Check Engine code 65620.

• Yep. Not even angle drive gaskets. Mine has been in for 3 weeks now and still no parts. It took Polaris 5 days to approve the repair, then on the 14th said it would be 5 to 9 days for parts to ship. They don't count the day they told you and they don't count weekends, so 10 calendar days later I'm only 6 days into my wait. My dealer says they will be in Tuesday as they are not open Mondays. What gets me is that for an exorbitant shipping fee (my service writer said $30 for a set of spark plugs) they will expedite so it is possible for them to ship faster, they just don't. I'm wondering if they take that long for paying customers. I understand the dealers not making an investment in parts.

I can understand that but come on...if your seeing angle drives leaking than have some gaskets on hand...if your seeing speed sensor failures than have some...brake sensors...rear bearings.... and I could go on...Im not saying carry every part but atleast the most common ones that you are seeing again and again. They dont go bad and you are sure to see the problem again so its not like lost stock.
    Just sayin!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I can understand that but come on...if your seeing angle drives leaking than have some gaskets on hand...if your seeing speed sensor failures than have some...brake sensors...rear bearings.... and I could go on...Im not saying carry every part but atleast the most common ones that you are seeing again and again. They dont go bad and you are sure to see the problem again so its not like lost stock.Just sayin!

SSREAPER

Valid point! I plan on asking how many of these they have seen and repaired. Won't change my timeline though.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My father-in-law very recently purchased a brand spanking new pickup, of a brand familiar to us all, in which a taillight controller quit, he was told that it may be a month or more before a new one could be obtained , so this is obviously not just an issue particular to Polaris.

Bill

• If I ran my business that way I would not have one .... perhaps that’s the way they treated their Victory customers as well. We all know what happened to that .

Don’t get me wrong I love my sling and have the miles on it to prove it. I’m in the midst of another MOD right now and enjoy doing that. However with my experiences with the dealership I have already bitched about the long wait times. If this contraption called a slingshot were not so cool or fun I do not believe it would’ve survived all of the recalls and the poor dealership representation and would’ve been on the scrapheap long ago.

Hope you get back on the road soon Kay Two I feel your pain

Hummm what are the chances Polaris is monitoring this site and may take a hint?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• NONE!!!

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• NOT defending Polaris but I bought a new Ford pickup 5 months ago. One week later I had it in for major coolant leak. No clamp on the large hose (back by trans) and mine was the second one that week. They had the large hose but not the smaller one that needed to be replaced. Took two weeks to get the part. I installed a factory brake modulator. Dealer turned it on and got immediate "fault" message on dash every time I started the truck. @Slingrazor found the problem after researching. Ford engineers decided to cut costs and eliminated the wire in the fuse box for the brake modulator since "most" people would never install or use the modulator. Took 4 weeks to get the parts. Ford is fixing it for people who figure it out but not voluntarily recalling them.
    I have an advantage with my Polaris dealer. If something is bad and the SS can still be driven they order the parts and let me keep riding till the parts come in. Too bad they can't all work this way.

• Do they have a plan?

@KayTwo
    They are closed Mondays and I have no idea if the parts are in or not. The mechanic that is going to work on it has been on vacation and is suppose to be back tomorrow. Ill keep my fingers crossed that it will be done this week.
    Even after they install the new wiring harness i'm still no so sure that it will be fixed, the last time this happened and they replaced my ECM/ECU it ran perfect for almost 2000 miles before it occured again.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• This is depressing to hear and makes me want to keep the SS garaged. I've already come to accept it's a pleasure vehicle only and shouldn't be driven even 1x/week.

Many of us drive ours almost every day without any more issues than our other vehicles. Got my first one on 12/14. It had the steering recall after about a month. Had a angle drive go out and fixed quickly. Had other recalls done as with my Jeep, Dodge, and Ford. Jeep lost engine and then transmission. Dodge lost alternator w only about 20K. Then recalled for it. Ford had coolant hose clamp left off from factory. And a recall for shift points not set right.
    I have driven over 40,000 miles in mine. My wife and I have EACH driven about 11,000 in ours this past year. Others have even more miles. Only problems with hers has been with Alpha exhaust. You hear about the problems, not the lack of problems.

• Many of us drive ours almost every day without any more issues than our other vehicles. Got my first one on 12/14. It had the steering recall after about a month. Had a angle drive go out and fixed quickly. Had other recalls done as with my Jeep, Dodge, and Ford. Jeep lost engine and then transmission. Dodge lost alternator w only about 20K. Then recalled for it. Ford had coolant hose clamp left off from factory. And a recall for shift points not set right.I have driven over 40,000 miles in mine. My wife and I have EACH driven about 11,000 in ours this past year. Others have even more miles. Only problems with hers has been with Alpha exhaust. You hear about the problems, not the lack of problems.

I see.. every day though?

• I see.. every day though?

Rarely a day I miss riding. Only time I don’t ride is if I know there is going to be serious rain or snow/ice. My riding rule when I rode to work all the time was
    1) If it’s projected to hit 40 deg, ride
    2) if the rain chance is under 40%, ride
    @HeRSling still works (to support our SS habits :00008359: ) and she drove in 25-30 deg many times.

• Mines been at dealer 1,5 months getting transmission replaced under warranty. Took a while with mechanics just trying to get it apart to replace 4th gear synchronizer. After 2 weeks of trying everything Polaris told them, they finally went with new transmission....
    At least it’s not costing me anything but downtime, but I guess I’m still lucky to be getting the new transmission, not sure if tech took this long to try and figure it out and then putting it back together would have worked anyways.....

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Many manufacturers (doesn’t matter what they make) have parts on hand to fill the daily production orders....if they need 125 wingos... they get 125 wingos that day.... no extras...

I know a guy that works in a windshield glass plant....almost daily they ship half empty trucks because that many windshields have you be at the car factory for that day...

I forget the term they use for this parts supply system...

So the parts makers are busy making parts to fill production orders...not for spare parts suppliers....

If you or the dealer suspect...a certain part is defective and probably needs replaced either from normal wear or warranty wise....knowing how long lead times are from the Polaris factory.... if you want to save time....maybe you could order the part from an available supplier....get the part and give if you the dealer to replace... and when the part finally arrives from Timbuktu...the dealer can give it to you. Do you wanna ride or sit on the couch?

• This is depressing to hear and makes me want to keep the SS garaged. I've already come to accept it's a pleasure vehicle only and shouldn't be driven even 1x/week.

I keep mine garaged, and I'm anal about servicing and care on that end. Not so much on the cleaning, so at times it's dirty (but also many times it's very clean). But I USE it. The really good season is shorter, but my season is about from April thru October. That can vary with temps, weather, and salt conditions on the road. I have had it 2 years and one month, and have 28,6xx miles on it. Less than once a week, are you kidding me? Drive it, maintain it, run it easy or hard. If you got a good one, it will hold up. If not, sitting in the garage will still have things go wrong. We bought ours to use.... and use it we will.....

My advice, quit being a sidelines user of it, and be a participator.... Get it out and ride it often! You bought it to have fun, right? Find out what it's made of, like I did!

• Geeeeezzzzz! Now I’m reading about guys who are getting new transmissions! This is getting a tad absurd! Perhaps we all just need to buy two of them from the get go and parts chase the one we like .... :P

Mines been at dealer 1,5 months getting transmission replaced under warranty. Took a while with mechanics just trying to get it apart to replace 4th gear synchronizer. After 2 weeks of trying everything Polaris told them, they finally went with new transmission....
    At least it’s not costing me anything but downtime, but I guess I’m still lucky to be getting the new transmission, not sure if tech took this long to try and figure it out and then putting it back together would have worked anyways.....

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

What did you even buy the SS for then. I park mine in the garage at night when it is not running up and down the road (64,000+)every day. You know back in the old car hobby there was something that I could never understand. I am just going to use a number here OK. The person goes out and spend $25,000 on an old car and will not drive it because they are scared that they will loss money on it or insert some other reason. Then they go out and buy $100,000 on a car/truck and drive it every day. I just could never understand any of this. If it were me I would be driving the cheaper of the two. Yea, I still have my 35 Ford, all Chev under the body and yes I did put over 100,000 mile on it driving it from Indy to Daytona and many places in between. If I could quit spending money on the Sling and going on trips I could still do a few things I would like to do with it or to it.

• Well said .....

What did you even buy the SS for then. I park mine in the garage at night when it is not running up and down the road (64,000+)every day. You know back in the old car hobby there was something that I could never understand. I am just going to use a number here OK. The person goes out and spend $25,000 on an old car and will not drive it because they are scared that they will loss money on it or insert some other reason. Then they go out and buy $100,000 on a car/truck and drive it every day. I just could never understand any of this. If it were me I would be driving the cheaper of the two. Yea, I still have my 35 Ford, all Chev under the body and yes I did put over 100,000 mile on it driving it from Indy to Daytona and many places in between. If I could quit spending money on the Sling and going on trips I could still do a few things I would like to do with it or to it.

• What did you even buy the SS for then. I park mine in the garage at night when it is not running up and down the road (64,000+)every day. You know back in the old car hobby there was something that I could never understand. I am just going to use a number here OK. The person goes out and spend $25,000 on an old car and will not drive it because they are scared that they will loss money on it or insert some other reason. Then they go out and buy $100,000 on a car/truck and drive it every day. I just could never understand any of this. If it were me I would be driving the cheaper of the two. Yea, I still have my 35 Ford, all Chev under the body and yes I did put over 100,000 mile on it driving it from Indy to Daytona and many places in between. If I could quit spending money on the Sling and going on trips I could still do a few things I would like to do with it or to it.

@FunCycle I also have one of those. Actually it's a 37' Ford coupe "built Ford tough with Chevy stuff"! And like yours there are things that I need to do to it but like yours it's allowance keeps getting taken away by the sling. LOL We always drove it anywhere we wanted to go. The only show we ever hauled it to was one where there were so many folks that wanted to go with me we couldn't all fit in the coupe. Made me feel like one of those folks with a "bar" bike that haul it half way across the country just to ride between bars then haul it back again.

In my old age I have mellowed a bit and will now haul my bike if I have to be back home on a specific date. The only reason is to be able to maximize my riding time in the area I'm going without having leave early to avoid riding 8hrs or more home through storms. Being out in the coupe isn't any different. While a little rain isn't going to hurt it I don't like driving it in storms either. Shirl's 07' convertible on the other hand has never seen rain and likely never will until we die and the kids sell it off. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868