Metricks fender and Welter Dual Exhaust? Feedback wanted!!

• I'm trying to find out if a Metricks fender will fit with the Welter dual exhaust? It looks like it will from the pictures I've seen but I can't afford to make a purchase this large and not have it fit so please sound off if you know somebody that has this combo or if somebody tried and discovered it doesn't fit. Waiting on response from Metricks but thought I'd put it out there on the forum.

Thanks, Oldfogey aka Paul

• I'm trying to find out if a Metricks fender will fit with the Welter dual exhaust? It looks like it will from the pictures I've seen but I can't afford to make a purchase this large and not have it fit so please sound off if you know somebody that has this combo or if somebody tried and discovered it doesn't fit. Waiting on response from Metricks but thought I'd put it out there on the forum.

Thanks, Oldfogey aka Paul

I have the Welter Dual Exhaust and I just watched the Metrick's Fender install video. I am going to say no it will not fit. From what I am looking at it will not fit. If it would fit it would be real /real close almost touching.. But why would you not use the new Welter that exits just below the battery box. I know you like the Dual's looks better. I hope that helps.

• I have the Welter Dual Exhaust and I just watched the Metrick's Fender install video. I am going to say no it will not fit. From what I am looking at it will not fit. If it would fit it would be real /real close almost touching.. But why would you not use the new Welter that exits just below the battery box. I know you like the Dual's looks better. I hope that helps.

I already have the Welter installed and I'm not wanting to change that. If nobody has one installed I guess it won't fit. Have to wait and see if Metricks has an answer. Appreciate the feedback @FunCycle

• I'm running a large tire but the Metrick Hugger sits really close so I'm hoping. I'll check with @FunCycle. Thanks.

Where the pipe crosses in front of the tire. From the back plastic to the rear of the pipe is 4 inches. From the tire to the pipe is 1 1/2 inch. I hope that makes since to you. I see your last post so you are looking at the same thing that I am. Look at the install video on here (this forum) I like the Duals also

• Where the pipe crosses in front of the tire. From the back plastic to the rear of the pipe is 4 inches. From the tire to the pipe is 1 1/2 inch. I hope that makes since to you. I see your last post so you are looking at the same thing that I am. Look at the install video on here (this forum) I like the Duals also

I watched the install as well, after you mentioned that and now my only hope is that one of Metricks fenders will sit closer to the tire than the one they showed on the install. Some of their pictures show them sitting really close but not the one on the install. Although my rear is much wider the height of it is close to OEM so hopefully that will help. They sure look good and would really help back there.

• The Metrick's fender will definitely not fit with the exhaust that goes over the tire. Had the fender for years and I can assure you that it won't fit. I never put it back on after the warranty swing arm replacement because I had gone to a 315 tire. I see Doug a couple of times a month and I think the max size is 305 up to a 20" wheel for fender fit. He is almost done with a new one to fit up to a 345 tire and is taking the old one in trade. You won't find better craftsmanship or a nicer bunch of guys.

• The new polaris fender will work with the WP Duals. We will have them as well as the polaris slingshade in stock at all upcoming slingshot events this year. Call and speak with Angie to book an install. 573 225-1821

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• The Metrick's fender will definitely not fit with the exhaust that goes over the tire. Had the fender for years and I can assure you that it won't fit. I never put it back on after the warranty swing arm replacement because I had gone to a 315 tire. I see Doug a couple of times a month and I think the max size is 305 up to a 20" wheel for fender fit. He is almost done with a new one to fit up to a 345 tire and is taking the old one in trade. You won't find better craftsmanship or a nicer bunch of guys.

Thanks Andy, although it's not what I wanted to hear, it does save me a lot of money and a big headache!

• The new polaris fender will work with the WP Duals. We will have them as well as the polaris slingshade in stock at all upcoming slingshot events this year. Call and speak with Angie to book an install. 573 225-1821

Hi Jeff. I tried looking up pictures of the fender you're referring to but couldn't find it. Called and left a message for Angie to see if she can send pictures to my email or phone. I'm booked for Las Vegas and if it's wide enough and good looking, I'll be talking about an install. Thanks for giving me another option Jeff.

• Hi Jeff. I tried looking up pictures of the fender you're referring to but couldn't find it. Called and left a message for Angie to see if she can send pictures to my email or phone. I'm booked for Las Vegas and if it's wide enough and good looking, I'll be talking about an install. Thanks for giving me another option Jeff.

Here’s a link for a Polaris OEM aftermarket fender that fits 305 rear tires: (different colors available)

https://slingshot.polaris.com/…ers/2882368-520-df741db1/

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Here’s a link for a Polaris OEM aftermarket fender that fits 305 rear tires: (different colors available)
    https://slingshot.polaris.com/…ers/2882368-520-df741db1/

Thanks for the info and pictures Jeff. Unfortunately it isn't going to fit my sling as I have a 345 25 20 tire on it and Polaris made this for the 305. Looks like I'll be waiting for Metricks to come up with one that will fit with your exhaust. Thanks again Jeff and I'll see you in Las Vegas.

• So what is it about the Polaris that fits and Metricks won't? The fact that the Polaris has the back cut short (which half way defeats the purpose of the fender), and that allows the exhaust pipes to fit?

So what is it about the Polaris that fits and Metricks won't? The fact that the Polaris has the back cut short (which half way defeats the purpose of the fender), and that allows the exhaust pipes to fit?

You are right, the Metrick's goes almost down to the swing arm. The Polaris fender is so short I do not even believe it is functional and is just for looks.

• So what is it about the Polaris that fits and Metricks won't? The fact that the Polaris has the back cut short (which half way defeats the purpose of the fender), and that allows the exhaust pipes to fit?

They both fit if the sling doesn't have any modifications. I'm having a problem because I have Welter dual exhaust and I also have a 345 25 20 tire. The Polaris fender is made for a 305 and my exhaust is secured directly in front of the rear tire which eliminates the Metricks Hugger Fender. Its not the products, it's my modifications.

• They both fit if the sling doesn't have any modifications. I'm having a problem because I have Welter dual exhaust and I also have a 345 25 20 tire. The Polaris fender is made for a 305 and my exhaust is secured directly in front of the rear tire which eliminates the Metricks Hugger Fender. Its not the products, it's my modifications

Oh, I understand your situation... I was asking just as a general question, if all things were equal (tires), why the Polaris one works and the Metricks wouldn't... And it seems @FunCycle is with me in regards to the observation I was making...

Sometimes my questions are rhetorical... :POKESS:

Edit: plus the fender is likely the same flimsy plastic as the Slingshade... BUT... To each their own... It's not my money... :whistling:

• Well being that the majority of water/road spray When picked up by the tire leaves the tire as spray in the first quarter of the tire rotation after it leaves contact with the ground This design will do what A fender is designed to do in the fender that polaris has developed I guess they figured they could keep going all the way to the swingarm and contain the 5% more spray that may occur or they could stop the fender there which would leave room to share w the popular WP Dual. Just my two cents
    As long as they support me I plan to support them.