Schaeffer’s Lubricants

• I know we have a huge thread covering different lubricants but I am lazy and didn’t want to read thru the whole thing. We had our annual BBQ this weekend and a distributor of this Schaeffer Lubricants stuff was at my house. According to him (consider him a salesman) this is the best stuff since sliced bread - says it exceeds Mobil 1, Royal Purple, all the top brands. I’ve never even heard of it but did read some on their website schaefferoil.com Have you guys had any experience with this stuff - is it good or did my guest just beat me outta some good BBQ Gator tail. :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited once, last by Bill Martin ().

• I have read many oil threads on many different forums and that brand has never even been mentioned.

But I hadn't heard about Nanoskin products until a week ago and after using them this weekend I won't use anything else.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Before I retired I was district manager for a regional petroleum company with a network of commercial automated fueling sites. When Ultra-low sulfur diesel was mandated, the engine manufacturers were up in arms since it is what lubricates the fuel system, and replacing injectors in a Cat engine for example can run into the thousands. The company looked at several additive suppliers and chose Schaeffer. They made a custom blend for us that surpassed any existing brand in lubricity tests. Google 'wear scar indicator test' for this. Had a great factory rep who used to go on sales call with us to help land major fleet accounts. Top notch company.

• Thanks for pointing out my misspelling @Tripod - fixed it. You had any experience with it ??? ....I just went and read reviews on Amazon and the one thing that stands out is what the Schaeffer Rep said was substantially lower oil temperatures. This stuff is really getting my attention - sure would like to hear from some of you mechanical guru’s what you think .... @rabtech@MACAWS. @Dave@DDMWorks what say you ????

• Nope, Bill. Like any other oil manufacturer: “Ours is the best!”

LOL !! That’s kinda what I thought when he was givin me his pitch but he started talking about what @Andy Hatch mentioned “wear scar indicator test” saying his lubricants have been proven to smooth out rough engines and allow engine to last much longer and on and on. I always figured Mobil 1 was the best and never considered anything else ....till now ;(

• There is one manufacturer of oil, Castrol, that has these totally ridiculous commercials that just make me shake my head. You see, their oil has “intelligent molecules”.... WHAT?!?! Seriously?!
    WTF?!?!?!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• What the hell is nanoskin

they are a manufacture of auto detailing supplies - I use their "autoscrub"

Nanoskin USA

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• There is one manufacturer of oil, Castrol, that has these totally ridiculous commercials that just make me shake my head. You see, their oil has “intelligent molecules”.... WHAT?!?! Seriously?!
    WTF?!?!?!

Is that the same thing as this
    :00008172:

• considering how far off topic this has gotten should we talk about what we think of the Oscars?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies