something new to try this weekend

• Have any of you tried using this instead of clay? If you have what are your thoughts?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Following... Waiting for your feedback...

Having never clay barred a car before I am not sure I am the best person to report on this. I will tell you if I like it and if I am pleased, but keep in mind that I cant actually compare it to real clay. The people on the auto detailing group give it 5 our of 5 stars

• Well that's good... As I'm sure they've clayed before... :thumbsup:

yep :) thats why I felt good about ordering it - at $10 on amazon and 5 stars how can go wrong

• Thanks Tripod - good to know you can be counted on :D

• I saw this today while looking for slick mist at the parts store. I was intrigued but didn't get it as I still have some clay in the garage and wasn't sure if it would work with the contours of the slingshot. If the sponge you found works as good as clay then would definitely be worth trying as I imagine it would make getting to the difficult areas a lot easier.

• Well it worked perfectly. This is the fine grade i used the last of my topcoat as a lube and did the plastic bag test when i was done and it is smooth as glass. Polished it and sealed with nu finish. Tomorrow i am thinking i might top it with carnauba wax to finish it off

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Well it worked perfectly. This is the fine grade i used the last of my topcoat as a lube and did the plastic bag test when i was done and it is smooth as glass. Polished it and sealed with nu finish. Tomorrow i am thinking i might top it with carnauba wax to finish it off

Hmmmm... not gonna lie. Had to look up what a plastic bag test was. Learn something new every day. If there wasn't rain of biblical proportions falling outside I'd probably be in the driveway in the middle of the night with a plastic bag right now.

So did this sponge have the typical sponge feel or more of an abrasive pad feel? I really didn't have much hope for this actually working that well. I did a full detail of mine over the winter, but used clay. I still have to do a couple more vehicles and may have to check this thing out. I am attaching a couple pics of the surface after detailing.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Hmmmm... not gonna lie. Had to look up what a plastic bag test was. Learn something new every day. If there wasn't rain of biblical proportions falling outside I'd probably be in the driveway in the middle of the night with a plastic bag right now.

If you've never detailed your vehicle you will immediately be able to tell how contaminated the surface is by using the bag.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• So did this sponge have the typical sponge feel or more of an abrasive pad feel? I really didn't have much hope for this actually working that well. I did a full detail of mine over the winter, but used clay. I still have to do a couple more vehicles and may have to check this thing out. I am attaching a couple pics of the surface after detailing.

in the picture I posted in my OP you are seeing the back of it not the synthetic clay side. Here is a picture that shows the "working side" of it. It is very slick and smooth to the touch no abrasive feel what so ever. When wet with water it feels a bit tacky and when wet with a lube it is slippery as hell. On the detailing forum NanoSkin products seem to be highly regarded they make many different products. This blue "autoscrub" is the fine grade of this product - they say it can be used every wash. They make a medium grade that is more like regular clay and is for using once or twice a year and they also make towels that have one side with a synthetic clay side that I hear are great to use. they also make just about anything else you could want for auto detailing here is a link.

at this time I am very happy with the results of my days effort

• Thank you MiM - I just trying to learn this care care stuff. In the past I wasn't known for putting much effort into caring for my cars - just drove them and ran them through the car wash. Had an F150 step side that was a bit of an exception in that I washed it at home, but nothing special.

Now with the Slingshot I feel more energized about keeping it at its best - It's my baby :(