Anybody have pdfs of the service manual

• I have read a few threads about purchasing a service manual and doing service yourself.
    That is my intention. Do you guys think manual is really needed. It looks like nice step by step pics and video are out there for oil changes and angle drive fluid change.
    If there are other key things to to do on our own how about scanning key pages of the manual
    :thumbsup:
    From what I gather K&N oil filter
    Mobil1 oil
    Royal Purple gear oil foir drive.
    Grease gun for fitting under the cup holder. ( if I need it for 2018) not sure.
    Anyways, thx for a great forum. Glad to have signed up.

• PDFs of the service manual are alive and about. Not fair game on this forum.

Make friends. Or pay $$$. It isn't that much.

I understand that and do not question it.

That being said, it pisses me off to no end to think about the fact that I paid the better part of $30k for a brand new 2018 SS and they expect me to "purchase" a repair manual. It should be standard equipment with all new sales. With the help of God and the good people on this forum I hope I will not ever be forced to buy it!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I found a pdf of the 2015 online. It was protected so that it couldn't be downloaded and saved, but it was pretty easy to get around the protection

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I found an online offer of the manual in Ebay for $40, they mailed me a CD. Seemed legit as it was watermarked and copyrighted.
    But much better than paying $100+ for the paper copy

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I found an online offer of the manual in Ebay for $40, they mailed me a CD. Seemed legit as it was watermarked and copyrighted.
    But much better than paying $100+ for the paper copy

I guess that will work but it's going to be hard to find the greasy pages that you use all the time...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'd rather not send $50 to some lurker who pops up on the forum for 3 posts, with set goal only to acquire the manual from other members without owning a SS and only to end up selling the manual on fleabay! Ghost is absolutely right about the Service Manual, at least on a CD, should be free with purchase of the SS versus a stinking ball cap and discounts you'll get anyways LOL I've yet to start searching for the manual but this thread is a reminder that I need to do so and download it to my tablet and burn a CD for the garage. I know the time will come when I'm up at 3am doing a repair busting knuckles and the "Slingshot Gear-heads" are tucked away for the night...and I'll have to patiently wait until their morning round of the forum to bail me out of a tough spot lol So far the only thing you guys have done is help me burn a hole in my pocket accumulating mods to install and that's an entirely different set of PDF's on installs LOL

• I'd rather not send $50 to some lurker who pops up on the forum for 3 posts, with set goal only to acquire the manual from other members without owning a SS and only to end up selling the manual on fleabay! Ghost is absolutely right about the Service Manual, at least on a CD, should be free with purchase of the SS versus a stinking ball cap and discounts you'll get anyways LOL I've yet to start searching for the manual but this thread is a reminder that I need to do so and download it to my tablet and burn a CD for the garage. I know the time will come when I'm up at 3am doing a repair busting knuckles and the "Slingshot Gear-heads" are tucked away for the night...and I'll have to patiently wait until their morning round of the forum to bail me out of a tough spot lol So far the only thing you guys have done is help me burn a hole in my pocket accumulating mods to install and that's an entirely different set of PDF's on installs LOL

I have a CD copy of the 2015-2017 SLR Manuel and id be glad to make copy’s for anyone (member) on this forum!!! Pm me if your interested. I have a number of blank CDs but if you want it put on a flash drive we can discuss that @ the cost of the drive or you can send me a drive to put it on.

⛄️

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

Edited once, last by MWSlingshot ().

• I bought the paper manual the day I got my SS. Manual wasn't in stock, they said they didn't remember selling any of them. Yes, I agree, it would be nice to get with the machine. But.... I have given away several HD manuals to close friends if I had near duplicates (kept the newer one if no real major changes) and still have 5 of them in my shop.... and I paid for every one of them. After seeing the local dealership's (can I even say that? they are near 100 miles from me....) work, I think what I paid was cheap. The manual will pay for itself many times over in saved labor costs... and I know it's done right. That last part (being done right) hasn't happened to mine even one single time at the dealers that I've been too. I won't buy the extended warranty, nor will my dealer see it again unless something major happens before May 22nd. Even then, I might just eat it and not take it in. Locally, I have less than zero faith in the hacks the dealers refer to as their "mechanics".