Sundre Sling Fest (Jul 27th-29th 2018)

• Then give yourself a raise before you fire yourself so you can collect a larger unemployment check :D:D

Sometimes I don't make minimum wage and sometimes I don't make $200/hr, depending on the project...

I haven't paid into unemployment or social security for 16 years!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Ouch

Not as much as you'd think. Capital gains baby! I've never had confidence that they'd stay alive long enough for me to collect. Now, at 58 I'm wondering. I'm thinking about getting a job selling snowmobiles in the summer to reintroduce myself to the system.

• Sounds good. I'll be through Helena and headed north on Wednesday, and I hadn't picked a place to crash yet that night, but it will be close to the entrance to Glacier National Park, so I can run that road first thing in the morning and still hit the border crossing at a decent time, well before lunch. Love to have you run that route with me (or us, if @Ross pulls the trigger).

mini golden inn hungry horse Mt. This is a good road side motel and it's about 5 miles from glacier national Park. Have stayed here 20 or more times. I used to owner property in corum Mt. 20 acres.

• Not as much as you'd think. Capital gains baby! I've never had confidence that they'd stay alive long enough for me to collect. Now, at 58 I'm wondering. I'm thinking about getting a job selling snowmobiles in the summer to reintroduce myself to the system.

Hell they(the left) are all about giving social security benefits to illegals, I don't see any difference in giving it to someone born here but then again you'd probably have to change your name to gomez or something! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Hell they(the left) are all about giving social security benefits to illegals, I don't see any difference in giving it to someone born here but then again you'd probably have to change your name to gomez or something! LOL

Yeah, I'm from here (strike 1) and I row my own boat (strike 2). I've always been about providing for myself. I do believe in social services for those in need but it's WAY out of hand now...

• Not as much as you'd think. Capital gains baby! I've never had confidence that they'd stay alive long enough for me to collect. Now, at 58 I'm wondering. I'm thinking about getting a job selling snowmobiles in the summer to reintroduce myself to the system.

I hear you on that brother (capital gains). I got a nasty letter from the IRS saying I needed to send in my quarterly estimated tax paperwork. I did, but I didn't put my name, social security number or signature on it. I figured that if I had to guess how much money I was going to make, shouldn't they guess who was going to make it?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I will be in Sundre Thursday evening. Have safe trips out this way. There is now a registration set up

Sundre Slingfest 2018 Tickets, Fri, 27 Jul 2018 at 3:00 PM | Eventbrite

Looking forward to meeting more fellow Slingers and checking out their rides!!

16 Black Pearl, passenger seat relocation brackets, garage door opener, Viper alarm with GPS, 1320 performance header and adjustable exhaust, teeth grill, hood pads, upgraded sound system, Sling Lenz V2.0, Alpha shock covers, Twist Dynamics CAI, Twist Dynamics Silicone Coolant Hoses, Twist Dynamics 9" adjustable windshield, Twist Dynamics coil cover, brake light flash modulator.... and more

• I am heading to Sundre for the 2018 Slingfest and plan on bringing some of my rear protection plates to sell - and one for the raffle. If anyone is interested, send me a message and it will help to ensure I bring enough of each color. Especially you Canadian friends who can save on shipping and import duties. I can also bring luggage racks for anyone interested but won't really have room unless they are spoken for ahead of time. Looking forward to meeting the forum members who attend! Cheers!

• how do you get away with that? Unless you’ve netted $0 for the last 16 years, even self employed pays FICA.

I just caught this older post. @jorgebri60, self-employed pay FICA on ordinary income but not on capital gains. By classifying most of my income as capital gains (sales of investment properties), my expenses, including depreciation always net out my ordinary income below zero. No FICA. The rentals provide ordinary income but after expenses including mortgage interest and depreciation, I am able to net that out to zero as well (love that depreciation). My background and education is in accounting.

• Your Registration includes all of these activites:

8:00 am - Free Coffee Meet Up at Wagons West RV Park
    9:00 am - Group Ride
    11:30 am - Show & Shine lunch at the Sundre Museum
    2:30 pm - POKER RALLY - $1500 Parts Credit to be won!
    6:00 pm - Parade through the park
    6:30 - Rainy Creek Powersports Awards Dinner
    Dusk - Celebration Fireworks & Bonfire!

It also includes a discounted camping rate at Wagons West RV Park or Best Western Plus, free admission to the museum, complimentary meals, Rainy Creek Demo Rides and access to thousands of dollars worth of amazing Slingshot prizes.

Slingers who come early will enjoy a live music concert by the world reknown Plaid Tongued Devils, on the grounds Friday.

Slingers who stay late will enjoy a complimentary farewell lunch catered by Original T's master chef on Sunday. We look forward to seeing you there!

To reserve your camping spot, please call 403-638-4402

To book your hotel room, please call 403-638-0002
    Make sure to let them know you're registered for Slingfest as the spots are already reserved at a discount!

• It is going to be one of the most EPIC rallies - guaranteed!!!!!!!!!

• Damn @KayTwo I almost forgot, you were supposed to remind me, lol, if I type up some sort of 10,000 points gift certificate from http://www.allthingsslingshot.com can you see to it , it gets to the raffle table ? and if your having trouble with the math that's a $100.00 value not a $1000.00 !

Gotta support my Canadian brothers eh !
    Oh, and if one of you four American Musketeers happens to win it, I'm converting it back to Canadian ! :00008172:

• Damn @KayTwo I almost forgot, you were supposed to remind me, lol, if I type up some sort of 10,000 points gift certificate from http://www.allthingsslingshot.com can you see to it , it gets to the raffle table ? and if your having trouble with the math that's a $100.00 value not a $1000.00 !

Oh, and if one of you four American Musketeers happens to win it, I'm converting it back to Canadian ! :00008172:

@kev, I'll be glad to make sure it gets there. You sending via post mail, or email, or carrier moose, or what?

@KayTwo .... we can do the math on this .... it's the same formula as figuring out the temperature from Celsius to Farenheit - we just have to double it and add 30 so that's 2 x 10000 = 20000 + 30 = 20,030

LOL

seriously though @kev - that's a cool donation

• I would have loved to be there but its a long haul from here too, just over 2100 miles each way , and that's going the short way, down around lake Michigan , Chicago instead of the Canadian route , up over lake Superior

Are you a man or a mouse? I believe in you! You can do it! Huge huge thanks for chipping in a prize anyway, we sure do appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I would have loved to be there but its a long haul from here too, just over 2100 miles each way , and that's going the short way, down around lake Michigan , Chicago instead of the Canadian route , up over lake Superior

I'm driving 2500 or so miles each way. You need a new excuse. Just go kick your boss in the balls and tell him - not ask him - you're taking 2 weeks off.