My reply to the slingshot haters on one of the Indian forums

• This thread is exactly why I don't often ride with others. Lots of opinions with little or no facts and ya bunch of rat bastards are probably in better shape then me too, Grrrrrrrrr. Trikes of any sort are kind of like sleep number beds... You either love em or hate em, ain't much room in between. If I end up going with a slingshot it won't be because I need another toy, it will be because it's the last ride my body might be able to handle better than 2 wheels. But should I run this route don't worry as I'll still wave to you rat bastards as I meet you on the road. If the slingshot is best for me I'll be smiling when I do it too.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Probably need to get a ride from someone in the Katy, Tx area to see if the slingshot has the comfort level I need before I sell my Chieftain. Be more than happy to pay for the gas.

• This thread is exactly why I don't often ride with others. Lots of opinions with little or no facts and ya bunch of rat bastards are probably in better shape then me too, Grrrrrrrrr. Trikes of any sort are kind of like sleep number beds... You either love em or hate em, ain't much room in between. If I end up going with a slingshot it won't be because I need another toy, it will be because it's the last ride my body might be able to handle better than 2 wheels. But should I run this route don't worry as I'll still wave to you rat bastards as I meet you on the road. If the slingshot is best for me I'll be smiling when I do it too.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Probably need to get a ride from someone in the Katy, Tx area to see if the slingshot has the comfort level I need before I sell my Chieftain. Be more than happy to pay for the gas.

Most of the time, I prefer to ride by myself at my pace and my route.
    My Slingshot may not be a good candidate for an intro ride as a turbo will spoil the ride if you don't go turbo. :D
    Pm me if you want to try riding in my Slingshot and maybe a short drive session for you.

• Nice response.

Pretty much any dealer should let you test drive. And if you bring your checkbook with you on the test drive, it'll be that much easier....

Oh, and there are a lot of guys here who went to the Sling when they were no longer able or comfortable to be on the bike anymore. Absolutely legit perspective.

• Nice response.

Oh, and there are a lot of guys here who went to the Sling when they were no longer able or comfortable to be on the bike anymore. Absolutely legit perspective.

So true. My Goldwing is going to a new owner next week. New to me SS next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Just to make myself clear to everyone my post was not a those guys suck post although it could of been taken that way. Sometimes I write things a little crazy. We actually need those people as some of them can be a very good source for low mileage and great condition slings. Sometimes it's nice to flip people off with a smile on your face.

• Nice response.

Pretty much any dealer should let you test drive. And if you bring your checkbook with you on the test drive, it'll be that much easier....

I have done a demo ride but rides for 15 minutes in heavy traffic along a freeway didn't give me much of a feel for the fun part of slinging. I actually need a 1 to 2 hour ride to see if the right side of my ass can handle the seat OK.

• AS my forum name states I used to ride but cant anymore due to an accident that fubared my right shoulder and made it extremely painful to ride a vehicle with handlebars. Was the best alternative for me and absolutely love it.

• Most of the time, I prefer to ride by myself at my pace and my route.My Slingshot may not be a good candidate for an intro ride as a turbo will spoil the ride if you don't go turbo. :D
    Pm me if you want to try riding in my Slingshot and maybe a short drive session for you.

I'm the same way, easy cruising. I have a ride I do on my bike from Brookshire to Santa Fe state park that has lots of curves on it. Ride it both ways and you have about an hours worth of twisties. That would be a really good test ride.

• Most of the time, I prefer to ride by myself at my pace and my route.My Slingshot may not be a good candidate for an intro ride as a turbo will spoil the ride if you don't go turbo. :D

You can say that again. I had test rode a couple slings myself and 10min in @rabtech 's ride cost me just over $10k. jes sayin ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and that was in addition to the cost of a brand new SS.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I'm the same way, easy cruising. I have a ride I do on my bike from Brookshire to Santa Fe state park that has lots of curves on it. Ride it both ways and you have about an hours worth of twisties. That would be a really good test ride.

Were you thinking of Stephen F. Austin State Park? I used to ride my SV650 from Spring, TX to Pattison just so I could ride FM 1458 (aka Racer Road) from Pattison to San Felipe and back. Haven't ridden that in a while. I'm retired and available for a ride just about any afternoon/evening or weekends after Noon (I like to stay up late). PM me if interested.

• I'm the same way, easy cruising. I have a ride I do on my bike from Brookshire to Santa Fe state park that has lots of curves on it. Ride it both ways and you have about an hours worth of twisties. That would be a really good test ride.

Take it from someone that had a Ducati Diavel and a KTM Superduke 1290 sitting in his garage right beside my new Slingshot... I sold both of my bikes because I found myself walking past both of them to take my Slingshot out instead.

Once you get a Slingshot be prepared to have more fun than you could ever imagine. You will find yourself giggling and smiling like a 2 year old with a new toy. And get ready to add more accessories to it than any Harley owner has ever added to their bike. And if you like POWER you will find everything from cold air kits to turbo and supercharger kits. We have people running from stock at 175hp to over 500hp.

• Were you thinking of Stephen F. Austin State Park? I used to ride my SV650 from Spring, TX to Pattison just so I could ride FM 1458 (aka Racer Road) from Pattison to San Felipe and back. Haven't ridden that in a while. I'm retired and available for a ride just about any afternoon/evening or weekends after Noon (I like to stay up late). PM me if interested.

Yeap that's the road. I am also retarded... Wait! I meant retired. Will PM sometime after tomorrow, gotta finish putting in landscaping timbers tomorrow.