Slingshot Vandalized! Need some help...

• (Note: I am creating this thread on behalf of @SSREAPER, with his permission, who reached out to me via a Conversation. He’s been through a rough time lately - not just what you’re about to read but other issues. Let’s help out a forum family member who helped out Crystal in Afghanistan! I didn’t feel qualified to answer the questions he’s needing assistance with & suggested we reach out to the vast experience pool we have here...)

My slingshot got severely vandalized. They tried to steal it but couldn't. It was parked out front of my house with cars on 3 sides. they literally dragged it thru my front yard and tried to get it started and when they couldn't they abandoned it 3 houses down and tried to destroy it.

They slashed the roof, slashed the tires, slashed the seats, smashed the infotainment screen destroyed the steering column cut the wiring harness in the column and the list goes on!

Luckily I have full coverage insurance so off it went to the dealer for the estimate. They were able to get my a little over 8000.00

The project is to now put it back together except with maybe a few upgrades. So now this is where the questions start to come in and again ...Thank you in advance.

First is...I need some advice on exhaust... I have the Bullet Speed top and a windrestrictor and I was thinking of adding an F4+5 windshield but I had read that I may have problems with exhaust fumes. I do know that eventually I want to supercharge it so I would like to get an exhaust that is compatible with that.

I was considering the 1320 V2 manifold and the 1320 V2 exhaust ...also considered the 1320 rear side exit but after reading and reading and reading...I am completely lost...LOL

What are your thoughts?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• i have the 1320 header and rear quad exhaust. sound is awesome. not that putrid 4 bangger sounds. there is a little fumes but from everything i have read it say if you take off the cat you are going to get some.

I never had a problem when I took off my cat and after 57,000 and with all of the mods I still do not. BUT, I do not run a tall windshield with my top and if you do you will have fumes with the cat or not.

• @SSREAPER

I have a bunch of stick parts in my shop - if there is anything here that you can use you are welcome to them. PM me a list and I will check to see what I have.
    As for your question on exhaust I have heard several people with rear exhaust adding the Auto underground rear wing with great success deflecting fumes.
    I have been running side exhaust and have had no issues.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @SSREAPER

I have a bunch of stick parts in my shop - if there is anything here that you can use you are welcome to them. PM me a list and I will check to see what I have.
    As for your question on exhaust I have heard several people with rear exhaust adding the Auto underground rear wing with great success deflecting fumes.

Better than that why don't you just post a list of parts that you need.

• @SSREAPER

Thank you for the offer. I really appreciate that.

I will look into the rear wing. I had heard a wing would make a difference with the fumes bot I had pictured the indy style wing in my head and not that one.

I also read that the rear wind deflector could help but have not found anybody who could confim or deny that.

Reap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I have used the 1320 on all three Slings. Love it. My wife has the Alpha side exit and I had it on my first one. Have the Welter Stealth on my new one with the DDM super charger. Love the exhaust and really love the SC.

Hey Dangerdarrell...im assuming that when you said you used the 1320 on all 3 Im guessing your referring to the header and used different actual exhausts? I am glad that you are very happy with the stealth and that it works well with the supercharger. I going to look into that exhaust...If I remember right its the one that exits flush with the rear panel by the swing arm in front of the tire?

As far as your SC...which one do you have and did you install yourself?

Reap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• @SSREAPER, I have not used the 1320 exhaust, only the headers. I have the DDM supercharger and @Slingrazor helped with most of the install. I have helped on 4 installs and it is not that hard if you have some mechanical abilities. You will need help getting the hood off. Easier with that out of the way.
    This is my exhaust (2.5”):

• I use the air wing on mine and an adjustable visor it helps with the fumes when driving. I have a F4 + 7" windshield and a Welter exhaust with a DDM SC and a 1320

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I use the air wing on mine and an adjustable visor it helps with the fumes when driving. I have a F4 + 7" windshield and a Welter exhaust with a DDM SC and a 1320

@mytoy That is a very nice looking Sling. What top is that. I like the flag job its really sharp.

What size rear wing did you go with?

The visor...from what I can see it would deffinitely make wind adjustment pretty easy. Do you custom make it?

What really intrigued me was the F4+7 with a windshield wiper on it....is the wiper hand powered? I would love to see a better pic of the setup. I was thinking of going with a taller windshield but was second thinking it because of the lack of wipers...lol

Which super charger do you have and did you install it yourself?

Thank you,
    Reap

• Here is more info regarding the visor Made a Sun / Wind / Rain Visor

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Here is more info regarding the visor Made a Sun / Wind / Rain Visor

The top is a twist dynamics with a custom made stainless steel roof and the painting was done by the wizard @Painter.
    The wiper is powered via a switch in the dashboard. The Supercharge is from @Dave@DDMWorks and I had it installed last year at SSITS in MV.

• I just had Welter install the 2"dual cat delete C/F exhaust this week at event in Sarasota Fl. They were absolutely a great bunch of guys.
    I had installed the 1320 v1 exhaust before hand, the Bullet Speed V Back top, and the Twist large CF wing. When driving I do get some fumes into the cabin driving and harder pulls. On Saturday when I went back to the show I told Jeff and guys about the fumes. They put it back up on the lift to make sure of no leaks and offered to reinstall the cat if I wanted. I decided to keep it as is to keep the power gain. They taped little entry points into the cabin from underneath and Jeff even went on a quick ride with me, even changed the angle of the wing slightly.
    One thing he thought would help is the rear spoiler Underground Auto sells that attaches just above the taillights.
    Anyways after driving it around another 80 miles Sunday it really isn't that bad and everybo dies sensitivity to the fumes will probably vary.
    I wouldn't take the exhaust off now. Love it. I have had the inserts out all weekend as well. Sounds so good :)
    Sorry to hear about what the damn theives did to that Sling. Lowlifes.

• Don’t forget @SSREAPER, if you plan a supercharger you will need the 2.5” exhaust.

Yes thank you for reminding me again. I am really torn between the side like you have and the duals.

In general I would also like to again say THANK YOU to @Tripod who set up this thread and to all who have responded to this thread and to those who have PM'd me to help.

Reap

• Yes thank you for reminding me again. I am really torn between the side like you have and the duals.
    In general I would also like to again say THANK YOU to @Tripod who set up this thread and to all who have responded to this thread and to those who have PM'd me to help.

Reap

I went with the side exit for two reasons. First was I intend to install a fender and second was riding in some with the side exit. Little to no fumes. BTW, my wife loved the sound when she runs alongside and wants the same for hers soon.

• I went with the side exit for two reasons. First was I intend to install a fender and second was riding in some with the side exit. Little to no fumes. BTW, my wife loved the sound when she runs alongside and wants the same for hers soon.

DO you still intend to install a fender?

That's great the you and your wife each have their own. My wife is happy to be the passenger and I'm happy with that. It means I can spend all the money on mine alone... :thumbsup:

By any chance does anyone know of where I can find used just the screen to the stock infotainment system. Mine look like it was driven over by a truck and the dealer is stupid for the cost of just the screen.

Reap