Bye bye Wing

• John,
    Good luck with the Sling. You're getting a really nice one and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. I was in your boat a few months ago (Selling my prized GW). Not so much to buy the sling, but I had too many toys and just got tired of watching them sit there collecting dust, replacing batteries, insuring, and registering them every year and never riding them. Once I got the sling, I stopped riding the motorcycles :( . I've sold 3 of 5 bikes already and the 4th one is getting prepped to be sold as well. Just waiting on better weather before I list it. The last bike is an all original '76 goldwing limited. That one's staying in the shop and actually still gets ridden a couple times a month. Mostly cause they're temperamental shit's and if they're just sitting there not being ridden they cost more (queue @Tripod).
    Oh, and Larry, I've also been contemplating parting with the sling. While I'm not quite there yet, the thought does enter my mind once in a while ;( , but then I ride it and I forget all about it :P . Seriously though, with all the expenses of starting my wife's CPA practice, if it comes down to it and I have to part with either the Sling or the Plane... plane's gonna win hands down. Hopefully neither, but you never know.

See ya down the road somewhere @Tripod. Make sure you stay in touch. I'll pick you up for a ride once in a while ;) .

• No, not getting another Sling. I have other toys though (I mean, besides the bedroom ones... :D )

I am sorry but I just have to say "THIS IS WRONG!!" @Tripod cannot be without a slingshot. Thats like the POPE not having the POPEMOBILE!! (You know that glass cover monstrosity...LOL)

We need to start a @Tripod new sling fund...Ill make the first donation of $20.00....Just have to come to Florida to get it and then I can thank you properly for all the help you have been to me since I started!! :thumbsup:

Also you have an open invitation to drive mine whenever the opportunity arrises!!

Reap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• @jorgebri60, thanks for an excellent post. My experience has been the opposite. I sold a 2010 HD FLHX & bought the Slingshot (still had a Yamaha TW200 dual sport though). As most of you know, I have a bad back. The full size HD was very comfortable to ride but became an issue at walking speeds, parking lot maneuvers, etc. So, bought the Slingshot. Later, a friend let me ride his Sportster 1200T (factory “touring” model). Due to it being MUCH lighter, narrower, etc., I found that I had no issues like with the full size Harleys. I have been a Harley guy my entire adult life (I use the word “adult” loosely, obviously :D ) & have always “needed” to own one. So, I found a gently used 1200T for a steal of a price & bought it last summer. Since then, I just walk by the Slingshot & hop on the Harley. The Slingshot has been getting ignored & needs a good home. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, it’s just not the same. I will say, I’m way more paranoid on 2 wheels & feel MUCH safer in a Slingshot. The HD is MUCH cheaper to insure vs. the Slingshot (at least in the area where I live).

So, there’s SOME of the story. I have other reasons for selling that I don’t care to get into here.

John & Nancy are acquiring a lovingly & well cared for Slingshot with low miles & LOTS of mods. They’re happy & I’m happy. Win-win!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @pricejh61 if you plan it right, you can meet @jorgebri60 in El Paso and ride over to Kerrville for SlingShots in the hill country. That is April 18 thru the 22. Just a thought.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Forum family:

Please know that my home is still a refuge for traveling Slingshots (or Slingshot owners in/on other conveyances). I will pull my car out & you can park in the garage if you’re on a Slingshot or motorcycle. I have lots of tools, etc. & we can do oil changes or whatever you may need. There is also an excellent Slingshot dealer about 4 miles from my house.

I live in Las Cruces, NM where I-10 meets I-25 (50 miles north of El Pisshole, TX - sorry @jorgebri60 :D ) so if you’re going to be passing through, shoot me a PM...

A caveat:

If you’re on a Slingshot, you have to let me take it for a spin... :thumbsup:

• @pricejh61 Congrats on a fine SS. I know you will enjoy it to the fullest. If your trip brings you through North Alabama be sure to give me a shout. We can buy you a hamburger or find you a bed or both. Be safe and enjoy the ride!

@Tripod It isn't fair for you to jump ship before I've had the pleasure of meeting you in person. Here's wishing you good luck and lots of blessings in whatever you choose to do!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Okay, just a slight exaggeration... It’s only 1522.7 miles... :whistling:

(I guess the cat’s out of the bag now...)

Yep, you spilled the beans. . And by the time we get home it will be close to 2,000 miles. Gonna stay south as much as I can on the return. Might make a dash up to Santa Fe then towards Marfa then to San Antonio. Miss N has never been to Santa or Marfa. Gotta see the Marfa Lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I’m really glad to hear that. I need you words of “wisdom” and folly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Lol! Yep, figured you would do some extra traveling to justify the 2,000 miles you referenced. Just thought it was time to tell the family what’s going on behind the scenes. REALLY looking forward to meeting you & Nancy. I’ll be sure & do a fresh oil change, check all fluids/tire pressures etc. before you get here so that you’re good to go. It will be clean also. Leave some room in your travel bag(s) for extra “goodies”...