Bye bye Wing

• Again...

Bittersweet...

Luckily I got to meet the man, the myth, and enjoy time with him and his Slingshot... My first SS family experience... :thumbsup:

And yes, the only reason I'll still feel like it's Larry's Sling is because it still is, until @pricejh61 starts making it his own... Will definitely need to add his touch, otherwise, it will always be Larry's...

To me, that's what makes Slingshot ownership special... Making it YOURS... My 2 cents...

• You know....before I bought my Sling...I owned a 2012 Goldwing. I really like that bike but it had something missing. You see..on a goldwing there are not that many things you can do to upgrade, change or add to truly make it unique. While fun to ride...it was boring when not riding. For that reason I had decided to trade it in for a Harley. Because as you know...those Harley guys had all the fun...just walk into a Harley Dealership and they have an entire wing of the building dedicated to upgrade goodies. They had it figured out that part of the fun...the excitement...the heritage of the Harley was for the owners to not just "ride" their product but to literally make it part of the family. And they did that thru making it like no other Harley out there on the road. Harley riders are very dedicated to their hogs there is no question.

Well when they told me what they would give me for my at the time 3 year old bike with less than 10,000 miles on it...I told them to go play with themselves and I said ehhh....I'll keep the Goldwing. That is until I first laid eyes on a Sling. OMG it looked like the Batmobile the way it was parked. I went over to it and looked all around it (no I didn't touch it...not that I didn't want to) I went right home and started reading all about them. Skip along and a few months later I was the proud owner of my 2016 SL LE Black Pearl and now I know what the Harley guys have because we have so much we can to to make it our own. We love our slings and we enjoy them whether we are riding or tinkering on it.

While I have respect for Harleys...I am so glad I got my Sling. Im broke now because of it but its a hell of a ride to poverty!

Reap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• It must have been either the one dollar hot dogs or the 50 cent corn dogs at Sonics when that pic was taken

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just thought of something... @Tripod said he bought himself a new toy and that is why he left the sling...Id like to see a picture of the little Hussie that took him away from us!!
    Reap

Previously posted last summer on another thread - you’ve been absent for a while (of course, not through any fault of your own... ;) ).

At Sonic, of course:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Previously posted last summer on another thread - you’ve been absent for a while (of course, not through any fault of your own... ;) ).
    At Sonic, of course:

WHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! =O8o=O8o

You traded in Orange Dream for THAT!! ?(?(?(?(

Ok Ladies and Gentleman (ahem...the term gentleman is used but not really meant...hell that goes for ladies too) @Tripod has oficially LOST HIS FREAKING MIND!!

I need 2 other people to help me Baker Act his butt!! This is serious!!

Although the Chrome is nice but what the hell...LOL !!

Reap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Uh, no trading involved. Bought that outright (gently used) last year. Like I said earlier, there are additional reasons I’m selling the Slingshot that I don’t care to discuss here...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• A classy lookin ride no doubt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not a SS,,,,,,,,,,,no doubt!

Good luck with your new love. Ride'er till she sweats!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Holy Shit it went right over my Head you sold Sling @Tripod..We all have our reasons, mine was time...And the fact they come out with 2 many models making past ones less valuable..I have a HD twitch again to be Honest, but I can't leave alone so Im trying to ignore my inner voice...

fatboy.jpgfatbob.jpg

And the lady who lives with me for once stepping in and sayin NO, but that don't mean shit!! :whistling::D

This will be 1st season since I was 14 without some kind of a toy!!!!! X/;(

Maybe I can make a Vespa Cool ?(

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Come on kids there is a bright side - we do have a new member with great looking sling.
    Now @Tripod never came to MV but I bet his sling will be there this year.....

Yes it will. We live on the other side of the Smokies from MV and already have reservations at the campground. Looking forward to showing off the Orange Madness. Besides, it fits right in with the Vol Nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Yes it will. We live on the other side of the Smokies from MV and already have reservations at the campground. Looking forward to showing off the Orange Madness. Besides, it fits right in with the Vol Nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@pricejh61, welcome to the madness of Fast Orange.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436: