Slingshots in the Ozarks(formerly Slingshot Invasions)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Slingshots in the Ozarks(formerly Slingshot Invasions)

      Allen Burlison who started and has run Slingshots Invasions in Eureka Springs asked us to take the event over and ensure continuity of this Owners Event.The event is renamed Slingshots in the Ozarks.This is due to him having a huge workload in his company.
      We have come to agreement with the hotel to get the group space.The dates are 19-23 Sept.
      We are working on the event which during the course of next week will be posted on the Slingshotroadsters website and will be open for registration.We at Slingshotroadsters look forward to this event.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ivor ().

    • Would love to do this in the Slingshot! @Guardian_Angel and I did Eureka Springs on the Goldwing trike in October 2012 for our honeymoon. The town is easy to get around in, a little for everybody, and not too much of anything. Small town, not big city problems. Excellent choice of roads to ride in the area. And the long haul roads to choose from, in and out, are about as close to freedom riding as any I have been on.

      Big city folks may find the town drab, but the open roads and fresh air in this area might have you folks re-evaluate your current life. Or at least consider making areas like this, a permanent part of your vacation life.

      Keep saying I will do this area with the Slingshot.

      This might be the year...

      Maybe.
      Let me stop everything and Work on Your Problem!
    • airoutlaw wrote:

      Would love to do this in the Slingshot! @Guardian_Angel and I did Eureka Springs on the Goldwing trike in October 2012 for our honeymoon. The town is easy to get around in, a little for everybody, and not too much of anything. Small town, not big city problems. Excellent choice of roads to ride in the area. And the long haul roads to choose from, in and out, are about as close to freedom riding as any I have been on.

      Big city folks may find the town drab, but the open roads and fresh air in this area might have you folks re-evaluate your current life. Or at least consider making areas like this, a permanent part of your vacation life.

      Keep saying I will do this area with the Slingshot.

      This might be the year...

      Maybe.

      We want to do this ride if work doesn't get in the way. If ya'll decide to go give us a shout if you wouldn't mind us tagging along on the way over.


      Tim "Ghost" Ganey
      Winfield, Alabama
      205spam412spam2868
    • This by far is our favorite event of the year. It is a low key gathering where it is easier to socialize, has roads that are every bit as good as MV, you dont have to deal with all the tourist on the road, and the hotel/parking/ event area are a great place to hang out.
      The best part is it has not felt like a big event, but instead a gathering of friends. I really hope that @ivor can stive to keep it that way.
    • Ghost wrote:

      airoutlaw wrote:

      Would love to do this in the Slingshot! .

      Keep saying I will do this area with the Slingshot.

      This might be the year...

      Maybe.
      We want to do this ride if work doesn't get in the way. If ya'll decide to go give us a shout if you wouldn't mind us tagging along on the way over.
      That is where we are... @Guardian_Angel is being considered for new responsibilty (@'Tripod' lurking, not gonna say new position). Her vacation time and possibilty have Maggie Valley on hold.

      Will keep you in mind @Ghost, but you gotta do that ride.

      Wife has never been much outside of Alabama and surrounding trees. She couldn't believe how beautiful and open a tree sparse land with rolling hills could be.
      Let me stop everything and Work on Your Problem!
    • airoutlaw wrote:

      Ghost wrote:

      airoutlaw wrote:

      Would love to do this in the Slingshot! .

      Keep saying I will do this area with the Slingshot.

      This might be the year...

      Maybe.
      We want to do this ride if work doesn't get in the way. If ya'll decide to go give us a shout if you wouldn't mind us tagging along on the way over.
      That is where we are... @Guardian_Angel is being considered for new responsibilty (@'Tripod' lurking, not gonna say new position). Her vacation time and possibilty have Maggie Valley on hold.
      Will keep you in mind @Ghost, but you gotta do that ride.

      Wife has never been much outside of Alabama and surrounding trees. She couldn't believe how beautiful and open a tree sparse land with rolling hills could be.
      Great riding...different from the Smokes...but fun roads and generally not a lot of traffic. I've been there for all three events.

      Leading a ride last year where we would have liked to pick up the 'pace' a little we got behind a Church Bus full of lovely ladies who were in a hurry to get to Church. @Slingrazor does know how to do the fast track in the Ozarks...and he will probably be leading a ride again this year.
      Ej Ford
      Supporting
      Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

      RideforKids.org
    • ?( @airoutlaw, we have lived 45 min. from Eureka for 30+ years. Never considered this area “tree sparce.” Always thought we had lots of trees. Ozark National Forest is here too. And the Buffalo National River. The first designated national river in America. Lots of small farms in the valleys. The whole area is a lot like Maggie Valley. Hills aren’t usually as steep but the Ozark Mountain range is the oldest mountain range in the country and has had a few million more years of erosion than out east. :D
      :SLRSS:
    • @dangerdarrell. Generally speaking, midwest is open plains with a scattered oasis of trees. The Ozarks are a high contrast to the surrounding areas. Guess that is the draw of the area. Farther west and south things become tree barren.

      We rode into Harrison from Conway, Ar on highway 65 and then the short jump into Eureka Springs. On departure, back to Harrison then south on highway 7 to Hot Springs, Ar.

      Here in my part of Alabama, due to the trees, you can't see how bad the approaching storm is until it is almost overhead.

      The hills with trees in that region, not what I consider mountains, may suffer the same effect.
      Let me stop everything and Work on Your Problem!
    • @airoutlaw

      We are riding over in your neck of the woods today. Going to try to make it ove to the "top of the river" for lunch then up in the direction of Sewanee. There is no telling where will end up. We don't have a destination. If you have time to ride today give me a shout. 205-412-2868


      Tim "Ghost" Ganey
      Winfield, Alabama
      205spam412spam2868
    • Slingrazor wrote:

      This by far is our favorite event of the year. It is a low key gathering where it is easier to socialize, has roads that are every bit as good as MV, you dont have to deal with all the tourist on the road, and the hotel/parking/ event area are a great place to hang out.
      The best part is it has not felt like a big event, but instead a gathering of friends. I really hope that @ivor can stive to keep it that way.
      Will do our very best to keep it the way it was.Looks like we will have 8-10 vendors.
    • [list=1][*]
      [/list]

      Tripod wrote:

      @ivor, please provide a vendor list. Attendees are sure to want to know for mod planning purposes...
      At the moment here are the vendors who will be attending Slingshots in the Ozarks.
      Slingshot Only.
      Twist Dynamics.
      Lite the Nite Leds.
      SlingTunes.
      DDM Works.
      Welter Exhausts.
      Underground Audio.
      Am still talking with four other vendors who are considering coming,
      We can take Approx 10 -12 vendors for the show.
      This now is the most ever to attend this event.

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.