The New Front Fenders from @Stickerdick

• thank you sir, just making sure the fender matches the radius of the tire, cut down the extra in the back, making a large radius in the front so it's not straight across, maybe 4' and maybe a 3" radius on the corners. It's -6 outside right now, warming up the garage so I can get out there. Hope to have them complete today :thumbup:

I used the 5 inch radius. It is 79 degrees here right now and I can't even take the Slingshot out for a test run. No Brakes

• OK, I tore the fenders off, marked them for cutting, cut them, sanded the edges smooth and rounded. I put them back on to make sure I liked them, :thumbup: ... now I'm ready to paint. After I paint them I'll use @mniron idea with the double sided tape and fender washers :00008040:

You work faster than I do, my back slows me down. I just stopped at Ace and bought some more 1 1/4 inch stainless steel fender washers and the rugger washers to go under them. Need to get some longer bolts for the fender it self to bolt on so that the lock nuts will lock, Ace did not have the right length. When the pollen quits blowing around here I will pull the fenders and paint.

• Guys... I apologize up front for this issue with the caliper and the brake line... I think I may know why you are having an issue, I mocked up these brackets on my sling which has the 13" front disc brakes from StopTech, and the caliper is sitting farther away from the hub because of the larger diameter rotor! I did not think of that at the time of building the original brackets and basing ALL of my layout work off of those measurements.

I am so sorry for this temporary issue! I will get with the CNC shop and have a new batch of spacers made ASAP, let me know which length you feel most comfortable with and I'll get those made and include two new longer mounting bolts as well.

I really appreciate you (first set or"Alpha") customers so much... you are the reason that the next set of fenders will be just right for the "Beta" group. (hopefully there will be a "beta" Group.

I'm hoping because of @FunCycle doing this build thread and ALL of the constructive criticism and helpful tips we are ALL learning together that there are always some hiccups when doing something new for the first time. I truly appreciate ALL you are doing!

• Fenders have been mounted with the brackets. Just have to round the corners. I used the 1 1/8 in thick foam for the spacer. One thing with the stock SL front tires and rim it might be hard to get them off. I will find out for sure when I finish the cutting and rounding of the corners. So for everyone with the fenders do not try and get to close to the tire or you will pulling the fender to pull the tire off. Right now all I can say is it is border line pulling the tire off with the spacer on it.

I will tell you now... I have had to remove the wheel and tire in the field as soon as just this last week, and I have done it several time over the weeks that I was doing the mock up.... You will need to remove the fender assembly to get the wheel and tire off, at least if you mount them as close as I have and you are running wider 19" front rims like me. It was not that big an issue since I was carrying the correct socket in my tool bag because my locking lugnuts use the same size socket as the two mounting bolts for the bracket of the fenders. Once they are all assembled, the fender assembly comes off as one unit fairly easily and can be re-installed the same way. If it's just a flat, should be no big deal, if the tire blows out.... well, lets just say getting the tire and wheel off will be the least of your worries and I don't think the fender will be in the way anymore.

• I will tell you now... I have had to remove the wheel and tire in the field as soon as just this last week, and I have done it several time over the weeks that I was doing the mock up.... You will need to remove the fender assembly to get the wheel and tire off, at least if you mount them as close as I have and you are running wider 19" front rims like me. It was not that big an issue since I was carrying the correct socket in my tool bag because my locking lugnuts use the same size socket as the two mounting bolts for the bracket of the fenders. Once they are all assembled, the fender assembly comes off as one unit fairly easily and can be re-installed the same way. If it's just a flat, should be no big deal, if the tire blows out.... well, lets just say getting the tire and wheel off will be the least of your worries and I don't think the fender will be in the way anymore.

I am thinking that since I have trimmed out the fender I will be able to change the tire without removing the fender. I am also going to mount the fender brackets on the outside of the fender when I reassembly, I am thinking that will center the fender on the tire. It is according to how much clearance you want to look at on the outside. It might also make a difference on how easy it will be to remove the tire.

• no biggie bud, I'm loving this stuff. I just added 3 washers,... maybe 3/8". I'm good to go. Don't need any other parts. Just finished with the white.

That looks Great!! I truly do appreciate ALL that you guys are doing forThree's da Life! I realize that it can be scary for the first of the customers to buy a product that is basically unproven... but I feel that as long as I stay honest and open on how and why I made this product and you guys are open about how you feel about the work I did and how to improve on that work, then the sharing you guys are doing is making this a better product! And for that, I just cannot Thank you enough.

And on top of that, because of you guys, Three's da Life has been able to donate $250.00 from the sales to @DKF Texas ride charity coming up in Texas for the kids. so, really, that means you guys donated too!

• There are still some folks asking me about using metal for the front fenders, I saw these on FaceBook and this is not a knock on a good slingshot buddy of mine Lanny Mckee, and some of you may have seen his sling in person or you may have seen this post, but he did a set of fenders in metal.

For me, they are just too hard with the straight edge, I am sure they are what he wants, but I wanted something that had a soft curved edge, plus, I just wanted something that would be easy to fix in case of a mishap, I don't believe metal will be that easy to fix.

• I will tell you now... I have had to remove the wheel and tire in the field as soon as just this last week, and I have done it several time over the weeks that I was doing the mock up.... You will need to remove the fender assembly to get the wheel and tire off, at least if you mount them as close as I have and you are running wider 19" front rims like me. It was not that big an issue since I was carrying the correct socket in my tool bag because my locking lugnuts use the same size socket as the two mounting bolts for the bracket of the fenders. Once they are all assembled, the fender assembly comes off as one unit fairly easily and can be re-installed the same way. If it's just a flat, should be no big deal, if the tire blows out.... well, lets just say getting the tire and wheel off will be the least of your worries and I don't think the fender will be in the way anymore.

I am thinking that since I have trimmed out the fender I will be able to change the tire without removing the fender. I am also going to mount the fender brackets on the outside of the fender when I reassembly, I am thinking that will center the fender on the tire. It is according to how much clearance you want to look at on the outside. It might also make a difference on how easy it will be to remove the tire

• when I complete the install. I'll do a step by step of what I did,.. with pictures. Should I have a do it here or have a different threat?

Maybe in the DIY, just my 2 cent. I wanted to do the same thing, but I do not do pictures. That was why I started this thread so that as @StickerDick says the ALPHA group could find out what works and what needed to be done and put all of the info in one place.

• Took a few hours on Sunday to work on mines, looks really good. I had a few issues I had to work around but in the end... PRICELESS!!

I have forwarded notes to Mark just in case someone else has the same setup. Because I have the 10.5" wide wheels up front and the Air Ride suspension, I had to really measure and adjust for three different ride and stance heights. When I want to place SHOT on the ground I did not want the fender to touch the hood. SO my work around was several combinations; Mount the brackets on the outside, and position them so it does not touch the A arms when turning hard and use longer spacers (2")(Steel chrome heavy ass spacers). Results; a very tight looking fender yet clears everything. NOW to finish them off. ONE HAPPY CAMPER!! Thanks again @StickerDick

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.