• I got the 555 G2 but I got the 315 width. Fits great with the JRIs and I like the higher sidewall with the super charger. Allows for the flex I need. However, cost about 270 I believe after install and balance at Discount Tire.

• I will be getting a replacement rear tire in a short time. I have been planning on getting the Nitto NT555 G in the stock 20"" size. At roughly $140 it seems like a good choice considering what I have read here. Just now I became aware of the Yokohama S Drive it is about the same price so I thought I would ask here if anyone knows about this or any other tire for around $150 or less I should be considering? As you probably know I live in the desert so rain is a rare issue and snow or ice are never issues. The S Drive seemed worth considering so I thought I would ask

Thanks

Around here I still have to look for good wet traction numbers for when I get caught in the rain.

• My Sling is my daily driver and I havent had any issues in the few times it has rained even with the stock tire. I wouldnt mind better wet traction, but not at the cost of dry traction. Freezing, snow & ice are not issues here - ever

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you don't mind running an asymmetric tire on the rear (some folks don't like that, but I had no problems running an asymmetric Sumitomo on my Base Slingshot), you might want to consider the Nitto Motivo - Motivo All-Season Ultra High Performance Tire. It's rated one step lower than the 555 G2 for both Dry and Wet roads, but Nitto rates it at 10 of 10 for both Comfoirt and Quietness. It's also rated for longer tread-life than the 555 G2. DiscountTireDirect has the 255/35R20 for $142 ($24.25 for 3 yr extended road hazard/wear warranty).

• If you don't mind running an asymmetric tire on the rear (some folks don't like that, but I had no problems running an asymmetric Sumitomo on my Base Slingshot), you might want to consider the Nitto Motivo - Motivo All-Season Ultra High Performance Tire. It's rated one step lower than the 555 G2 for both Dry and Wet roads, but Nitto rates it at 10 of 10 for both Comfoirt and Quietness. It's also rated for longer tread-life than the 555 G2. DiscountTireDirect has the 255/35R20 for $142 ($24.25 for 3 yr extended road hazard/wear warranty).

I don't know - on the front I wouldn't mind asymmetric tires at all, but I think it looks kinda weird on the back - I also wonder if it would hold traction in a turn the same in both right and left turns. arent they designed to have one side out and the other in?

• @dangerdarrell is the Nitto 555 G2 315 you mention a 35R20" tire? Does it affect your nannys? I am getting ready to order a new one of some kind and I'm not sure what to order. I looked at the toyo T1R also but I believe it was a 305 25R20. My SS came with 305 30R20. I want all the dry traction I can get without going to a smaller tire or having to rob a bank.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I don't know - on the front I wouldn't mind asymmetric tires at all, but I think it looks kinda weird on the back - I also wonder if it would hold traction in a turn the same in both right and left turns. arent they designed to have one side out and the other in?

Technically, yes, but based on my experience running the Sumitomo w/o noticing any handling problems, I'm thinking about getting a Motivo if I don't like the tread-life I get from my current rear 555 G2 315/35R17, since both tires are available in that size.
    I just bought 2 Motivos to replace my stock front tires.

• Thank God we started YET ANOTHER tire thread.

;(:00008862:

I guess the other 87 tire threads just wouldn’t do...

(Sorry, it’s my OCD kicking in... :thumbsup: )

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• sorry, but i hadnt seen the S Drive mentioned in any of the others

• @dangerdarrell is the Nitto 555 G2 315 you mention a 35R20" tire? Does it affect your nannys? I am getting ready to order a new one of some kind and I'm not sure what to order. I looked at the toyo T1R also but I believe it was a 305 25R20. My SS came with 305 30R20. I want all the dry traction I can get without going to a smaller tire or having to rob a bank.

315/35/ZR20

I run the Movito now exclusively. It has the best handling so far as I have come across when driving in wet conditions.

And for some of the best tire advise..... Hydroplaning is real

We've beat this dead horse many times. Still for anyone new to the forums, this is an awesome thread to catch up on.

• Goodyear Eagle F1s. Love 'em. Fronts look new after 25k miles, back is tired and ready for replacement. Massive upgrade over stock. Can't compare to other 3rd party tires.

The Nittos are quite popular with the folks that I know (and know more than I do).

• Well I tried to delete this entire post because of its duplication of other threads, but it didnt work the way I had hoped - it only took away my OP and not the entire thread.

Anyway since I cant get rid of it I will restate my original question - I do not want to know about all tire options I was primarily asking about the Yokohama S Drive tires. looking on discount tires it seems to be a good option and about the same price to the Nitto NT555 G2 that is very popular among people here. Does anyone here have any experience with this tire and if you do please tell me the good and the bad. Also if have used both the S Drive and the 555 which do you think is better.

Thank you

And again please forgive "another tire thread"

• Well I tried to delete this entire post because of its duplication of other threads, but it didnt work the way I had hoped - it only took away my OP and not the entire thread.

And again please forgive "another tire thread"

LOL, everyone starts a thread as soon as they burn off that first tire, lol. It's a running joke. I started one as well, lol