Bassani Side Exhaust

• Well I can't figure out how to take a video on my phone that actually reflects the true sound. Let me just say that my wife is happy with it. Growls when you get on it and is quiet when cruising. She wants the Sling to sound more like a bike than a car and she is happy with it. She is on that side and hasn't said anything bad about it. I like it too. It is a different sound than the Alpha, but is spring mounted so the vibration issue that kills the Alpha is gone. It doesn't use the same hole as before but it is not noticeable at all. If you are installing after the other brand, you will need the springs (5 2" extension springs from Lowe's) and the exhaust seal (#3610211). You will also need the Bassani down pipe (or another cat delete pipe) leaving the pipe totally open and allowing the engine to breath. After installing the OEM exhaust to get by, it sure was nice to get the zip back that it had taken away.

I've been looking at this side exit exhaust and am very interested since I can't get any exhaust that utilizes the transmission tunnel space (my air ride tanks are there).

My biggest want is to cut the heat down. Does this help with the heat, or is this basically only a nicer sound thing?

Thanks.... !

• We have it and like it, but it’s not quiet, it has the rumble at idle,, and when you floor it,, you will know it...... I can take a video and post it if you would like..... may take me a few minutes........

• We have it and like it, but it’s not quiet, it has the rumble at idle,, and when you floor it,, you will know it...... I can take a video and post it if you would like..... may take me a few minutes........

He might be running backwards but I think we got him straightened out. At least he can drive in a straight line now. Oh I am sorry I wasn’t supposed to say anything. Sorry Anita

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I've been looking at this side exit exhaust and am very interested since I can't get any exhaust that utilizes the transmission tunnel space (my air ride tanks are there).

My biggest want is to cut the heat down. Does this help with the heat, or is this basically only a nicer sound thing?

Thanks.... !

You could always swap the torpedo tanks from within the trans tunnel and place them under the front spoiler. I did this with Rev Dynamics so I could retain my dual rear exhaust and have more than one gallon of air. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• You could always swap the torpedo tanks from within the trans tunnel and place them under the front spoiler. I did this with Rev Dynamics so I could retain my dual rear exhaust and have more than one gallon of air. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Too much trouble. Mitch said I would have to remove my tanks and send them in so he could retrofit them for the front.

• Too much trouble. Mitch said I would have to remove my tanks and send them in so he could retrofit them for the front.

My view... your money... But freeing up that space opens you up to every exhaust on the market and in my opinion the best exhausts on the market. It really does sound better with the exhaust sound coming from behind the vehicle. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• maverick5990 can you give me a quick education on what's the down pipe for and is it necessary with the exhaust system?

• maverick5990 can you give me a quick education on what's the down pipe for and is it necessary with the exhaust system?

The downpipe eliminates the cat and allows for a straight shot through the muffler. Here's a link for the muffler. Click for the member price and you will save almost $100!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Someone in the Facebook group is selling his - he says about 2000 miles on it but IMO he wants too much for a used system. New they are $675 and he wants $400. He didn't say why he is selling it.