School Shootings

• You guys keep going - I haven’t had this much interest in my cock in years...carry on :D:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You nailed it, but how do we fix it? We need to make people accountable for their actions. Stop making the shootings about the shooter. Never mention their name, never show their picture. The media makes them famous. I just don't know anymore. I did an active shooter drill a few months ago with a local school. Within 90 seconds, I could not find any student or staff member. The whole freak'n school was a ghost town. Over 200 kids and about 30 staff members gone.

Same thing I've been thinking - but you can't do it. Everyone in the world wants the information so they can make themselves 'feel safe'. Anonymity would eliminate the superficial motive if it was iron-clad and nobody was ever identified. Again, not gonna happen.

Do your research, you will find not all officers are trained for active shooters. At best, most have had a 2 hour classroom only setting

With no return fire. Talk to our combat veterans about that. I'm not the guy, but I know the difference.

We need more people like you and your wife @KayTwo! But where are they going to come from? When we acted up we feared the vice-principle. He'd give you the hacks - that's right, a smack or two on the ass from a prevalently displayed and frequently used wooden paddle (gasp!) Or he would call your momma who'd tell your daddy and you'd wish you would have gotten the hacks. Either way, you respected, or learned to respect the consequences. Restore the power to the parents. It worked for many generations and it can work again. Sometimes progress has to focus on what has worked in the past. What you're all doin' now isn't working and I'm going to start shooting back. And like @FunCycle and @Zeeboo I'm probably not going to miss.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Here's another thought-provoking exchange from another guy I follow.

Then this sidebar conversation happened as a response....

So, I'm not an educator and I'm not a subject matter expert, but some of this rings true. Just putting this out there for public discussion.

• Bill Martin and kaytwo hit it on the head a couple of posts back. When I was in high school 91 through 95 we went down the block from the school and fought it out by the old foot bridge off school grounds. 5 ten minute fight someone won someone lost. If my kids even look at someone wrong I'm getting a phone call asking what's wrong at home and am I hugging him or her enough. My wife God bless her wants the kids to talk it out. But sometimes my daughter who's younger has had enough from older brother and she will take a swing at him. My father in law went to dyer highschool which is no longer around and when he went there he would walk into the school with his shot gun over his shoulder and put it in his locker with a bunch of his other buddies doing the same. They walked to school and it was easier to just go hunting together right from school then all of them going home and meeting back up. He said no one would even look at him twice. That story makes me laugh. There's a women that her daughter goes to school with my daughter and our 2 kids well there kids and argue one day and are friends the next. Her mom always wants to have little meetings with my wife to discuss what's been happening with the 2 and how we can work it out. My wife finally out of frustration said to her hey maybe your daughter is the problem you ever think of that. The mom tells my wife me and my daughter are each other's best friend and she would never lie to me you don't lie to friends. My wife said your daughter has plenty of friends try being a mother and open your eyes. Well the phone calls have stopped. Just ranting here. Everyone have a great day.

• Me and my kids shoot a couple times a month in the back yard. Pellet, 22, 410. It's interesting when I ask my kids why so and so don't ever come over and they say well there parents won't let them because we have guns. Now my kids don't go around telling people this but of course in school amongst there friends they talk about what they do over the summer or what they do over the weekend. It's just funny how stuff gets around. But it's not just the guns. Some won't let them come because we hunt. And others won't let there kids come over because of the atv's and dirt bikes.

• The kids not having a coping mechanism I can see. We have a terrible turn over rate at the building I'm at. I hate to say it but millennial after millennial. They can't show up on time ever they don't understand what the problem is with them being 1 minute or 2 late. My supervisors tell me they have there parents call in telling them there kids are exhausted and won't be in today. Or they call and say your putting to much work or responsibility on them there to stressed out. I can't make this up. Adult age children 18 to 30 having there parents calling in. I just shake my head. My wife goes to hair shows and salon business seminars and they had a speaker at one that talked all about dealing with millennials. She sat through some of the seminar but left shaking her head. All it was pretty much was there need alot of cottoling reasurance, there doing a good job and, they feel there not getting treated unfairly. They like being late and leaving early. They don't like rules. Yea but unfortunately realn world jobs don't work that way. My brother in law works high up for AT&T. He had to go to a class on how to deal with millennials. They even gave out a hand book to him to give to HR. Some of the crap they that was in there were amazing. I work in a union shop which is of course you build up time or seniority you move up, bid better jobs or routes and tour pay goes up with time. But the new kids that come through don't understand why they have to do this and why they don't get paid the same as the guy across from them. Well kiddo he or she has put in there time. You put in yours. But but but that's not fair it makes me feel bad. Get the f#&k out of here.

• Me and my kids shoot a couple times a month in the back yard. Pellet, 22, 410. It's interesting when I ask my kids why so and so don't ever come over and they say well there parents won't let them because we have guns. Now my kids don't go around telling people this but of course in school amongst there friends they talk about what they do over the summer or what they do over the weekend. It's just funny how stuff gets around. But it's not just the guns. Some won't let them come because we hunt. And others won't let there kids come over because of the atv's and dirt bikes.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though.

• I hired a new HR Generalist 2 weeks ago. Really nice, sharp young man. But A true millennial. I had to tell him to put his phone away when we are in meetings (with an executive no less) and not to answer emails or texts and to pay attention when we are on a conference call. Not to mention, trying to speak up when he knows nothing about processes yet. He read about it once and thinks he knows. I feel like I’m raising teenagers again.

• I hired a new HR Generalist 2 weeks ago. Really nice, sharp young man. But A true millennial. I had to tell him to put his phone away when we are in meetings (with an executive no less) and not to answer emails or texts and to pay attention when we are on a conference call. Not to mention, trying to speak up when he knows nothing about processes yet. He read about it once and thinks he knows. I feel like I’m raising teenagers again.

A teenager might be easier.....get'm young and you might have chance.....

I've been interviewing for a Performance Engineer position and figured I'd try and weed out the rifraf and do a Skype interview first before pulling in people 3 states over. I finally had to say something to the contracting company that although we are willing to train for the position, "I will never higher anyone who goes to even an initial interview in a T-shirt or even a pollo shirt". For as much as we are paying for these positions, you're going to act professional and like you give a crap. It just blows me away.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates