Check Engine code 65620.

• Was on my way into work this morning and was pulling away from a traffic light and my check engine light comes on and I loose throttle control. Nothing happens when you press the gas pedal. Looked up the code and it said
    5v sensor supply A, output grounded?
    What does that mean?

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• @Tripod will likely be in here soon and post up. I have the manual, but I'm at work and it's at home. If you are on the side of the road now, try cycling the key on (wait for full sweep of gauges to complete) and then back off 3 times. Sometimes this will clear it (still be in memory, but resets to correct the problem unless it reoccurred again). It may come back, or it may be a glitch that was a one time only. Once we get the code checked, we'll have a better idea of what needs done.

Edit: didn't realize you already had looked up the code. I found it, and it said just what you mentioned. Like Tripod, I can find them, not necessarily be able to fix them. I would think this has to do with the stability/traction control/anti lock brakes (guessing sensor going bad). Only a guess though. Watching to see the more knowledgeable on here to reply.

• Thank you @Goats_Hogs, I had looked the code up sitting on the side of the road( thanks to the forum member that have posted them) and also found the key cycle that would turn off the light, and it did. I turned around and headed back home and it happened again in a mile. 2300 miles and have had no problems.
    Thank you for responding.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• @Bigdog, while I do really appreciate you looking up what you did in the service manual, I’m still at a loss to try to determine where to even start looking as I’m not truly familiar with all of the systems. I was really hoping that some of the tech gurus that work on these things all the time could help pinpoint where to really start looking. I don’t seem to be getting much response, maybe I worded the thread incorrectly. Maybe I should’ve started off with “HELP”

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• Did you check the battery for the cables being tight like @LargeCar mentioned? I took mine in for a warranty issue shortly (pun intended) after getting it, and luckily I was about to do the battery upgrade to the Optima full size. My terminal was only finger tight, and with the work I had done I would expect the service dept to have had the cable off. I've heard of them loosening up over time. You are right, "Help" might have gotten more response. I know that if I see engine code in topic, and very many have answered, I've moved on before thinking that you already had the code.

Hard to diagnose many things like this over the internet. @Slingrazor @TravAZ, either of you able to help? Perhaps know someone else that might shed light on this?

• Did you check the battery for the cables being tight like @LargeCar mentioned? I took mine in for a warranty issue shortly (pun intended) after getting it, and luckily I was about to do the battery upgrade to the Optima full size. My terminal was only finger tight, and with the work I had done I would expect the service dept to have had the cable off. I've heard of them loosening up over time. You are right, "Help" might have gotten more response. I know that if I see engine code in topic, and very many have answered, I've moved on before thinking that you already had the code.

Hard to diagnose many things like this over the internet. @Slingrazor @TravAZ, either of you able to help? Perhaps know someone else that might shed light on this?

You could try to reset the electrical system by disconnecting the battery ...

If that doesn’t work the dealer will have to run diagnostics with the Digital Wrench.

@Goat_Hogs, I’ve not had a chance to check the cables on my battery but will do so this weekend.

I just finished reading the thread that @Ross had posted about @Ruptered Duck and his problem with this same CEL code. They never did come up with a fix for the problem, he just got a new Slingshot from Polaris.

I can’t believe that I’m the only other person that has had this problem occur with there Sling. I don’t want to take it to the dealer and have it set for 30-60 days while nothing is being done to resolve the problem.

Guess I don’t have much choice at this point.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• i think a trip to the dealer may be a good route. I think @Ruptured Duck had this issue Less than a year ... Freaking ECU issue is back, code 065620

There was a lot involved with our first SlingShot. That thread kind of explains that they never told me the cause. In my case Polaris took care of us. To answer the question before it's asked I have no special contact or method to work through the warranty process. Not trying to sound mean, just telling how my process went.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• There was a lot involved with our first SlingShot. That thread kind of explains that they never told me the cause. In my case Polaris took care of us. To answer the question before it's asked I have no special contact or method to work through the warranty process. Not trying to sound mean, just telling how my process went.

I didn’t read anything mean in your response Patrick. I just wish the problem you had with your first Sling were found and you were able to post a solution to the 65620 code. It’s very dangerous to drive it whe you have no idea when it’s going to just leave you hanging in the middle of a busy intersection or entertaining a busy street.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• Haven't dealt with this personally yet (knocking on wood).

I would check the throttle position sensor connection at the throttle pedal itself and check the connection at the actual throttle body on the intake. Unplug them and make sure all of the pins are straight and re-plug them in after putting some dielectic grease on the connections.

It is also possible that something is shorting out in the harness too. Hopefully not.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• It happens to the best of manufacturers. In my case it was a long process that finally reached a point where all options had been tried.
    Ours was a 2015 built in October and was the 887th off the line. We believe it might have been caused by a short somewhere deep in the wiring. At it's final failure it just stopped firing on all cylinders when it would re-fire and then it just finally would not start.

This past weekend I was at a high end auto dealer and noticed a brand new model in the service bay totally stripped down. I'm talking to the body shell and everything removed. Basically it had an electrical issue that could not be found in the normal manner. The manufacturer contracted the dealer to totally stripped it down to find the fault. Ended up being a very, very, very small nick in one of the main wire harnesses that feed several major subsystems. The dealer was well over $15,000 in billed labor hours.
    I was amazed to the extent the manufacturer went to find a fault that had not shown up on any other of the models produced.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The tip over sensor will shut off the fuel pump as well as the engine if the SS gets upside down.

I moved mine to another location but made sure that it remained mounted in the correct position.

And yes they are standard equipment on all motorcycles these days.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• There were some Slingshots affected by the key getting water inside it. I can't exactly remember what happened when it did. But I remember some saying they had to remove the key cylinder and have it replaced. I even think someone figured out they were installed upside down. Probably not your issue. If someone can remember what I'm talking about post it below.....

• They can and do go bad on occasion but normally they are either good or bad. That being said, if someone moved one like I did and didn't get it mounted correctly it could cause it to shut off when cornering hard in one direction and not in the other.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868