Schaeffer’s Lubricants

• Engine Oil Lubricant Discussion Thread

Why did I post under the crapper?

THANKS ....but as previously stated

Schaeffer’s Lubricants

Schaeffer’s Lubricants“I know we have a huge thread covering different lubricants but I am lazy and didn’t want to read thru the whole thing.”

DID YOU SOMEHOW MISS THE “LAZY” QUALIFIER ???? :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I know we have a huge thread covering different lubricants but I am lazy and didn’t want to read thru the whole thing. We had our annual BBQ this weekend and a distributor of this Schaeffer Lubricants stuff was at my house. According to him (consider him a salesman) this is the best stuff since sliced bread - says it exceeds Mobil 1, Royal Purple, all the top brands. I’ve never even heard of it but did read some on their website schaefferoil.com Have you guys had any experience with this stuff - is it good or did my guest just beat me outta some good BBQ Gator tail. :00008172:

I agree that it's the best. In my younger years, that's all I ever used. It got me in trouble may times though

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• http://www.schaefferoil.com/7000-race-oil.html

To make a small attempt to get back on track the above link is the oil that the Rep recommended for me to use since I have a SC. Somebody that knows a lot more than me is gonna have to greenlight it before I move away from my beloved Mobile One @Slingrazor - forgot to mention you earlier when trying to get the mechanical gurus to post.....

• http://www.schaefferoil.com/7000-race-oil.html

To make a small attempt to get back on track the above link is the oil that the Rep recommended for me to use since I have a SC. Somebody that knows a lot more than me is gonna have to greenlight it before I move away from my beloved Mobile One @Slingrazor - forgot to mention you earlier when trying to get the mechanical gurus to post.....

I can look into.
    FYI
    This could be similar to some discussions tgat have happened in the past concerning Amsoil.
    While researching the product for use in my Victory I ran into a lot of opinions that range from, it's to slick and it will not allow the bearing to roll, if you use it the warranty will be voided, to its the best thing to ever happen.
    What I learned was that Amsoil makes a great product that can work to well. With a lot of vehicles the oil temperature is used to adjust the fuel (think choke). Amsoil's ability to provide excellent lubrication ment the engine ran cooler. With the Victory the fuel govenerner did not change the cold start map until the oil temp was above 110 degrees. If you lived in a moderate temp envirnment that ment durring the cooler months your bike ran like the choke was on most of the time because the oil temperature would stay around 100. If you lived in the hotter areas then your oil would warm up and operate on the normal map.
    With a good oil cooler on your sling there could be an issue in cooler weather (below 70 deg) where your engine can't get up to 180 degrees. In the south it would be good to have a better cooling oil in the summer. In the north you would probably not want it for normal driving.
    Just my thoughts from what I learned.

• 116. 5W30 Schaeffer’s Supreme 9000, API SN, synthetic = 84,118 psi
    zinc = TBD
    phos = TBD
    moly = TBD

188. 5W30 Schaeffer Supreme 7000 Synthetic Plus, API SN = 66,099 psi
    zinc = TBD
    phos = TBD
    moly = TBD
    This oil was tested Fall 2015

2. 0W20 Amsoil Signature Series, synthetic = 134,840 psi
    The bottle does not have an API symbol, but it claims the oil can be used in applications that require API SN, GM dexos 1, ACEA A1/B1. It also claims to provide 75% better wear protection than required by the API SN specification. And it claims 50% more cleaning power than Amsoil OE motor oil.
    zinc = TBD
    phos = TBD
    moly = TBD

7. 5W30 Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife Technology, API SN, GM dexos 1 approved (silver bottle) = 123,470 psi
    Valvoline had a chart on their Website showing that this is their best oil for fuel economy and Horsepower. They also said this oil provided more anti-wear film strength than 5W30 Mobil 1, which is what I also found in my testing.
    High Mileage oils are formulated for older engines with over 75,000 miles on them. And High Mileage oils include “Seal Swell” chemicals to help reduce oil leakage in those older engines.
    zinc = TBD
    phos = TBD
    moly = TBD

11. 5W30 Mobil 1, Advanced Full Synthetic, API SN, GM dexos 1 approved = 117,799 psi
    zinc = TBD
    phos = TBD
    moly = TBD

• So for us mechanically challenged - what does that tell me ???

• So for us mechanically challenged - what does that tell me ???

Tells you the same thing his posts have told you all along. I know how to hit the search button and post data without any meaningful information to help others. Ignore him so those who have him blocked don't have to see his posts councillor.

• Tells you the same thing his posts have told you all along. I know how to hit the search button and post data without any meaningful information to help others. Ignore him so those who have him blocked don't have to see his posts councillor.

Thanks @Slingrazor HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS? IF NO ONE RESPONDS TO "IT" MAYBE "IT" WILL GO AWAY. Also quit quoting "IT"