Insurance PLEASE SHOP

• Since Dec of 2014 we have had lots of discussions about insurance. As we all know there are lots of factors that influence what we pay for insurance. Age, Driving record, Credit score, where we live, just to name a few. I have a number of autos, home, rental property, and business insurance handled locally by a great independent agent. None of the companies he works with handled the Slingshot a reasonable rate. (Progressive at $1,500.00)

My first look at Slingshot insurance when I bought my Slingshot was Progressive at $1,500.00 (that lasted 24 hours) and after shopping some I went to Alstate at $350.00 and the next year they upped the rates enough to send me shopping.

Talking to Dan (the Texas insurance man) I went to Nationwide at $301.21 (2017) --- Wanted to bring my insurance back to my local agent who in 2017 could not write the Nationwide but could in 2018. I did figure that there would be a rate increase from 2017 to 2018. Going thru Dan in Texas my increase went from $301.21 to $308.07 ---- Not a bad increase. My local agent put together the exact same policy with Nationwide and the cost $466.01... Both used the same info to do the rates. NOBODY local agent or Nationwide home office knows why other than the computer.gif is all messed up.

A 50% difference same coverage same company????????????

LOOK and SHOP.

• I wonder how much "Texas Dan" could save you on the rest of your insurance needs? Think MOD MONEY!! :thumbsup:

I don't like to shop --- but when 'you' send me shopping I do some good research. Rates I have with my agent and Celina Ins are very good with a great company. Not well known (don't spend a lot on advertising) but been in the game for a long time and cover everything except the Slingshot.

We have so few companies and agents that are know what a Slingshot is --- makes getting good insurance and good rates tuff.

With so many things that affect rates I thought my 'story' would make an interesting read. (by a former 'Jr High math teacher' that never learned to read so good)

• May be my location. May be that I have good credit and own my home. Could be that I've been lucky and have a good driving record (lucky by not getting caught recently for any tickets). My insurance with State Farm is less than $300 a year, full coverage, at 250/500/250 for year round riding coverage. Next to my truck (1994) it's the lowest cost policy I have.

• Insurance information for New Jersey NJ
    Since the reclassification of the SS from a motorcycle to a autocycle the insurance companys are no longer writing policys.
    Ok I have insurance card in hand. Company name KSW Agency 6313696915 I payed 473 a year full coverage 100/300/50 no tkts or accidents,homeowner. This company brokers for Progressive and I called them twice and they told me they dont cover SS. I hope I dont get a call but so far so good. Keep your fingers crossed! Hope this helps fellow NJ SS owners!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Dan in Texas quotes best rates with Progressive. He couldn't help me, but a local agent got me a good rate with Progressive also.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.