Aux. Connection on Ride Command

• I have downloaded music from my lap top to a thumb drive. Should I be able to connect it to the usb connector inside the glove box and play music from it?

Yeah, I know I'm technically challenged! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• You too fancy! Not many with ride command...

@SlingRider? @SaltyClownNY? Maybe not installed yet salty, but I'm sure you've read up on everything ride command for your retrofit... :thumbup:

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know what you do when you exhaust all other possibilities. That's right, you read the directions! LOL Well, not really. What I did do was to go to the glove compartment and retrieve the owners manual in hopes that it might tell me something. What I can now tell everyone is that the owners manual is about as useless as tits on a boar hog! But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to their credit in the same plastic bag with the manual and all the other paperwork there was a little tiny bag that had two thumb drives in it, each in their own little bag. I took one of those out and stuck it into the lap top to see what could be on it (hoping again for some information about the ride command). Guess what,,,,,,,,,,,,,it didn't have anything on it, it was completely empty! Well being the curious type that I am I decided to load the same batch of music onto it that I had tried on my 64GB thumb drive. When it was done I took it out to the sling and plugged it in. BOOM! It worked!!!! So what was the difference. I took it back to the lap top and clicked on the "get info" tab and determined that it was exactly the same format as the other one but it was only 8GB. So what I have deducted from all this is the ride command will not play from a 64GB USB but will work fine with an 8GB. LOL It is kinda nuts because when you put the 64GB in there it recognizes it, shows the info, name etc and even displays all the controls but it will not play. Hmmm, dadgum new fangled gadgets!! :00000021:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• What........ the............

You get the rest.

I had not tried the thumb drive and I Bluetoothed my phone and played from there. Dagnabit

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know what you do when you exhaust all other possibilities. That's right, you read the directions! LOL Well, not really. What I did do was to go to the glove compartment and retrieve the owners manual in hopes that it might tell me something. What I can now tell everyone is that the owners manual is about as useless as tits on a boar hog! But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to their credit in the same plastic bag with the manual and all the other paperwork there was a little tiny bag that had two thumb drives in it, each in their own little bag. I took one of those out and stuck it into the lap top to see what could be on it (hoping again for some information about the ride command). Guess what,,,,,,,,,,,,,it didn't have anything on it, it was completely empty! Well being the curious type that I am I decided to load the same batch of music onto it that I had tried on my 64GB thumb drive. When it was done I took it out to the sling and plugged it in. BOOM! It worked!!!! So what was the difference. I took it back to the lap top and clicked on the "get info" tab and determined that it was exactly the same format as the other one but it was only 8GB. So what I have deducted from all this is the ride command will not play from a 64GB USB but will work fine with an 8GB. LOL It is kinda nuts because when you put the 64GB in there it recognizes it, shows the info, name etc and even displays all the controls but it will not play. Hmmm, dadgum new fangled gadgets!! :00000021:

And in the mechanics manual, it says those USB drives are for updating the software in the ride command. Mind you, ordering the "ride command system" doesn't provide you an amplifier, nor does it give you those USB drive... (OR F#$@@ tire pressure), but there is one USB for updating the firmware from their web site and one for maps when it comes with nav.

O', and I love where it says I can adjust "fade". Really? Is that from Left and Right or from front to front? I'm confused...

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates