Check Engine code 65620.

• Looks like I’m unfortunately slingless again with the same problem as before. A week ago this past Saturday the wife and I jumped in the sling to go for a ride. About a 1/2 hour into our ride the check engine light pops on and I loose my throttle control again. We managed to get it off the road and shut off the ignition for a few minutes. I cranked it back up and we rode for another hour until it shut down again. After the restart it got us almost back home before it happened again.
    Long story short, I took it back to the dealership at the Mall of Ga and was treated like a crap. So, I picked it back up from them and took it to the dealership in Greer SC because of recomdations from a number of other Slingshot owners including @KayTwo and @Lorge. It’s now been there sense last Wednesday and according to the service Mgr it’s going to get a new Wiring Harness. The parts should be in this week so I’m hoping it will be ready by the weekend. Hopefully they will be able to locate a bad place or a possibility of a pinched section of the harness so a determation of failure can be located. If this doesn’t fix my sling I’m going to give it back to Polaris. :00007505:

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Hoping for the best @MWSlingshot, and that they are able to fix the problem permanently this time around!!!
    It sucks that you're losing precious riding time tho. :thumbdown:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I feel your pain! However my experience has been when a dealer replaces a wiring harness they have pretty much given up trying to find what it is. I had this experience with a motorcycle fresh out of the show room and the dealer ended up replacing the wiring harness because they could not find the short. Hopefully you will be up and running soon but I wouldn’t hold your breath on finding the cause. Replacing the “circulatory” system is not a quick endeavor. I think you’re going to need patience for a while on this. My sling was in the dealership for eight days just to replace the brake sensors and fluid. How come our cars can go in and be back same day but for some reason toys take a week or two?

Looks like I’m unfortunately slingless again with the same problem as before. A week ago this past Saturday the wife and I jumped in the sling to go for a ride. About a 1/2 hour into our ride the check engine light pops on and I loose my throttle control again. We managed to get it off the road and shut off the ignition for a few minutes. I cranked it back up and we rode for another hour until it shut down again. After the restart it got us almost back home before it happened again.
    Long story short, I took it back to the dealership at the Mall of Ga and was treated like a crap. So, I picked it back up from them and took it to the dealership in Greer SC because of recomdations from a number of other Slingshot owners including @KayTwo and @Lorge. It’s now been there sense last Wednesday and according to the service Mgr it’s going to get a new Wiring Harness. The parts should be in this week so I’m hoping it will be ready by the weekend. Hopefully they will be able to locate a bad place or a possibility of a pinched section of the harness so a determation of failure can be located. If this doesn’t fix my sling I’m going to give it back to Polaris. :00007505:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I feel your pain! However my experience has been when a dealer replaces a wiring harness they have pretty much given up trying to find what it is. I had this experience with a motorcycle fresh out of the show room and the dealer ended up replacing the wiring harness because they could not find the short. Hopefully you will be up and running soon but I wouldn’t hold your breath on finding the cause. Replacing the “circulatory” system is not a quick endeavor. I think you’re going to need patience for a while on this. My sling was in the dealership for eight days just to replace the brake sensors and fluid. How come our cars can go in and be back same day but for some reason toys take a week or two?

Toys aren't being made at the same frequency and parts are scarce or handmade?

-M

• How come our cars can go in and be back same day but for some reason toys take a week or two?

Polaris is good on covering problems but is not quick to respond. They took 5 days to approve my case for a leaky angle drive. They required pics of the leak, more pics showing overnight leakage, then finally approved it. Now, 5 to 9 days waiting for parts. I should have picked it back up and returned it when parts show up. I missed a couple gatherings this weekend!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• If yours wasn't a 2017 I would say you must have gotten my old Sling.

Hate that you are having to deal with this. I know your pain my friend. Wish I had a magic pill or just a good solid answer as to how to get it fixed.

Knowing what was happening with mine a total harness replacement sounds like the solution. There is something that can happen either during the assembly of the wire harness or during installation that can cause this ground. They must not have isolated it yet or its a precentage they feel they can live with. Polaris took care of me in the end and I hope your get the same results

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• If yours wasn't a 2017 I would say you must have gotten my old Sling.

Hate that you are having to deal with this. I know your pain my friend. Wish I had a magic pill or just a good solid answer as to how to get it fixed.

Knowing what was happening with mine a total harness replacement sounds like the solution. There is something that can happen either during the assembly of the wire harness or during installation that can cause this ground. They must not have isolated it yet or its a precentage they feel they can live with. Polaris took care of me in the end and I hope your get the same results

Thank you Patrick, I feel much better at the dealership up in SC after talking with them and seeing the shop and meeting with the owner.
    They have a dedicated shop area for Slingshot and two techs that do nothing but Slingshot work. At the Mall of Ga dealer I was told it’s a 20-22 hour job to replace the harness, but the serv Mgr at Greer said he’s done the whole job before in 8 hours. And he’s done a few of them.
    I won’t be going back to my local dealership for anything again.

I’ll always have it in the back of my mind that it’s not really fixed, it just hasn’t reappear!

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

Not enough trained mechanics..look how many people never saw an SS before...so most people that want to be mechanics aren’t thinking about being an SS mechanic...besides there is more job security working with cars since everybody has one.

Better off learning to be your own mechanic because most of the dealer mechanics are just learning too.

• Do they have a plan?

I just dont get it...we are going into what now 4 years with these things...how can there never be any parts available?!? I could understand when they first came out but over these 4 years all machines share 95% of the same parts except for the body and trim. There should be parts everywhere by now!!

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I just dont get it...we are going into what now 4 years with these things...how can there never be any parts available?!? I could understand when they first came out but over these 4 years all machines share 95% of the same parts except for the body and trim. There should be parts everywhere by now!!

it's not necessarily about parts availability, it's about the willingness to distribute them under warranty.

• I just dont get it...we are going into what now 4 years with these things...how can there never be any parts available?!? I could understand when they first came out but over these 4 years all machines share 95% of the same parts except for the body and trim. There should be parts everywhere by now!!

SSreaper

I believe dealers are reluctant to purchase parts and store them on site. For them, there is no downside to making the customer wait after confirming the issue and warranty coverage with the mothership. Unless you are a large dealership that sees dozens of Slings each week I'm not sure it makes sense to hold on to anything other than oil, filters, fuzes, and speed sensors (and only a handful of those)

• I believe dealers are reluctant to purchase parts and store them on site. For them, there is no downside to making the customer wait after confirming the issue and warranty coverage with the mothership. Unless you are a large dealership that sees dozens of Slings each week I'm not sure it makes sense to hold on to anything other than oil, filters, fuzes, and speed sensors (and only a handful of those)

Yep. Not even angle drive gaskets. Mine has been in for 3 weeks now and still no parts. It took Polaris 5 days to approve the repair, then on the 14th said it would be 5 to 9 days for parts to ship. They don't count the day they told you and they don't count weekends, so 10 calendar days later I'm only 6 days into my wait. My dealer says they will be in Tuesday as they are not open Mondays. What gets me is that for an exorbitant shipping fee (my service writer said $30 for a set of spark plugs) they will expedite so it is possible for them to ship faster, they just don't. I'm wondering if they take that long for paying customers. I understand the dealers not making an investment in parts.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)