newbie question

• just got my new ride and i have a few questions, im new here so hope this is the correct section. im looking for info on other then polaris oil filters, what kinds are ok and part numbers. also tires (car tires) (darkside tires) so when i wear out the kendas. i have used the search but cant figure it out yet, also i keep seeing people mention darkside on here in their post how and where is the darkside stuff. on my bike i run a darkside tire and it great. also in the bike forum they had a section with posted aftermarket part numbers, crossrefrences and interchanges. thank you all in advance for the knowledge.

• Welcome to the forum @cbailey7a
    You are most definitely in the right place to ask questions
    There is search function where you can find existing threads an most of what you need to know

KN makes a replacement for the stock filter I think the part 3 is 7000 but I have to double check since I have a remote filter

Tires you will find lots of varying opinions my personal choice are the BFG G force comp 2
    g-Force COMP-2 A/S | BFGoodrich Tires

Available in AS and summer formula - I run summer

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• welcome. "The Dark Side" is another Slingshot site on the net. While some info, it is no where near as active as this site, and often you get highly critical feedback vice constructive info (like here). For example, I asked about speakers, and the feedback I got from a moderator was they are "not speakers, they are drivers......". Understand that technically was correct, go to best buy and ask where their car drivers are. The best people are here.

The search on this site works well, but I've also had luck just using google and including slingshot in the question....."like what tire size fits the slingshot...". Google will most often pop up numerous links to this site (and the TDS.....), where I've had trouble with searches within site on RARE occasions.

On tire choice,,,,,any are better than the stocks! As MACAWS mentioned, allot of choices and somewhat depends on what you want....soft, quiet, etc.

• @cbailey7a you can also bookmark posts for future reference like I just did with @'KayTwo''s post above. Just hit the little pushpin icon in the middle of the bar at the lower right of the post. You can enter a description (tire and filter references), then access it later via 'bookmarks' on the toolbar underneath 'forums'. I started doing this when I read something that I'd like to do, and spend money on, later. Very helpful and saves time.

Regarding oil filters, I use the Mobil M1C-151 along with Mobil 1 full synthetic oil.

Welcome to the show - enjoy your ride!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• thanks everyone for the info , i really like the bookmark thing. one more question how long does it take to get used to the noisy L drive, it kinda sounds like the rear end in an old car i once had , then again it also sounds like a drag car drivetrain, i have found that the radio turned up louder helps

• cbailey7a Boy is that a loaded quesion!

When we first got ours in Nov, I said it howled like a wolf!

Since I've installed the SC and 2.5" exhaust out the rear I seldom pay it any attention.

It is amazing how much quieter a loud exhaust makes the right angle drive. The Fosgate system helps too!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• You can reduce quite a bit of the howl by loosening the drive belt tension. The factory spec of .63in @ 10lbs is too damn tight. Mine is double that and I've never skipped a tooth. There's a couple videos to show you how if you Google "polaris slingshot drive belt adjustment"

• thanks everyone for the info , i really like the bookmark thing. one more question how long does it take to get used to the noisy L drive, it kinda sounds like the rear end in an old car i once had , then again it also sounds like a drag car drivetrain, i have found that the radio turned up louder helps

Welcome, the angle drive will wear in and make less noise as you put the miles on it. Most of us have changed the lube to Royal Purple. Use the search function on this forum to find just about anything (and I do mean anything) you want to know about the Slingshot