHEAP! :S

Hey Erica,
    I have some Terry Redlin’s I’ll sell cheap! I need a SC :thumbsup:

• Nice find Tech_Rick. You're going to love the 7.3l. That sumbitch'll pull Mt. Hood up Mt. Rainier!

That's why I've been hunting a well maintained older truck like this - I specifically wanted that engine. I've got a 40' fifth wheel camper for it to pull sometimes, but most of the time it'll just pull the Slingshot around and do some light hauling with a 16' flatbed trailer.

• That's why I've been hunting a well maintained older truck like this - I specifically wanted that engine. I've got a 40' fifth wheel camper for it to pull sometimes, but most of the time it'll just pull the Slingshot around and do some light hauling with a 16' flatbed trailer.

I got mine to haul my tractor, dump trailer, car hauler trailer, 3,500 lb camper, and I have a 42' fifth wheel toy hauler I'm in the process of selling. I looked high and low until I found a '99 F250 with a 6 speed and 88k miles about 3 years ago - now at 116k. It should outlive my usefulness. New trucks are for rich kids...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I looked high and low until I found a '99 F250 with a 6 speed and 88k miles about 3 years ago

A bit more use and you'll finally have that engine broken in!!! They're getting harder and harder to find, and the people who do have them just don't want to part with them. This one already has 220,000 miles, but it's been regularly serviced and well maintained. That's only about 1/4 of the useful lifetime I expect from this engine. I much prefer this one to a new truck.

• Remember, Slingshots are just like boats, airplanes and motorcycles. The reside in your garage and are the source of the vacuum in the universe. They have been know to suck the brains out of highly intelligent people and turn them into blubbering fools willing to part with vast sums of cash.

Pretty astute viewpoint for someone who doesn't even have one yet. :00008172:

• A bit more use and you'll finally have that engine broken in!!! They're getting harder and harder to find, and the people who do have them just don't want to part with them. This one already has 220,000 miles, but it's been regular serviced and well maintained. That's only about 1/4 of the useful lifetime I expect from this engine.

I sold my last one at 235,000 and it had never run better. I only sold it because it came off the east coast and had rust problems that I got tired of fixing. My 'new' one came out of Arizona. I've got a buddy with a 6.0l and he's been in the shop 20 times to my zero. :thumbup:

I much prefer this one to a new truck.

You got that right. I have 4 gauges. Oil pressure, temp, volts and fuel. And no screen. Not much to go wrong.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)