School Shootings

• Do you want to hear an unprecedented and singular hypothesis? Let's say you're a die-hard and unmovable anti-firearm advocate. What do you do to override the second amendment and prevalent firearm ownership in America? It can't be done, right? What if you advocated and/or committed atrocious actions against the most vulnerable segments of society to promote your cause? Specifically, large concentrations of celebrating people (Las Vegas) and the so-called 'safe-zones' otherwise know as schools - where our children go to be educated. There is no better way to get public sentiment on your side. No one would do such a thing you say? Then no one would bomb an abortion clinic to protect life. No army would sacrifice a platoon to protect a regiment. Sacrifice the few to protect the many is the concept I'm discussing and I FIRMLY believe that these are not unconnected incidents committed exclusively by mentally unstable individuals. I believe that there is a larger force at work and it's working to eliminate YOUR rights. There are no rules, and the sole purpose is to disarm the populace. How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Give up nothing if you believe in your rights. Stand on your own. Period.

SlingLow out!

If you look back a few years, it has already been done and it was called The FAST And The FURIOUS. That just happens to be the one that we found out about.

• I think arming teachers that are willing to be trained and go through training could help this problem. I like what my brother a combat veteran says on this matter. Let’s see what the little fuckers do with a little lead flying there way. Instead of going to unarmed places and shooting up the place.

• The following is a FB post written by an Eustis, Fl. middle school teacher- voted teacher of the year at her school. Pretty well sums up a lot of the "human intervention". Sorry it is long- for some reason the link didn't work.

"Kelly Guthrie Raley
    Feb. 15, 2018

Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.
    Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!
    I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine...it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.
    There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school...because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!
    Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?"

• @KayTwo I would say damn ballsy- Just imagining all the flack she took from helicopter parents, soccer Moms, etc. Pisses me off- overtime I see a little one mis-behaving at a store, and all the Mom does is hand the kid a smart phone, or buys them another toy- They are as obtuse as to what is going on in their kids lives as the Mother who truly neglects her kids.
    My son's school just finished their parent teacher conferences. There is not a teacher who has less than 150 kids, (5-6 classes per day X 30+ kids.) The teachers tallied how many parents cared enough to show- average number was <10. No wonder these kids are screwed up!

• Read something this AM that resounded with me.

"People defending the 2nd amendment seem awfully scared of teenagers armed only with the 1st amendment."

People who are criticizing these kids, calling them actors with contrived emotions, the emerging conspiracy theories - just batshit crazy. Have you lost your humanity?

• The 2nd Ammendment is what protects the 1st Ammendment...

I certainly recognize the line of thought that the second amendment protects us from a tyrannical government that could take away our first amendment rights. The first also helps to balance the second.

Essentially, these kids have their first amendment rights due in part to the second.

My post was a more direct comment to those questioning the sincerity and passion being expressed by the Parkland kids and the many others who are planning to walkout.

Defending one at the expense of the other doesn't make for a strong democracy either.

Devils advocate here ......

So at 16 (some states 15) you can drive, at 18 you can be tasked with defending all of our rights with the ultimate sacrifice ...

But ...... at 18 you are deemed not responsible enough to drink, purchase a handgun, and probably now a long gun ...

But at 18 you are given the ultimate responsibility .... the ability to vote ....

So which is it .... are you a citizen entitled to all Constitutional rights and protections at 18 or are you an irresponsible child who's rights must be regulated ....

...... devil-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Excellent observation!! Just another example of how screwed up the government is - makes you wonder - if a young person enlists at 18 -will they have to wait until their 21 to be able to be issued an “assault” rifle???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Excellent observation!! Just another example of how screwed up the government is - makes you wonder - if a young person enlists at 18 -will they have to wait until their 21 to be able to be issued an “assault” rifle???

What about a version of the Starship Troopers rule-book .....

No rights until 21 unless you are in the Military .... then they start the day you swear in .....

........... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• A good example of what is wrong, and how it can happen again unless we change the process.
    Last Friday evening my wife looked at our bank account to review the charges that have happened. She does this every two or three days to make sure an unknown charge has not gone through. I think she is just using that excuse to keep an eye on me. The following is what transpired.
    She discovered there was a charge for a almost $700.00 that was pending from a company called OPTICSPLANET that is located in Illinois who can be contacted through the folowing:
    Contact Information
    Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897
    Intl.: +1-847-513-6201
    Fax: +1-847-919-3003
    Email: sales@opticsplanet.com
    Upon seeing the charge she called our bank to get information on the purchase and to verify which card it was charged to. I then got online to see what they sold. Much to my delight I discovered they specialized in sporting goods and military equipment. While she was on the phone with the bank I placed a call to OPTICSPLANET and spoke with a salesperson to verify the purchase and let them know it was fraudulent. About this time my wife confirmed it was her card that had been used and that when she got to her work, a local high school, she was in a hurry and had not locked up her purse immediately. With this knowledge I was concerned that one of the students had gotten a hold of her card and made a purchase. I notified the salesperson of my concerns and the in relation to what was going on in Florida. I asked for him to verify the item that was purchased with my card and the mailing address. He refused to provide me with the information and forwarded me to his supervisor. I spoke with the supervisor who verified the item was shipped to my state and the item was indeed lethal if used with its intended piece of equipment. The supervisor also refused to provide me or our local police department with the mailing address. He said it would only be released when they received a Subpoena. I understand the protection needed, the purchase was made with my card!!! He was more concerned with what could happen if he provided the address to me than what could happen if the item was delivered.
    Eventually I hung up the phone and went to the Police department and filed a report and let them know our concerns. They followed up by calling OPTICSPLANET and talking to the supervisor. He once again refused to supply the address.
    So as of today, Wednesday, the Subpoena that was approved yesterday has still yet to be served because for some reason OPTICSPLANET is not answering the phone when the police call them. What makes this upsetting is that my wife knows who she thinks it is, and has to greet them with a smile and teach them to best of her ability everyday. Today in a conversation one of the 3 she suspects admitted to the class he owned an AR-15.
    See something, Say something, and be met with resistance. A business should not have the right, when a fraud has been committed, to hide behind a legal shield and make it difficult to act quickly. The supervisor's concern was for the person who committed the crime and wanted to protected him from the possibility of something happening. I assured him that I didn't want the address, but wanted the police to have it. I am more concerned with what could happen if this thief received the item.
    Frustrated and loosing faith in people who have no integrity for doing the right thing.

• That really sucks but I kinda understand. With all the identity theft going on businesses are really skeptical of giving out any information out of the ordinary over the phone. If they are avoiding your PD’s calls - that is unacceptable. If your PD has secured a legal subpoena signed by a judge they should contact the PD in the jurisdiction where Optics Planets resides and serve it in person. Once the subpoena is served they have no choice but to comply or risk being in Contempt of Court.

PS I need to update your address for billing purposes - please forward at your earliest convenience :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I assume the billing on your card has been stopped and maybe Opticplanet.com has not been paid. But! that does not cure the problem until the crap hits the fan and then they have to do something about it. I hope nothing like this happens but it does show how far your reporting this goes.