School Shootings

    • Nemesis1701 wrote:

      My friends we can all look for answers to this and will find one common denominator. Many of you know me I'm no angel, but i was raised with God in my heart and its been many many years since Ive spoken to HIM but when you forget his voice or grow up in a generation that has done its best to eliminate HIM from our lives........well evil prevails
      No one wakes up wanting to die...no parent starts their day wanting to lose a child. It is another sad day for this generation.

      Live long and prosper!

      THIS! Read studies when first entering education, as a teacher, how the one thing that has truly changed is how less and less religion plays a role in families and children. The population is increasing, yet church going families is decreasing... Sad, but there's a correlation there. Basically boils down to values, morals, beliefs--the foundation!


      sideseatdriver wrote:

      When I go to school every day, I look down my halls and plot how I would handle something like this. I'm sure it has crossed. @'MiM''s worst nightmares too. The issue just isn't that simple, and neither is any fix.

      Oh yeah... And know this... I will take action, even if it means dieing trying to stop the threat...

      Shatneyman wrote:

      I deal with this shit every day, I come on here to relax and enjoy my sling. This is the last thing I want to deal with. Whoever started this thread,... you suck dog shit,... I'm done and out! :thumbdown:
      This is what Jared was talking about... Let's just find a happy place and ignore threads we don't care about... Nobody needs to do anything with dog shit...

    • Shatneyman wrote:

      I deal with this shit every day, I come on here to relax and enjoy my sling. This is the last thing I want to deal with. Whoever started this thread,... you suck dog shit,... I'm done and out! :thumbdown
      Sorry bro / sure didn’t mean to upset ya / you know me - never back away from controversial topics. You know I’m just a big ole
    • Bill Martin wrote:

      First off prayers and condolences to all victims and their families in this horrible Florida shooting that has claimed 17 lives so far.

      I know many of us here are older from a different generation but WTF is going on with our young people today??? I know school shootings (other than the sniper at University of Texas) were unheard of when I was growing up. Have we as a society allowed things to devolve so far that young folks have no respect for human life??? These crazies seem to pick on school and church settings because they know most there will be unarmed and just shooting fish in a barrel turning places that should be the most peaceful into killing fields. I know there was a gun scare at a local high school a couple weeks ago and I truly feared for my grandaughter’s life for a short while. Luckily it was just a stupid kid bringing a gun to school to show it to his friends. We all know gun control is not the answer. Do we increase school taxes enough to pay to have armed guards roam the halls of our schools? At this point I know it sounds crazy but I am just about ready to see my 15 year old granddaughter armed so she would at least have a chance in one of these horrific events. I know that never would happen and would cause many other problems. So what is the answer?? I hate to say it just seems we just have to accept the slaughter of our children and grandchildren. Truly a sad day when things like this cannot be stopped as it appears to me.
      ...... when I was a child the principal patrolled the hall and made us tuck our shirts in and a paddle hung from the wall in his office- and he used it. And if you got in trouble at school it was nothing compared to what you got when you got home. There was respect for authority and it was backed up with action. Discipline was the rule not the exception. People are asking now what can we do? The answer is simple. Don’t let the inmates run the asylum. Not a single school shooting when I was a kid to my knowledge.
    • .... when I was a child the principal patrolled the hall and made us tuck our shirts in and a paddle hung from the wall in his office- and he used it. And if you got in trouble at school it was nothing compared to what you got when you got home. There was respect for authority and it was backed up with action. Discipline was the rule not the exception. People are asking now what can we do? The answer is simple. Don’t let the inmates run the asylum. Not a single school shooting when I was a kid to my knowledge.
    • A 3D printer costs less than 5K and can make a fully-auto weapon, silencer and high capacity mags. Heck, I’ve seen the technical drawings online ~> So what then?? These kids are getting smarter and it’s only a matter of time before “THAT” becomes the next issue.

      Sadly, we have a people problem... and we’re past the point of repair IMHO. That said, us/we “normal folks” should stay armed and train (not only ourselves, but our kids) until someone/something smarter comes along which can give us a reason to let our guard down.

      *I for one, am not holding my breath...
      If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
      // ES-DesignWorks
    • Bill Martin wrote:

      Shatneyman wrote:

      I deal with this shit every day, I come on here to relax and enjoy my sling. This is the last thing I want to deal with. Whoever started this thread,... you suck dog shit,... I'm done and out! :thumbdown
      Sorry bro / sure didn’t mean to upset ya / you know me - never back away from controversial topics. You know I’m just a big ole
      @Bill Martin is that a picture of a dachshund or better know as a Wiener ? :00008172:
    • New

      Well, I had a long reply typed out for this. Like @KayTwo, this is not the place for what I had typed. While it wasn't anything other than my opinion and I didn't call out anyone by name, it's best to just leave that discussion for a different time. I agree with many here, and just as firmly disagree with a few of the things said by some. But this is just not the place. So, the condensed version of what I wrote before is found below.

      My heart felt condolences to anyone that was directly affected by this mentally unstable shooter. I hope no one takes offence to my mentioning that last part. I am pretty sure we all will agree that it takes a special type of mentally unstable to kill children and wound others at random. I can't even wrap my head around what makes someone think that this is an acceptable or right thing to do.
      :REDSS: :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS: :MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS:
    • New

      Bill Martin wrote:

      @iNewton not to be argumentative but, as usual, I’m sure we will find that this animal obtained this firearm thru legal process. The amount of guns in Canada or the US is not the problem and it seems we cannot pinpoint what is. If this guy had pulled the fire alarm then pulled a machete out just how many terrified kids could he have hacked to death before being stopped. What ya gonna do then - register machetes ???? The problem IMO is either mental or societal.

      PS I started this thread to vent and to hear other folk’s opinion on this matter. I have been on this forum since day one and had absolutely no reservations that the folks on this forum can discuss hot button issues with being able to refrain from personal attacks. I went back and reread from the beginning and believe I made the right call - well done gentlemen!!

      PS. IMO when you sink to personal attacks your argument has run out of substance or you lack the mental ability to prove your point!!
      Most of this could be taking care of by enforcing the laws that we have and it is not being done. New laws and or gun control will not take care of the problem.
    • New

      AllIn5450 wrote:

      I just get so tired of hearing "It is the guns fault" and we need to ban all guns.
      Just because 1 person used 1 gun, 1 GUN out of 350 MILLION guns, and we need to BAN ALL GUNS.
      WHY don't I hear we need to ban alcohol after a DUI crash that kills entire families, EVERY FRIGGIN DAY
      Why don't I hear we need to ban cell phones after people are killed because someone is on a phone instead of paying attention while driving, EVERY FRIGGIN DAY?
      Why don't I hear about banning junk food when people die from obesity EVERY FRIGGIN DAY
      Why don't we ban Cigarettes when people die EVERY FRIGGIN DAY from Cancer?
      Why don't we pass a law requiring every one be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect them from injury while walking because they MIGHT trip and fall down?
      AND........Why don't I hear about the UK banning cars and trucks in the country because terrorists use them to kill dozens and dozens of people?

      In all these countries that have banned guns from their citizens, WHY ARE THE POLICE STILL ARMED?

      Stop blaming the object and blame the person who uses the object in a way and for a use that it was not designed for.

      You can not pass enough laws to make everyone safe if everyone does not follow the law.

      Rant over.......I'm out
      Thank You for telling it this way. Now, to go to an earlier post that I made about our children knowing how to use guns and the safety involved. I have 9 grands and everyone of them know about hand guns and long guns except for the 7 year old girl, who is of small stature for her age. But within the next few months she also will know the in's and out's of the proper safety and the use of hand guns and long guns. I would sincerely hope that this would never have to happen to our children but at least they would know what they could do.
    • New

      I think @FunCycle hit the nail on the head. Enforce the laws that are there now. We have the same in Canada, we let a criminal off with a slap or nothing because of loop holes or the officers forgot to cross a t or dot an i or spelt a word wrong. When a person is guilty they are guilty. I have seen where someone is out on bail doing the same crime they are out for. Makes me wonder where the justice system started to fail the people that created it
    • New

      gooseman wrote:

      I think @FunCycle hit the nail on the head. Enforce the laws that are there now. We have the same in Canada, we let a criminal off with a slap or nothing because of loop holes or the officers forgot to cross a t or dot an i or spelt a word wrong. When a person is guilty they are guilty. I have seen where someone is out on bail doing the same crime they are out for. Makes me wonder where the justice system started to fail the people that created it
      You are so right, that is the only control that we have over this problem and nothing else will solve it.
    • New

      FunCycle wrote:

      gooseman wrote:

      I think @FunCycle hit the nail on the head. Enforce the laws that are there now. We have the same in Canada, we let a criminal off with a slap or nothing because of loop holes or the officers forgot to cross a t or dot an i or spelt a word wrong. When a person is guilty they are guilty. I have seen where someone is out on bail doing the same crime they are out for. Makes me wonder where the justice system started to fail the people that created it
      You are so right, that is the only control that we have over this problem and nothing else will solve it.
      Personally, I think we should start by getting rid of the lawyers.... :P
      :BLUESS:
    • New

      We live in a society where we can't even agree that killing children is wrong. Our politics have destroyed right and wrong.
      The right says killing children by abortion is wrong. The left supports abortion and says killing children with guns is wrong. The right says blame the killer not the guns. The left says we need more gun laws and on it goes.
    • New

      KayTwo wrote:

      FunCycle wrote:

      gooseman wrote:

      I think @FunCycle hit the nail on the head. Enforce the laws that are there now. We have the same in Canada, we let a criminal off with a slap or nothing because of loop holes or the officers forgot to cross a t or dot an i or spelt a word wrong. When a person is guilty they are guilty. I have seen where someone is out on bail doing the same crime they are out for. Makes me wonder where the justice system started to fail the people that created it
      You are so right, that is the only control that we have over this problem and nothing else will solve it.
      Personally, I think we should start by getting rid of the lawyers.... :P
      :00008359:
    • New

      The longer we do nothing, the longer we'll have to endure it all, and the worse it will get.

      It's time to come together as a people and decide what future we wish for our fine nation.
      It's time to stop allowing ourselves to be manipulated.
      It's time to admit that mistakes have been made, by many, in many areas.

      It's time to DO something. Anything.

      Most importantly...anything but endlessly recycle the same vitriol and bullshit that's been passing for "dialogue" for some years now. I wish I would have been delighted to see something actually new in this thread. I can't say as I'm surprised that I was disappointed.

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.