What happens in Dubai, UAE, doesn't always stay there......

• Honestly, as previously pointed out there are "some places/points" where you could say "nice mod" but it's like they had access to unlimited funds, parts, materials and a budget going too far lol. The front area to close the open area on the SS is an area I'd considered tackling but I came across that picture seeing someone had...but the next picture came..lol I was like "well fruitcicle". Giving the SS gills to breathe that were non-functional near the entry was just downright heartbreaking for me lol..the corbins...encasing the rearview mirror in fiberglass smh To make things worse the wheels are similar to mine being sent to powder coat. I was like the guy in @Tripod s post!

• @Shatneyman that looks like HotWheels SlingShot if I've ever seen one! Space version!

@DKF Texas I don't doubt there love for the SS but if you hold your love too tight you can suffocate it sometimes lol best to let go, step back and start again. I give props to fabricators, their creativity and the guts to do it. I also love the idea that one man trash is another's treasure..that's how a lot of wives got their husbands and vice versa lol jk Seriously, we're military and understand the cost of shipping from overseas--this is why we also restricted to must haves...for me this don't qualify but I won't knock the next Slinger for making their SS their own using fabrication from these builders. I currently have a friend living local and he's able to give me feedback about their shop.

• looks a lot like this one made 1 hour away from me!

Yep Shat they are making a body kit similar to the T Rex, and they have done there take on this

Wish I had fabrication skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @Shatneyman that looks like HotWheels SlingShot if I've ever seen one! Space version!

@DKF Texas I don't doubt there love for the SS but if you hold your love too tight you can suffocate it sometimes lol best to let go, step back and start again. I give props to fabricators, their creativity and the guts to do it. I also love the idea that one man trash is another's treasure..that's how a lot of wives got their husbands and vice versa lol jk Seriously, we're military and understand the cost of shipping from overseas--this is why we also restricted to must haves...for me this don't qualify but I won't knock the next Slinger for making their SS their own using fabrication from these builders. I currently have a friend living local and he's able to give me feedback about their shop.

I spent several months in Al Ain and was pleasantly surprised by the 2 wheel community in the UAE. The quality and creativity of some of the custom Bikes was very impressive. Custom Bikes of Dubai had created a few of them. The folks riding were expats, locals and basically anyone who wanted to join. Jebel Hafeet on 4s was a blast, 2 would be great and I would LOVE to take a Sling on it! It’s located on the border of UAE and Oman just outside of Al Ain.

• ........ but it's like they had access to unlimited funds, parts, materials and a budget going too far lol.

I agree! This is a perfect example of, "You can have unlimited funds, but you still can't buy taste".....

I like the circled parts in the bottom picture on your first post. I'd seen them before, but they were a bit pricey for me. I look at mods in this way....

1) Performance. Can be acceleration, braking, handling or ride quality.
    2) Comfort. What does it do for me to make it more enjoyable?
    3) Looks. It had better be something that I really like the look on, or I'll not spent the $$ on it. Instead, the $$ will go to (see #1 and #2).

• I agree! This is a perfect example of, "You can have unlimited funds, but you still can't buy taste".....

I like the circled parts in the bottom picture on your first post. I'd seen them before, but they were a bit pricey for me. I look at mods in this way....

1) Performance. Can be acceleration, braking, handling or ride quality.
    2) Comfort. What does it do for me to make it more enjoyable?
    3) Looks. It had better be something that I really like the look on, or I'll not spent the $$ on it. Instead, the $$ will go to (see #1 and #2).

What I like about seeing different thought processes/designs is that it can lead to or inspire another’s vision...ie new things coming down the pike all the time...
    Some may not like what others have done and choose to denigrate or downplay it while others will see an opportunity to create...

• @DKF Texas I agree. I wasn't meaning that as a bash on them, just not my taste is all. Perhaps I should have put "You can have unlimited funds, but you still can't buy MY taste".... haha!

I do really love the front inserts they came up with, but the price they had was more than I'm willing to put into the mod. My Slingshot is driven and used, no show piece by any means. But this sort of thinking is also why we have many members here that are making things and offering them up to us here on this site. I have the MeanSling Top, Slinglow's rear cover, and likely will be getting the fire extinguisher holder that Pat is offering also (not to mention many DDMWorks items that I have). Erica and Stacy are about to launch what I'm certain with be some interesting products to us also. Deiter already has (looking at the double nut cover as another of my "to do" list). All of these came from their ideas, and putting that into parts that were available. And I'm thankful for it.

• Nail on the head @Br4hm4... I saw the blue one and was like what @Tripod posted... <X

At that point... Just buy the Mercedes and cut the roof off... Or if a convertible is made, just buy that...

It's clearly no longer a Slingshot... I love the Slingshot style and design... That's why I bought it (gently used :POKESS: )... And I don't mind adding pieces (gently used) here and there to make it my own, but to each there own!