• As I'm looking at purchasing my first SS :00008040: , the sales leaches are asking me, or should I say telling me to buy the extra $1300 three year warranty or the four year $2000 warranty from another dealer because they say the Polaris warranty sucks. BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE :00008862: . If you act now you can get the $500 tire warranty to protect those rims and tires regardless what happens and of course they give me all the stories about all the phone calls and letters saying how glad the customer was because they purchased the warranty :00006725: . I SMELL something and I know its not my grandsons diaper.

What say you, the all knowing and seeing SS GODS? :D:D

• I think it's safe to say the general assessment is if you want an extended warranty, you're better off buying the factory warranty, That said, if you can find a reliable third party warranty, you may not need to worry about getting rejected because of mods.

• I never buy extended warrantees for anything. Most are useless when you go to use them.
    Ask them for 10 references you can call to verify.

Then tell them you are going to call Polaris to ask them just how bad the factory warrantee is. Love to see that reaction.

Aftermarket Warrantee's are just another money maker for most dealerships. - for not so much.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Have I got a deal for you. Send me the $2000 for a 4 year warranty, and I'll cover those wheels and tires for no additional costs. Just have your local Polaris dealer do the repairs and I'll pay the bill for you. I'll guarantee that in 4 years, I'll have enough of your payment left over to take my wife with me for a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas

you get the picture. Take that $1300, $2000 or $2500 and put it in a money market account or a CD and in the end you'll have spent a lot less than that for all the repairs. Beware when they tell you that you need to have them do the $250 oil changes, $600 for the 10,000 service or $1500 for the 25,000 service

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I am not usually a extended warrantee person, I did get the factory 3 yrs for my Slingshot. One I don't want to do much in the way of wrenching on my Slingshot...but that's me---will keep it looking good and put lots of miles on her. Buy the extended warrantee thru a dealer you can talk price and save some money. I have lots of miles and my warrantee has paid for itself several times over.

• Have I got a deal for you. Send me the $2000 for a 4 year warranty, and I'll cover those wheels and tires for no additional costs. Just have your local Polaris dealer do the repairs and I'll pay the bill for you. I'll guarantee that in 4 years, I'll have enough of your payment left over to take my wife with me for a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas

you get the picture. Take that $1300, $2000 or $2500 and put it in a money market account or a CD and in the end you'll have spent a lot less than that for all the repairs. Beware when they tell you that you need to have them do the $250 oil changes, $600 for the 10,000 service or $1500 for the 25,000 service

It was $500 for the tires warrenty but your point is well understood. Thank you.

• I have just over 5000 miles and my factory back tire is almost at the wear bars....tire warranty would depend on the amount of deductible....and they would probably say it’s normal wear and tear....and I’m not burning the tire....

I will say the 2 year factory warranty is worth it....

• That does NOT sound like the factory extended warranty, and sounds like BS to me. Somebody is reaching for your wallet - break their fingers, then go to another dealer.

Last I heard the factory extended warranty maxes out at 3 years, for $1300. Expect 25% off.

You can call my dealer at 304-257-4420 , and ask for Marcus or pm @Eric@Tri County SS . You should get 25% off no problem. With the factory warranty, it doesn't matter what dealer you get it from.

Also note, you have the first 2 years of full factory warranty to decide what you want to do. Might be worth getting at time of purchase if you are financing, as you can fold the extra amount into your monthly payments. Might be worth waiting 2 years to see how your sling holds up. I had some frightening problems with my 2015, though Q/C could only have gone up over the years.

Also note the new year models come out mid year. If you can hold out 3 months, you could get a 2019 or maybe a better deal on a 2018 as a last year's model.

• you don't get a 3year extended warranty, you pay for 3 years but you really are only getting a year. Polaris goes back to the original purchase date.

Not true. Polaris offers a 3 year extended warranty that tacks onto the end of the original 2 year factory warranty, for a total of 5 years.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• not what Polaris told me

Wouldn’t be the first time they lied. I have the 5 year warranty, in writing, so I know what I’m talking about.

Here’s a pic of top part of contract. I bought warranty in August of 2015 but purchased Slingshot 5/30/15 - notice contract expires 5/30/20 - that’s 5 years... You can purchase anytime before your 2 year OEM warranty runs out.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Figure it out.... you bought in May 15 it comes with 2 year warranty takes it to 2017 you buy 5 year extended warranty before the 2 years and it would extend it until 2022. You paid for 5 years and you are only getting 3 years of extended warranty....

• Hey I just thought of something.....Since i only have about one or two things left that is made by Polaris on my slingshot. :D I wonder what my refund would be on my 5 year warranty plan if I canceled it now. I bought it on October of 2014 . Probably not much... I should have thought of that earlier I guess.....

• Yep. You can only buy 3 additional years im pretty sure.... for a total of 5....

@KyWade be careful of what brand warranty your dealer is trying to sell you.... I'm not saying it's not a Polaris warranty. But they are describing it incorrectly to you.

You get 2 years unlimited miles by just making the new purchase. Then you can add 3 additional years to it. Some dealers tell you it's cheaper to buy it at the initial time of purchase. I don't know if that is true or not.