Best place to tap to get RPM readings

• I tried the search feature w/o success and asked in my Built Thread w/o response, so I thought I"d start a thread.

What is the easiest way to tap into the engine rpm readings so I can correlate rpm with Boost and AFR values. I'm running an Innovate SCG-1 just as a Boost/AFR gauge.

• @BKL On the number one coil pack (the one closest to the radiator) there is a white with brown trace wire. Use it. You can follow it to a location right behind the head and tap it. Then set your multiplier accordingly to signal the gauge that it is 1 of 4 cylinders so it can multiply the signal.

And @MiM I noticed you forgot me.... :D

• Since you have the info you were looking for let me see if I can derail this thread.

For the folks that trailer their SS to SSITS, is it possible to park your truck and trailer in the fairground complex and just use your sling to commute to the hotel?

I would imagine that it wouldn't take long to fill up most hotel parking areas with a few trailers.

Asking for a friend. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• There is a large parking area next to the fairground for trailers.
    I think the Church parking lot down the road from the fairground may also be available but you have to be out Sunday morning.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Cross Creek RV has an area for parking trailers for those of us staying in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter