"I'm leaving mine bone stock!"

• What was your mod lie? 33

1. "I'm leaving mine bone stock!" (and then modified it) (8) 24%
    2. "I'm just doing the turbo/supercharger/stereo/fill-in-the-blank and nothing else!" (and now have multiple mods) (2) 6%
    3. "I don't do mods, never have." (and then modified it) (3) 9%
    4. "It's perfect just the way it is." (and then modified it) (5) 15%
    5. "I'm going to drive it a couple of months and then decide." (and modded it within days) (4) 12%
    6. "I'm only going to do a couple mods for safety/comfort/performance/fill-in-the-blank on a single category." (multiple mods later...) (5) 15%
    7. "The only mods I'll do are free ones! (And your kid's college fund is gone) (0) 0%
    8. None of these are true, I knew before I bought it that I would probably mod the machine. (15) 45%

Ok, there's been a few conversations lately about who's doing what mods, or who has done mods, or should I do mods, or...

And it made me remember something that at least one person has said on this forum:

"I'm going to leave mine stock!"

:00008172:

What a bunch of rubes.

Anyway, it made me wonder...how many and which of us have said which of these lines? (Vote more than once as desired)

• Hey, hey, hey!

The best mod is NO MOD.

Where is the option for my mods were FREE - other than gas and tires.

My ride is certainly not perfect as delivered from the factory, but most mods are just putting lipstick on a Raggedy Anne doll. Examples include, boosting, but not showing up for track day (ahem - you know who you are...). Installing a top, but not riding in the heat or rain. Pimping, when you are already married (he starts with a V...).

• Well, ours may not be "bone stock", but it is pretty close!

Muffler and exhaust manifold heat shields, (2015's came without them and they do help significantly)
    Madstad windscreen, (original windshield did buffet quite a bit)
    MeanSling hood assist, (Good purchase)
    Original Paramount Plastics rear fender, (It does help "finish" the back, which is nice, but what we installed it for was to keep the black plastic of the rear cleaner, unfortunately it does nothing for that, but it did help "finish" the back!)

Presently there is nothing more on the wish list.

Bill

• I voted on two, "bone stock" and "don't mod, never have". Yeah, that mod bug bites and then burrows in deep. Almost all of us, even the mod bear himself ( rabtech),have uttered the "this is the last one, then I'm done" lie to the forum(s) and ourselves. It would take a while to count the mods, re-mods and second Sling reset button mods.

• The really sad truth about your response is.....IT TOOK YOU OVER 4 HOURS
    to come up with that reply!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    (Do you know where your kids are??) :00008172::00008172::00008356::00008356:

The really sad truth about your response is.....IT TOOK YOU OVER 4 HOURS
    to come up with that reply!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    (Do you know where your kids are??) :00008172::00008172::00008356::00008356:

I didn’t have a clue and I wasn’t going there either!

• Dropped an old 327 I had laying around in mine.............Now the angle drive split open do you think Polaris will cover that I only have 25 miles on it :whistling::whistling::whistling:

:SILVERSS::POKESS::00000022::evil::00000021:
    Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises

• well, I have had my Sling for just under a year and it is still about as "bone stock" as you are likely to find on this forum. new carbon fiber shifter and a license plate mount are the only things

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think @TheRock said he “HEARD” I said I would keep mines stock back in the summer of 2015 .... but since my BTI (Brain Trauma ;( Injuries). I just can’t remember :P:huh:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.