My reply to the slingshot haters on one of the Indian forums

• As another person that went from a Bike to a Slingshot, it can not be stated enough that the difference in personal safety is worth the switch alone.

I've gone from being completely ignored on the road as a Bike, (and all the hazards that go with it), to watching people get into accidents in their cars because the Slingshot has them so distracted.

If you've rode for years, you understand, and you have a lot of Karma coming your way. Get in and enjoy the entertainment.

• @sssfjet If you can make it down to the Kerrville rally in April, you're more than welcome to tag along and even drive mine. Although not stock, it'll give you a feel for what the possibilities are.

Thanks for the offer, not sure if I can make the trip. I just made a 2000 mile trip up north and my butt hurt all the way up and back. Maybe it was the truck seat. Have to take a long drive in the wife's car and see if things are better in it.

• This thread is exactly why I don't often ride with others. Lots of opinions with little or no facts and ya bunch of rat bastards are probably in better shape then me too, Grrrrrrrrr. Trikes of any sort are kind of like sleep number beds... You either love em or hate em, ain't much room in between. If I end up going with a slingshot it won't be because I need another toy, it will be because it's the last ride my body might be able to handle better than 2 wheels. But should I run this route don't worry as I'll still wave to you rat bastards as I meet you on the road. If the slingshot is best for me I'll be smiling when I do it too.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Probably need to get a ride from someone in the Katy, Tx area to see if the slingshot has the comfort level I need before I sell my Chieftain. Be more than happy to pay for the gas.

I feel ya! I used to not wave to the three wheeled vehicles as only bikes in my "unenlightened" days I hate to say.
    Then down the road my wife and I just couldn't put down the miles we used to on the scoot so on a whim I started to
    look at the SS. Did some youtube looksee's and then on to cycle trader then .... lets go see this one - bought it that day!
    Then we road the wheels of the SS at first but the bike was sulking in the garage so we started to slip in a few two wheel days here and there. Long story short - the bike has a firm stable in my garage - can't give her up - love it to much. Been riding 44 years. The SS is TOTALLY different - one is not a sub for the other. The sling is now taking us soon on a 2K 8 day trip that we would not have done on the bike. So this is the deal - If you are in the wind - you're in!

When I first started working in the oil patch in Louisiana, I would drive down the road and people would wave as you went by. At first I snapped my neck around and did a double take as " do I know that person"? Turns out - they were just being friendly - What a concept! We should all practice this more - my new "enlightened" self is working hard on it! :)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Hey! I live not to far from Katy as well, just north in Cypress. My Slingshot is actually sitting in a shop near Katy Mills Mall getting some upgrades now, or I'd stop by and take you for a ride. Tons of fun! We have at least a few other in the Katy area as well. This video right here was mostly shot in Katy, at Katy Mills Mall, LaCenterra Cinco Ranch, and Westgreen and I-10. Houston has one of the best rider groups in the country, extremely diverse group. As Danna said, try to hook up with us during the weekend of March 30th.... Meet us on Saturday at Mancuso Gulf Freeway for the cookout, and we cruise to Galveston afterwards. You can have my passenger seat, unless some random hot chick steals it before you... what a hassle... :)

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• Hey! I live not to far from Katy as well, just north in Cypress. My Slingshot is actually sitting in a shop near Katy Mills Mall getting some upgrades now, or I'd stop by and take you for a ride. Tons of fun! We have at least a few other in the Katy area as well. This video right here was mostly shot in Katy, at Katy Mills Mall, LaCenterra Cinco Ranch, and Westgreen and I-10. Houston has one of the best rider groups in the country, extremely diverse group. As Danna said, try to hook up with us during the weekend of March 30th.... Meet us on Saturday at Mancuso Gulf Freeway for the cookout, and we cruise to Galveston afterwards. You can have my passenger seat, unless some random hot chick steals it before you... what a hassle... :)

I know where your slings hiding out, may have to go over there and have a look at it. They recently put an alarm system on my 1993 Chevy 4x4. Cypress is where I go do my shooting (Hotwells). I got myself in trouble today so won't be needing to sit in someones pass seat. Oh shut my mouth I almost gave it away.

• I know where your slings hiding out, may have to go over there and have a look at it. They recently put an alarm system on my 1993 Chevy 4x4. Cypress is where I go do my shooting (Hotwells). I got myself in trouble today so won't be needing to sit in someones pass seat. Oh shut my mouth I almost gave it away.

Hmmmmmmmm! Congratulations perhaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk