New billet angle drive rearend in the works

• Any updates on this?

There has been a surge of angle drives exploding lately with more on the verge of doing as well and given the fact that there's got to be a great deal of people without warranty(I know of 3 and they all need new drives) I would assume this might be a hot item soon since if I HAD to pay for it out of pocket then I would want it to be one that works better than the POS it replaces.

I agree. Mine has been noisy from the start. I know, most of them are. It may last for the life of the Sling, or it may fail next time out. I'm more concerned on a "trip failure". Sometimes I'm 10-12 hours drive from home, could be even more. I pretty well trust the SS other than the angle drive and the swing arm bearings. I've not had issues with either, but there are plenty of people that have.

But make no mistake. If Jamie is building this out of billet, it will be way more expensive than a stock replacement. I had considered going a different route, better gear set up, better bearings, and a reinforced Angle drive housing. A sand cast angle drive (reinforced with the correct structural ribbing) should be able to handle 700 HP without problems if made out of the correct alloy. We currently make housings for electric drive vehicles that have up to 600 Ft lbs of torque instantly off idle. And if made right, it would only need the housing changed, basically a bolt in unit that uses the original cover. No reason to reinvent the wheel either, there are plenty of off the shelf items for the internals of the housing that would work fine.