One Sexy Rear End

• I don't post much but I enjoy reading all the threads. Over black Friday I picked up a new 2017 that the dealership supercharged on the showroom floor but could never sell at the price they were asking. After a year on the show room they were ready to make a deal. This makes my 3rd SS and I have to say Polaris did make improvements on the steering, brakes and rear end noise. I traded in a supercharged SS so I didn't gain or lose anything in that aspect. After three 3 SS's there is not really much new stuff you can add that you have not done a couple times already. I liked the look of Underground Autostyling fin but wanted to change it up to be a little different. I really like the way it turned out.

• I don't post much but I enjoy reading all the threads. Over black Friday I picked up a new 2017 that the dealership supercharged on the showroom floor but could never sell at the price they were asking. After a year on the show room they were ready to make a deal. This makes my 3rd SS and I have to say Polaris did make improvements on the steering, brakes and rear end noise. I traded in a supercharged SS so I didn't gain or lose anything in that aspect. After three 3 SS's there is not really much new stuff you can add that you have not done a couple times already. I liked the look of Underground Autostyling fin but wanted to change it up to be a little different. I really like the way it turned out.

what tire are you running?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thanks, wanted something different and cutting the fin into two pieces seemed to work out nice.

To be clear, the "fin" that you cut into 2 pieces is the orange spoiler directly on top of the tail lights? (Not the wing.) I really like that and I haven't seen it before.

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• Just so everyone knows; I have been known to comment on rear ends being sexy before. But never to a guy or something that's orange! But... this is the first one, that is one fine looking backside you have on that Slingshot there Tim!

Dang, that about hurt me to type... :00008356::00008172:

• Just so everyone knows; I have been known to comment on rear ends being sexy before. But never to a guy or something that's orange! But... this is the first one, that is one fine looking backside you have on that Slingshot there Tim!

My name is "Tim" also. You wanna see my back side???????? :D

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• To be clear, the "fin" that you cut into 2 pieces is the orange spoiler directly on top of the tail lights? (Not the wing.) I really like that and I haven't seen it before.

Yep, the Fin is directly on top of the brake lights. Underground Autostyling and Slingshotonly sells them but they only have a one piece. I wanted something different so I cut the middle section out and painted it.

Thank you, thank you. After spending way too much money over the last three years I needed to do something a little different. I bought the 2015 fast red one because I liked it and there were only two colors. Traded it on for a white one because my wife liked the white color. Then after 3 months the orange/black came out and I really liked it but could not justify buying it. Basically since the dealership could not sell it and the 18's were coming out I paid close to retail and they threw in the Supercharger for free. Not a bad deal and since they supercharged it they will warranty the motor.

• Thank you, thank you. After spending way too much money over the last three years I needed to do something a little different. I bought the 2015 fast red one because I liked it and there were only two colors. Traded it on for a white one because my wife liked the white color. Then after 3 months the orange/black came out and I really liked it but could not justify buying it. Basically since the dealership could not sell it and the 18's were coming out I paid close to retail and they threw in the Supercharger for free. Not a bad deal and since they supercharged it they will warranty the motor.

I think you did well with the buy myself! I bought ours May 22, 2016. The 2016.5 model hadn't been out that long, and this was one of the first that dealer got. I had looked at them for nearly a year..... BEFORE THEY WERE FOR SALE! A friend bought one in April of 2015, and I was asking him all kinds of questions so he just brought it over and threw us the keys. We had other pressing issues at the time, and was a year before I went to the dealership to check to see what I could actually buy one for. That was my mistake, as I only went to one dealership, and I hadn't joined this site yet. I got mine, with Corbin bags, and paid about $1100 under retail for everything. I know better now, and next time around I will do better. But honestly, we have had so much fun with it and met so many new friends..... it has turned out to be a bargain at the price I paid! Hard to put a price on good times and newly found lifetime friends....