Slingshot tie down in enclosed trailer

• Hi all, I am fairly new to the site so bear with me please. I know this has probably been talked about in another thread but I had no luck with the search thing. I will most likely be picking up my Sling this week and I will have a 20 ft. enclosed trailer to haul it home in. We have used this trailer several times over the years for hauling antique cars and Harley's and we have several D rings bolted to the floor but I don't know if these will hold out alright for the SS tie down. I will have time this week to check out the spacing of the D rings but does anyone know off hand how far apart the two A arms so I can measure if my existing ones will hold out. It is not my trailer so I would have to get permission to drill any new holes in the floor. thanks, Jim P.S. I'm getting so excited about getting this that I can't sleep at night! Is this normal?

• I run straps from the front D rings to the A arms - and in the rear I use an axel strap thru the rear wheel wrapped with a towel and a ratchet straps to each of the rear D rings.
    I have trailered plenty of times this way with no movement at all.

You shouldn't have any problems at all

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hi all, I am fairly new to the site so bear with me please. I know this has probably been talked about in another thread but I had no luck with the search thing. I will most likely be picking up my Sling this week and I will have a 20 ft. enclosed trailer to haul it home in. We have used this trailer several times over the years for hauling antique cars and Harley's and we have several D rings bolted to the floor but I don't know if these will hold out alright for the SS tie down. I will have time this week to check out the spacing of the D rings but does anyone know off hand how far apart the two A arms so I can measure if my existing ones will hold out. It is not my trailer so I would have to get permission to drill any new holes in the floor. thanks, Jim P.S. I'm getting so excited about getting this that I can't sleep at night! Is this normal?

If you have hauled some cars and bikes, the Slingshot will be no problem. Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity' ... Why sleep when we can be riding or planning a ride or a 'mod' ... When you get her home get lots of miles in the seat before going to crazy with the mods. Lots of great things you can do to make her your own special ride.

• I went with a rail system. Search ebay for E track.

Just re read your post, E track puts lots of holes in the trailer floor. Just make sure you are not bagging the suspension, tie off to as low on the arm as possible. Let the Sling ride on its own suspension. But then you probably knew that.

LC

• @Shatneyman you might want to tie down on the suspension instead of the frame. On the frame allows SS suspension to compress more than the straps are holding it down, this causes the straps to be snapped each time the suspension rebounds. If you tie off using the lowest point on suspension you allow the SS to ride on both the trailers and SS suspension. Just food for thought.

LC

• All the tie down advice is good but I have one more useful piece of advice for you. DO NOT ride or ride in anyone's sling that is boosted in any fashion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heeding this advice will save you about $10,000.00

Congrats on the SS purchase and good luck with your new love!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Oh if you fall off the wagon and you can get away from her for say 4hrs we can have you some boost installed and she'll never be the wiser,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,until the CC bill comes in. You might want to keep the rpms really low so she don't notice the woosh from the blow off valve. HEHEHEHEHEHE!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Oh if you fall off the wagon and you can get away from her for say 4hrs we can have you some boost installed and she'll never be the wiser,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,until the CC bill comes in. You might want to keep the rpms really low so she don't notice the woosh from the blow off valve. HEHEHEHEHEHE!

And then some are all out without the Turbo or Super Charger. Just Saying

• I purchased recessed tie down ring from US Cargo. I have three lash points for each wheel. If you look at the picture of @LargeCar tie down, mine is the same except I did not use the ETrack system. I also bought my ratchet tie down straps from US Cargo. Take a look at the tire tie down systems from US Cargo.

• @Shatneyman you might want to tie down on the suspension instead of the frame. On the frame allows SS suspension to compress more than the straps are holding it down, this causes the straps to be snapped each time the suspension rebounds. If you tie off using the lowest point on suspension you allow the SS to ride on both the trailers and SS suspension. Just food for thought.

LC

thanks, I'm clueless about this stuff. ?( It worked OK when I went to SSITS last year. I like the over the tire method, but again, I know nothing about this stuff ;(