Where has the time gone?

• Today marks 22 years since my first morning at Great Lakes for Navy boot camp. I just don't understand where the time has gone. It doesn't seem possible that it's been that long...it's been an interesting trip. Countless schools, a dozen duty stations up and down the east coast (some of them duplicates), four ships, five deployments, three major shipyards (plus ENTERPRISE, which seemed at times like one long shipyard punctuated with some time at sea), couple of shore tours, a resignation from active duty and re-entry to uniformed service, and now my own command here in Greenville...it's been a whirlwind of an adventure. I can't say it's all been fun, but it's gotten me to where I am today, with a wonderful family, some good memories, a lifetime of experience, and some more adventures on the horizon. I can't imagine who I would be today, or where I'd be (probably in jail, lol) without the life I have lived.

I've met some interesting folks along the way. Good people, not-so-good people, and more than I can count who gave me guidance or directed my life (not always for the better, at least at the time), many more than I can count who I don't even keep in touch with anymore. But I have to say, of all of the groups and individuals I have met, I have found some of the most enjoyable and most enriching interactions and relationships here, in this Forum family. I've been part of more professional and social groups than I care to think about, and as many here have noted in the past, none of them hold a candle to this crazy community that has grown around such a crazy machine. Thanks for all you guys do to support each other and bring smiles and levity and support to each other.

I wouldn't be here without my crazy wrenchwench and partner in crime, @sideseatdriver. You and our kids are what keep me going, pointing in (mostly) the right direction. Thanks for all of your support over the years, and especially the support to join this particular brother- and sister-hood on 3 wheels. I couldn't do this without you. Love you, baby. <3

• Thanks for sharing, my nephew just graduated from Boot at Great Lakes last week

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @KayTwo Thank you for your service
    Great seeing you yesterday..

Time is what you make of it. Just remember you can't get any of it back so make the best of it when you have it!

It was great to see you too, brother. Next time, we do lunch or something.

I feel like I'm making the most of the time I have, there's just so much I want to do...

• Holy shit, he's a baaaaabyyyyy...
    Congrats!

Yes he is - Decided he wanted to go in the Navy straight out of High school and left for boot just before last Christmas. His name is Neal Hocker and I am very proud of him :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @KayTwo

Thank you for your service....

Just sayin' if you had waited until tomorrow for your glowing post concerning your life partner, you coulda qualified for a Valentines Day twofer

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I wouldn't be here without my crazy wrenchwench and partner in crime, @sideseatdriver. You and our kids are what keep me going, pointing in (mostly) the right direction. Thanks for all of your support over the years, and especially the support to join this particular brother- and sister-hood on 3 wheels. I couldn't do this without you. Love you, baby. <3

Awwwwwwe :love: , look at you being all romantic and shit!!! ... What did you break or buy? :evil::P

• I wouldn't be here without my crazy wrenchwench and partner in crime, @sideseatdriver. You and our kids are what keep me going, pointing in (mostly) the right direction.

Hmmm... lets see: Your wife is flat-out amazing... your kids are cheek-pinching adorable... and you sir: Papa Bear, Mr. November (or my personal favorite), just plain ole' DADDY... are a fine example of how I remember men being real men. Strong, caring and courageous ~> and because of that, you've been blessed with a wonderful life (BONUS: some of the best years are yet to come as you grow old with your family)!

*I just hope you don't become a grumpy douche kitten when your body starts making new sounds or when Heather constantly outdoes your skills turning wrenches... The brain/mouth filter is always the first to go ~> don't "F" it up!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Hmmm... lets see: Your wife is flat-out amazing... your kids are cheek-pinching adorable... and you sir: Papa Bear, Mr. November (or my personal favorite), just plain ole' DADDY... are a fine example of how I remember men being real men. Strong, caring and courageous ~> and because of that, you've been blessed with a wonderful life (BONUS: some of the best years are yet to come as you grow old with your family)!
    *I just hope you don't become a grumpy douche kitten when your body starts making new sounds or when Heather constantly outdoes your skills turning wrenches... The brain/mouth filter is always the first to go ~> don't "F" it up!

You got that right @ericastar76 . " KayTwo DO NOT MESS THIS UP"

• Time does fly Jared!

First, thank you for your service. And all others here who have served. :thumbup:

Second, yeah, time flies... My oldest is 5. When did that happen? My Slingshot is 2015... It's 2018! :( And my gut... Well, that just started to make its way out, so I'm having to do some more structured physical activity... Guess that's called exercise? Fuck! And I haven't even cracked 35 yet... ;(

Anyway, you've got a great family and we just need to keep that at the forefront... Everything else falls into place if they're first. Oh yeah, and like @FunCycle said, toys! Gotta have toys! 8o

Soldier on... Or should I say, sail? 8|