• is it worth it to get a cat delete pipe? Other than sounding a bit better would there actually be any noticeable difference in performance? It seems very over priced for what it is especially considering the fact I could get a DDM works CAI for about the same money.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have my CAT on the bench as we speak. I got the 1320 off Ebay, they had a buy it now or make offer. Can't exactly remember, but I gave around $125 shipped on the offer that they accepted. Springs are a pain, didn't get it back together yet. Likely won't have it out for a test drive for awhile as we've gotten snow and wintry mix again and the salt is back on the roads.

• If with a top and a taller windshield you can get fumes into the cab. I just recently did the delete and added a plus 5 F4. I will be going back the the stick W/S.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I got one last fall from 1320 via ebay. Installed couple weeks ago.

My wife and butt dyno says it was worth it. Rear spins easier. Not sure about mpg, right foot seems heavier now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

not sure I need the rear to spin easier. but I would love better MPG :)

I have my CAT on the bench as we speak. I got the 1320 off Ebay, they had a buy it now or make offer. Can't exactly remember, but I gave around $125 shipped on the offer that they accepted. Springs are a pain, didn't get it back together yet. Likely won't have it out for a test drive for awhile as we've gotten snow and wintry mix again and the salt is back on the roads.

if I found it for $125 this post would not have been made. best I have seen $175 and at slingmods its 199

If with a top and a taller windshield you can get fumes into the cab. I just recently did the delete and added a plus 5 F4. I will be going back the the stick W/S.

stock windshield and no top - dont think I will ever get a top, but if I do it will be yours :)

• I didn't have a lot of issues with fumes with the 2.5 welter stealth and the tall windscreen. Then I did away with the 90* pipe that turned it out to the side and replaced it with about a 30* pipe that put it out beside the wheel. That combo worked fine until I put the top on. Then I had plenty exhaust in the cockpit! I installed a wind restrictor on the front side of the hoops. That helped some but there was still too much noise and fumes. I have since re-installed the 90* pipe and now the noise and fumes are acceptable again. Now if I could just get busy and install some sun visors to stop the whistling all would be great.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I already have this cat delete, but I was asking about the auto exhaust type

• is it worth it to get a cat delete pipe? Other than sounding a bit better would there actually be any noticeable difference in performance? It seems very over priced for what it is especially considering the fact I could get a DDM works CAI for about the same money.

Hi @edwardaneal a cat delete combo with a performance exhaust and a tune is absolutely the most performance gain available on a normally aspirated 2.4 Many reputable shops AND EXPERIENCED BUILDERS, have verified this on dyno runs time and time again, A header and a CAI are great for the egos, as they look amazing under the hood, but the stock Gm exhaust manifold is one of the best designed exhaust manifolds on any stock engine and provides no noticeable restriction whatsoever when dealing with the normally aspirated gas flows, and same goes true for the Polaris intake. they provide adequate flow for the volumetrically limited flows a normally aspirated 2.4 can injest and exhaust. But dont take my word for it ! Read the many great posts on this exact same claim by some of the Industries most experienced 2.4 builders such as Dave at DDMWorks.

• Hi @edwardaneal a cat delete combo with a performance exhaust and a tune is absolutely the most performance gain available on a normally aspirated 2.4 Many reputable shops AND EXPERIENCED BUILDERS, have verified this on dyno runs time and time again, A header and a CAI are great for the egos, as they look amazing under the hood, but the stock Gm exhaust manifold is one of the best designed exhaust manifolds on any stock engine and provides no noticeable restriction whatsoever when dealing with the normally aspirated gas flows, and same goes true for the Polaris intake. they provide adequate flow for the volumetrically limited flows a normally aspirated 2.4 can injest and exhaust. But dont take my word for it ! Read the many great posts on this exact same claim by some of the Industries most experienced 2.4 builders such as Dave at DDMWorks.

Thanks Kev :thumbsup:

• best price I have found is here ZZ performance

• I looked at my eBay. I offered $135 for one like this from the same seller, and paid the $15 shipping. So it was $150. This is the 1320, and it's a buy it now or best offer. I offered $150 shipped I believe, and that's how the sale broke down on eBay.

1320 Performance Polaris Slingshot testpipe cat delete test pipe | eBay

thanks for the link and the information.

• Hi @edwardaneal a cat delete combo with a performance exhaust and a tune is absolutely the most performance gain available on a normally aspirated 2.4 Many reputable shops AND EXPERIENCED BUILDERS, have verified this on dyno runs time and time again, A header and a CAI are great for the egos, as they look amazing under the hood, but the stock Gm exhaust manifold is one of the best designed exhaust manifolds on any stock engine and provides no noticeable restriction whatsoever when dealing with the normally aspirated gas flows, and same goes true for the Polaris intake. they provide adequate flow for the volumetrically limited flows a normally aspirated 2.4 can injest and exhaust. But dont take my word for it ! Read the many great posts on this exact same claim by some of the Industries most experienced 2.4 builders such as Dave at DDMWorks.

Thanks @kev

• I just picked one up for S140 shipped.

I have a 1320 exhaust and did it more for the heat than performance. It noticeably does both.

I have decided that I want to go more the stereo route and want to quiet it down but keep the heat down.

I already have the manifold cover and picked up a factory heat shield.