L.E.D. HELP...ON A BUDGET

• Just thought that I would throw this out there for the "Do-It-Yourself" LED guys and gals out there! If you are looking for remotes for your single-color LEDs, I ran across this website, and was very excited about it. Long story short, I found a 4 Zone Multi-Mode Remote Relay (controls up to 4 zones of LEDs) for $34.95. This same remote and controller is $69.95 from one of the vendors from TDS. I understand the markup...but if I can save someone a dollar or two on their install, so be it. The website only had (5) left and I ordered (2) on Wednesday. They just arrived today!!! Happy about that, too. Before I forget, here is the website...http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=rm08

Currently working on some Single-Color LED lighting schemes, and this controller fits the bill. I've used them in the past, and was greatly impressed with the resultsI A word of caution, though. The controller (not the remote) doesn't like too much moisture. I got around that by sealing the unit in the anti-static bag and wrapping it up in a zip-lock baggy thingy. I'm working on extending the wiring and placing the unit in a nice and dry area on the Sling. Right now, I have the unit right above the Neutrino...in the engine compartment...by the ECM thingy.

This is info if you are interested. I'm not promoting anything. I'm just showing some of you how to save a buck of two. If you ARE doing your own lighting, let me know what you think. Feel free to share some of your successes...and short-comings with your light schemes. :thumbsup:

• I did single color LEDs on mine for less than $30. I just wired them to a switch on the dash...I didn't see the benefits of having them tied to a remote, but to each their own. Not the best pics, but you get the idea.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• I did single color LEDs on mine for less than $30. I just wired them to a switch on the dash...I didn't see the benefits of having them tied to a remote, but to each their own. Not the best pics, but you get the idea.

Dash switches work best!!!! That will be ANOTHER project I will be working on at a later date. If you're heading to Maggie Valley this year, let's get together and swap LED ideas...as well as some good sea stories. Having spent 24-years in Uncle Sam's canoe club, I may have a couple of stories that could make your toes curl!!!! I promise to keep 'em clean!!!!!! :00008172::00008356:

• Dash switches work best!!!! That will be ANOTHER project I will be working on at a later date. If you're heading to Maggie Valley this year, let's get together and swap LED ideas...as well as some good sea stories. Having spent 24-years in Uncle Sam's canoe club, I may have a couple of stories that could make your toes curl!!!! I promise to keep 'em clean!!!!!! :00008172::00008356:

HaHaHa....well if the stories are worth a damn there will be nothing clean about them! Yeah, I will be at Maggie Valley. We are heading in on the 30th.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• HaHaHa....well if the stories are worth a damn there will be nothing clean about them! Yeah, I will be at Maggie Valley. We are heading in on the 30th.

I think we will be rolling in on the 26th. A couple of us are taking our wives and better half's over to the Biltmore House for a day-trip...before all the REAL fun begins!!!!!

• A great way to get power to your LEDs is to buy a 3 position switch from slingmods. Remove your factory hazard switch and replace it withe the 3 position. You will be hazards in the up position, middle off, down LED. It is a fused and protected circuit. This is better than what is done at the shows, they just cut your accessory power wire under the fuse box.