Slingshot front wheel bearing info

• FYI for everyone.

REAR Wheel bearing/hubs from a Nissan Murano 2008-2014 Also some Maxima, Quest and Infinity Q60's have the same dimensions as the Slingshot, awd has splined hubs for those who may wish to convert ;)
    fwd hubs are non splined.

All critical dimensions match the slingshot as far as I have determined.

Again FYI many Nissan / Infinity vehicles have the same brake rotor bore dimension as the slingshot, for those thinking of doing a custom brake swap...

Plus these bearings start at about 1/3 the price of slingshot bearings... on Rockauto.

Timken numbers are just a little less than oem for price.

AWD HA590238
    FWD HA590237

• The problem with those bearings MAY be the lack of the pickup that the sensor for the abs uses. Putting the wrong bearing, or even the correct bearing in backwards will trigger the abs light. Kenny_h had that happen twice on his from the Polaris dealer when the tech put them in backwards and he had to do the job all over again

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @funinthesun I think that was the rear bearing that was the issue that @kenny_h had. These are the front hubs that @mikeyapproved is referencing, but the same holds true about the sensors. Do these hubs have sensors? Are they a direct replacement?

Yes these are front wheel bearings.... the Slingshot ones I have do not have any ABS rings on them...

I have a stock slingshot bearing and a new Murano bearing on the bench and I can not find any critical dimension differences.

• I like this idea, but a HEMI, 8 speed, Brembo handlebar master cyl's, AKA mountain bike style front and rear on separate systems and Slingshot knuckles and poss front suspension/steering parts... Not the stock A Arms though, but may do A arm copies with the heavier ball joints. ( would save a ton of suspension geometry calculations and off the shelf for at least some bits :D

If I use stock Slingshot suspension dimensions, I can probably use a Unisteer custom ratio steering rack, as the Slingshot is too slow for a handlebar setup...

Rear suspension will prob be an aluminum dana 44 diff (Jeep), narrowed with a single swing arm...

Would like to use 345/35/15 on the rear and 335/30/20 on the front...

Many hurdles to overcome, but I have completed a few crazy projects over the years, so we will see how it goes.

PS:, Can anyone measure how much total travel you get at the steering rack output with the complete lock to lock steering wheel rotations?