Windshield

• @HLC45 have you found a windshield? I have a lightly used tinted F4+3 with center bracket and wind wings that could use a home. The price of a box and shipping could get it to you.

I went to a Madstad 9" blade because I wanted to look over the windshield. F4 has a shorter one also, but I wanted to try out the Madstad. Both are great.

• Their website is a freaking joke. Grammar alone would keep me from buying anything on that site. :D

I remember these clowns. HAHAHAHAHHA

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• @HLC45 have you found a windshield? I have a lightly used tinted F4+3 with center bracket and wind wings that could use a home. The price of a box and shipping could get it to you.

I went to a Madstad 9" blade because I wanted to look over the windshield. F4 has a shorter one also, but I wanted to try out the Madstad. Both are great.

@WOLF, if HLC45 doesn't take you up on your offer I would like to be considered if possible. Been looking but are so dang expensive. Thanks

What do you want for it. Might want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Also folks, if you determine that a wind screen is to tall rather than spending more money it is not much trouble to cut down. Make sure how high you want it, measure at least twice to be sure that is what you want. Tape it off with painters tape, mark it where you want to cut. I used the Dremel jam saw rather than the jig saw which has more vibration. Take your time so that you do not build up any heat and start melting the wind screen. You can cut with it installed which is easier with one person or remove from the SS and you may need someone to help hold it for you to cut. Sand down the cut line starting with about 80 grit and keep moving up to finer until you get to about 2000 grit, by then the edge will look like it is polished. Pull the tape off and clean and you are done. If you have the tools and the material it may take about one hour. I think I put this in the DIY also when I cut mine down to 1/8 of an inch above the center brace. So far I have cut three off.

• I've been muddling around the topic of these F4 shields for a while now, but I just can't tell...does anyone know how much higher than a stock Ripper the "standard" F4 shield sits, as installed? I'm not looking for linear height of the material, but rather how much higher into my field of vision it sits. I've yet to see a comparison, but if it's on here somewhere, please point me to it.

• @exharleyrider I have had the F4 5+ tinted since Apr 2015 ... love it. I like to look thru and not over so it's great for me. I've got almost 60,000 miles on it and still in great shape.

@EjFord, I like looking over the shield but having the air go over my head. (Wife says
    lots of stuff goes over my head). Right now my standard windshield puts the air stream right into my eyes, I figure a +3 would put the air over my head but I should still be able to look over the windshield. Just have to keep looking.

• Are your later windshields made from a different material than the first? Curious because mine does not shed rain.

• I've been muddling around the topic of these F4 shields for a while now, but I just can't tell...does anyone know how much higher than a stock Ripper the "standard" F4 shield sits, as installed? I'm not looking for linear height of the material, but rather how much higher into my field of vision it sits. I've yet to see a comparison, but if it's on here somewhere, please point me to it.

This is Don at F4 Customs Inc. I am 6' tall and 32" inseam and I look over our plus 3 and through the plus 5. Both I can ride with a ball cap on my head and not have an issue. We would be glad to send you photos or measurements from the dash up if that helps. Give me a call next week and we can chat about what is best for you. 330-968-4644
    Don Frank

• Queen of the Road as to the rain shedding. Take white vinegar and paper towels and clean the shield really good front and back. This will take all of the residue and road grime off along with any build up from cleaners and it will shed rain really well. If you still want better rain shedding you can use any Rain X product on it as our shields are chemically sealed and this will not harm them at all. Give me a call if we can help. 330-968-4644
    Don Frank