• So I ordered in the rear pods and I am looking at speakers to use. I have heard some good things on Memphis Audio and came across these.....

http:// https://www.crutchfield.com/p_953M602SLB/Memphis-Audio-MXA602SL-Black.html?tp=61755&awkw=482416265032&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=186330169377&awdv=t&awug=9016195

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Lots of people like Memphis Audio. Both of the MA speakers above are 88 dB Sensitivity.
    Personally, I prefer as high a Sensitivity rating as I can comfortable afford. I installed a pair of Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial Speakers (Amazon Prime - $38) and have been very happy with them.

• Lots of people like Memphis Audio. Both of the MA speakers above are 88 dB Sensitivity.
    Personally, I prefer as high a Sensitivity rating as I can comfortable afford. I installed a pair of Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial Speakers (Amazon Prime - $38) and have been very happy with them.

Are those Marine grade?

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Don't get hung up on marine grade speakers. All that means is the terminals are conformal to moisture. Most quality speakers have cones made of materials that can handle moisture. I run these speakers in 3 different vehicles. Just make sure to buy a good amp to push them.
    Rockford Fosgate T1650 6.5" 2-Way Full Range Euro Fit Compatible Speakers ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_lKdLAbTBDED8Z

• Ok, so here is what I decided on. I went with The RF P1650 for the rear pods. Nothing too fancy, but I think they should work well. I am also going to throw on a set of the RF R1T-S 1 inch tweets, but haven't fully decided where I want to place them. I am thinking either on the vertical piece between the seats by the aux power port or on the center console by the head unit. Also, what way do you guys think would be the best to run these? Should I just power direct from head unit or piggy back off of the rear pod speakers?

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Ok, so here is what I decided on. I went with The RF P1650 for the rear pods. Nothing too fancy, but I think they should work well. I am also going to throw on a set of the RF R1T-S 1 inch tweets, but haven't fully decided where I want to place them. I am thinking either on the vertical piece between the seats by the aux power port or on the center console by the head unit. Also, what way do you guys think would be the best to run these? Should I just power direct from head unit or piggy back off of the rear pod speakers?

Normally, a 1" tweeter would be run off of a crossover to separate and send them only the high frequencies they are designed for. Apparently the P1650 has a built-in crossover for their on-board tweeters so I would connect them to that, if possible. For placement, keep in mind that high frequencies are more directional than low (bass) frequencies, so if you feel they are necessary, try to aim them towards your ears.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I installed two alpine tweeters in the center stack under the radio, where the "flat spots" are in the plastic panels. I stole the idea from Rabtech, although used a slightly different location to ensure I did not hit the break Line (Was drilling by myself). The tweeters really brightened up the sound when installed. Te down side, one is slanted to the passenger, one towards the driver, so far less than optimum. I mainly wanted to bring in a front stage, and was happy although lost some true stereo.

Can shoot pictures if needed, but if you find a picture of Rabs center stack it will give you the idea.

As for wiring, I would advise buying a band pass filter (crossover) for the tweets vice trying to wire into the RFs. There are tons of options allowing you to match passed frequencies with the tweeter you pick. In fact, some tweeters come with their own.