Gas level / fuel gauge

• I did not know until today that the 2017 SLR only has 6 bars on the gas gauge and the 2015 has 9 bars (one for each gallon). I do not know about the 2016

I have a 2016 and just because of this thread I counted my bars this afternoon on my drive home. My fuel gauge has 8 bars 2 for each 1/4 tank

Are you sure yours has 9?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a 2016 and just because of this thread I counted my bars this afternoon on my drive home. My fuel gauge has 8 bars 2 for each 1/4 tank

I did not know until today that the 2017 SLR only has 6 bars on the gas gauge and the 2015 has 9 bars (one for each gallon). I do not know about the 2016

I have a 2016 and just because of this thread I counted my bars this afternoon on my drive home. My fuel gauge has 8 bars 2 for each 1/4 tank

Yep, checked them earlier today 2015 SL and 2017 SLR

• I just checked again so it is 8 bars plus the E

yep - 8 bars that light and and e and f at opposite ends - always seemed reasonable to me that it was an even number 4 bars is 1/2 tank 2 bars 1/4 and 1 is 1/8 - - - - same as the markings on a traditional analog gauge - - The thing I don't like about these digital things with the bars is there is no "in between" if you know what I mean - if I get in my car and there is one bar lit I could have a entire 1/8 of a tank or I could be almost empty with the bar turning off any second - at least with analog you can see which end of the 1/8th the needle is closer to.

I would like having only 6 bars even less. that last bar represents anywhere from empty to 1.63 gallons (per polaris the tank holds 9.77 and 1/6th = 1.63)

fewer bars = less detail = not good

• Luckily race fuel is not illegal and you can get it up to 110 octane.....a 5 gallon bucket is $78 and you cannot pump it yourself(comes in pre filled containers) so I mix 8.25 parts 91 octane and 1.75 parts 110 and get roughly 93.5 octane..... Detonation is not apparent in my last tank of fuel so I know its definitely the gas now....hope Bob comes to Las Vegas with his computer to help with this issue. Probably by that time tho it wont matter because it will be back to 85 and sunny here!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• yep - 8 bars that light and and e and f at opposite ends - always seemed reasonable to me that it was an even number 4 bars is 1/2 tank 2 bars 1/4 and 1 is 1/8 - - - - same as the markings on a traditional analog gauge - - The thing I don't like about these digital things with the bars is there is no "in between" if you know what I mean - if I get in my car and there is one bar lit I could have a entire 1/8 of a tank or I could be almost empty with the bar turning off any second - at least with analog you can see which end of the 1/8th the needle is closer to.
    I would like having only 6 bars even less. that last bar represents anywhere from empty to 1.63 gallons (per polaris the tank holds 9.77 and 1/6th = 1.63)

fewer bars = less detail = not good

When my gas light 'empty' --- comes on and I get gas can usually only put 8 gals in the tank.

• I never have had the light come on - I start thinking about gassing when I hit 2 bars. My wife is like you - she will run it down until the light comes on drives me nuts

• I never have had the light come on - I start thinking about gassing when I hit 2 bars. My wife is like you - she will run it down until the light comes on drives me nuts

Only if you know where you are at and the closes gas station. With mine about 28-29 miles and I may be out. Like @EjFord said .8 to one gallon from light coming on.