Front Brake Rotor info

• Yes, but mine also are slotted. They look great, but with the stock diameter rotor inside a 20 wheel, it looks lost. Too bad the "good" brake kits are so much money. I'll never track mine and hardly ever exceed 110 mph for any length of time. With the ceramic pads and these rotors, I haven't had any "oh shit" braking moments to force me into the $2,000 brake kits. But you're right - free is best. Just ask Marco :)

where did you find a big brake kit for 2K?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• How hard is it to drill the stock rotors? is there an special tools needed ? You wouldn't happen to have a DIY on this would you :thumbsup:

thought about it but I figured I can be responsible for myself but not others so I didn't do a DIY post.
    The pattern is the hard part. It needs to be such that there is no spot along the brake pads that do not sweep over a drilled hole. This insures no ridges over time. I have looked at some current designs and see this not being done. There are some good information out there if you Google it. Hole size and placement away from the rotor edge also need to be watched. It's rather time consuming and you also have to go back and counter sink all the holes (front and back). The current rotors offered that are pre-drilled are a good deal when you factor in the time it takes to do it yourself. I just had some time and wanted to know if the OEs could be drilled, that's all.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• thought about it but I figured I can be responsible for myself but not others so I didn't do a DIY post.The pattern is the hard part. It needs to be such that there is no spot along the brake pads that do not sweep over a drilled hole. This insures no ridges over time. I have looked at some current designs and see this not being done. There are some good information out there if you Google it. Hole size and placement away from the rotor edge also need to be watched. It's rather time consuming and you also have to go back and counter sink all the holes (front and back). The current rotors offered that are pre-drilled are a good deal when you factor in the time it takes to do it yourself. I just had some time and wanted to know if the OEs could be drilled, that's all.

Thank You Sir Good information

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• stop tech @SSO is $2300 - DDM is $3300

Our $3300 kit is the front and the back with the parking brake, I believe that the $2300 Stoptech kit is still just the fronts, no rear with parking brake. We also use a larger 14" diameter and 1.1" thick rotor than the stoptech kit. We have a little BBK that is being worked on also that will be a little less expensive and be available as just the fronts or all 3 wheels. We also thought about just putting up these rotors as an option for our kit, since they will work -

Full Carbon-Ceramic rotors from Wilwood, price per rotor is only $2338 ;)

I will also check back with Zach, when we were looking into the brake pads early on, we came across a couple rotors that were a little closer than those Miata ones and had several of our suppliers looking for us and could not come up with anything that was an exact match. I will see if he has the part numbers for some of the others that were close.

• Our $3300 kit is the front and the back with the parking brake, I believe that the $2300 Stoptech kit is still just the fronts, no rear with parking brake. We also use a larger 14" diameter and 1.1" thick rotor than the stoptech kit. We have a little BBK that is being worked on also that will be a little less expensive and be available as just the fronts or all 3 wheels. We also thought about just putting up these rotors as an option for our kit, since they will work -

Full Carbon-Ceramic rotors from Wilwood, price per rotor is only $2338 ;)

I will also check back with Zach, when we were looking into the brake pads early on, we came across a couple rotors that were a little closer than those Miata ones and had several of our suppliers looking for us and could not come up with anything that was an exact match. I will see if he has the part numbers for some of the others that were close.

wow.... $7000 for all three corners. Now that's a real deal there. Love the humor @Dave@DDMWorks.
    You and I both know that somewhere out there is a person justifying that cost.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Probably not, except for a couple of us that are familiar with them, they do have a distinctive look to them though.

I have one of the front rotors from the Delta Wing when it ran at the 24 hrs of LeMans mounted on my home office wall. Makes for good art.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Our $3300 kit is the front and the back with the parking brake, I believe that the $2300 Stoptech kit is still just the fronts, no rear with parking brake. We also use a larger 14" diameter and 1.1" thick rotor than the stoptech kit. We have a little BBK that is being worked on also that will be a little less expensive and be available as just the fronts or all 3 wheels.

This is very interesting, I was going to pick up the Alpha 4piston kit at a @MiM approved price but if you guys are bringing a new kit at a lower price I might go with it instead since it would be a little easier getting parts from you if I were to need them.

@Dave@DDMWorks any timeline as to when details will be known (April/May or further down the road ?)

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.