not "what do you carry" but how do you carry?

• I am curious if any of you who do not have conceal carry permits have transported firearms in your Slingshot. If you have I would like to know what steps you did to secure them in a way that is legal. In addition I am specifically interested in how you have carried long guns in the Sling.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am curious if any of you who do not have conceal carry permits have transported firearms in your Slingshot. If you have I would like to know what steps you did to secure them in a way that is legal. In addition I am specifically interested in how you have carried long guns in the Sling.

Most of the time I carry on my person, but occasionally I unclip the holster and push the whole thing between the seat and the transmission tunnel and just let the pressure hold it.

@Tripod has some pics of a holster setup next to the steering column, I believe.

• State laws vary big time from one to the other.

For instance, in Alabama there is no law against carrying a loaded long gun in you vehicle within reach of the driver and or others in the vehicle.

Also in Alabama there is no law against open carrying without a permit a hand gun any where except the normal places like inside a police station etc.

Also in Alabama there is no law against carrying a handgun into a school or onto school grounds as long as you have a permit and do not have ill intentions.

Also in Alabama if you are riding ANY type of personal transportation land or sea (motorcycle, horse, lawn mower, boat) you must have a CC permit to carry a handgun.

If you are open carrying a hand gun and you put on a coat or other garment that covers the weapon you are now in violation unless you have a CC permit.

I always try to carry on my person in any vehicle and so far I have not carried a long gun in the SS but I'm sure when I do I will place it in the passenger side barrel down and as close to the console as possible.

The absolute most important way to carry is responsibly. CARRY ONe!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Some over on TDS (and maybe now here) posted a pic of using a barrel insert that clipped to a slot under the front driver side dash. Recently, I've been getting email offers for magnetic pistol holders. I recently tried wearing an ankle holster, but even with a strap around my calf just below the knee, after a couple trips up/down the stairs, the holster seemed to be dropping lower than I'd like.

• Some over on TDS (and maybe now here) posted a pic of using a barrel insert that clipped to a slot under the front driver side dash. Recently, I've been getting email offers for magnetic pistol holders. I recently tried wearing an ankle holster, but even with a strap around my calf just below the knee, after a couple trips up/down the stairs, the holster seemed to be dropping lower than I'd like.

Some over on TDS (and maybe now here) posted a pic of using a barrel insert that clipped to a slot under the front driver side dash. Recently, I've been getting email offers for magnetic pistol holders. I recently tried wearing an ankle holster, but even with a strap around my calf just below the knee, after a couple trips up/down the stairs, the holster seemed to be dropping lower than I'd like.

I think that was @Tripod - Sneaky Pete

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Without a CCP your supposed to put a pistol in a locked case in the compartment behind the seat so there isn't easy access to it. A long gun should probably be in a bag or case. Finding your state regs on transporting firearms is pretty easy.

• Without a CCP your supposed to put a pistol in a locked case in the compartment behind the seat so there isn't easy access to it. A long gun should probably be in a bag or case. Finding your state regs on transporting firearms is pretty easy.

Not necessarily true, if your state allows Open Carry. Where I used to live in VA, it was very easy to carry, with or without a CHP.

Totally agree with the premise that you *have* to know the laws in your state, or those you are travelling through.

If you are going through multiple states, be sure to look up the federal code on interstate transfer. Called the Firearms Owners Protection Act.